Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    Trying to eat light today. Sunday brunch:
    Chocolate zucchini muffin and half a fresh peach
    tuxo0texlqc3.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    Well, the muffin would be right up my alley! Today was "leftover" day, so the carb count wasn't great, but within the calorie counts. Trying to meld all of the diets together for the guys makes it very difficult to make tasty meals, nevertheless watching carbs.
  • cmsienk
    Back to my exercise class tonight. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow
  • cmsienk
    Walked 4 miles with a friend today (we met for coffee first). So far I've had good control over my eating... however - the night is young.
  • connierandel
    edited August 2022
    Yesterday was a total bust on the diet, but have done well on calories today. I have been terrible about exercise, though.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    I haven't been on this thread for awhile. How yummy. I need to do that with oats to make oat flour and be able to have something "bready". I did eat some bread when we went out for dinner last night, not much, but it looked and did taste so yummy. We ate at a sea food restaurant for Wade's birthday, my birthday at the end of the month, and Wade's retirement! Our neighbors and very good friends took us out. I am going to finish my meal for dinner tonight. Soooo good!
  • cmsienk
    Walked 4 miles with another friend yesterday (we actually dragged our husbands with us; went to a nearby park and walked around the lake)
  • Restfinder
    Woohoo for you, Cindy! I did 800 steps today outside. It's about 85 degrees, much cooler than it has been. I'm still sweating half an hour later though. I may have to wait until it gets to around 80! But it was so nice to get that walk in! Let's see, I've walked .6 of a mile so far today - ugh! I'm hoping I will get to 2000 steps for the day. It's before lunch, so I have a chance to meet that goal!
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    I'm on day 3 of no added sugar. It's hard! So far I've lost 3 lbs. It remains to be seen if I can keep it up. Last night's dinner...
    Rosemary pistachio crusted chicken with a cream sauce over Jasmine rice with a side of peas
    z4dxuy5bl6rw.jpg It looked prettier before I sliced it and drizzled the sauce on it
  • connierandel
    Oh - looks good. I need to find some new recipes that the guys can eat. There is a free cookbook that came up on kindle today on cooking for Gout patients. I "bought" it and am going to look through the recipes. That will give me some ideas that maybe I can adapt to the other diets as well.

Right now we are doing lots of chicken breast, pork loin and ground turkey with lettuce only salads, green beans, corn and rice (potatoes for Bill).
  • Restfinder
    Cindy, that looks really yummy. I need to keep the pistachios in mind when I do some chicken up for myself! Mom used to make salmon patties using saltine crackers. I can't eat saltines, so I used pecans chopped up with an egg to hold it all together - sooo, good!

Was at 235 today, jumping between 234 and 235. With Wade retired now I am looking for supplements that will do the same thing as my meds did (diuretics, tummy helps, etc...). I will still need to use the one that slows my heart rate, the tramadol, and the migraine med. I don't use it nearly as often as I did before, but if I can't get the Emgality or the Aimovig then I will end up using it more often. I might just have to sign up for the Aimovig help, that will see me through for a year at least without having to pay anything - they just want a lot of information. I can get the Emgality until December, but it doesn't work nearly as well as the Aimovig did. We'll have to play it by ear.
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    Thanks! I also made some walnut and thyme crusted tenders the same night. They both turned out well. (I ran out of pistachio mixture, but still had two tenders to coat, so I pulsed up some walnuts and added thyme instead of rosemary just to be different). The darker ones (4) are the pistachio ones...
    rnj2xatt2fa3.jpg
    Still only 3 lbs down, but I haven't gained anything.

Day 4 no 🍬 🍪🍰🍭🍦🍩🍫

• Restfinder
    Woohoo, Cindy! That looks so delicious! I love nut crusted anything!

Eating well today, avoiding treats. I had over 2,000 steps yesterday, but not nearly that much today. Wade and I went through the stuff in our linen closet (combination of Mom's and ours) and were able to get rid of some stuff (there was a tube of Campho Phenique in there that was 30 years old - Mom hated throwing stuff away! We now have room to put some towels in there! LOL! I bought some of those handled three section baskets to keep like stuff in so I can more easily find things in there. They were just $2.98 each at Walmart. I got four, but that wasn't nearly enough so Wade scrounged around and we found a few other boxes to keep stuff in too. We have bandaids coming out of our ears! We also have a couple of boxes of Q-tips! It was fun finding all kinds of stuff.
  • cmsienk
    I found a Birch Benders pancake mix in the pantry yesterday (that I don't at all remember buying) so I made Keto blueberry pancakes for Sunday brunch.
    6yvbv0n67akw.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Wow, looks yummy. Wade made some Johnny Cakes (corn bread pancakes) and I'm going to do that with some peanut butter and jelly on them for dinner. I have been craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but can't eat bread, so this will be the next best thing! I really like these much better than regular cornbread too.

Haven't done much healthy lately. I need to get back into walking around the house. Weights will have to wait for quite a while because something happened to my thumb (very painful to bend at times and it won't hold weight without being painful. I've been wearing a brace) and I can't really use it for much. I might be able to hold the one pound ones I have with the little hand strap on them, I'll give those a try!

Still working on going through Mom's stuff - phew, she had a bunch. It's so hard letting anything go, but there is a lot that we will never use. We went through her sewing stuff today - I don't sew, so I pulled out some nice scissors, lots of safety pins of all sizes, and several little sewing kits. Oh, she also had a pin cushion that Wade remembered her having when he was a young boy, so I put that in the top part of my desk, behind glass, on display! I went through her jewelry the other day. Most of it isn't worth anything, but I found a little pin that looked like a mouse - her nickname was Mousey. I kept that and some pairs of earrings. The rest will go to our favorite thrift store.

Keep up the good work, y'all. God bless.
  • Restfinder
    Eating well today. I did do some house walking yesterday and got around 1800 total steps.
  • cmsienk
    It's been a week since I stopped eating anything with added sugar. I did have 1/2 a serving of honey pistachios the other day - but that was only 1.5g of added sugar. Still only 3 lbs down though
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    Taking baby steps here, but I have to start somewhere!

Water - 2 glasses
    Walking - 20 minutes in the cool of the evening
  • cmsienk
    The food here has been terrible; not many gluten free choices and more often than not it was cold. Happy to be heading home later today for 4 nights of sleeping in my own bed.
  • connierandel
    Cindy - when you travel do you pack some foods that you can eat in your room?