What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Not a great day, but I did keep to my 8 hours (actually 7) and no sugar. That's a start, anyway. No sugar yesterday after breakfast.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    I definitely have been eating too much sugar. I got another 7,000 steps today, so that's good. I fly home very early tomorrow morning so I need to get to sleep
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    I've stayed away from sugar so far today and can't figure out what I would eat that has it in it! I had a piece of cherry crumble pie with some ice cream on top yesterday - hits the spot when hot!

I'm hoping we will get a pop-up shower this evening - all my planters and garden need it. I'll have to do some deep watering tomorrow if not. Got some okra and cherry tomatoes and a couple of peppers today. We have quite a few watermelon growing right now, one that is fairly close. They aren't the giant watermelon, but the small round ones. Woohoo. First time trying to grow those and they seem to be doing great! There's a lot of growth at the top of the potato grow bags, so hope the bags are full of lovely potatoes. Won't know til all that green stuff dies back. The sweet potatoes seem to be doing well too. Praise the Lord. So glad it is going well this year. Oh, and the figs are ripening up nicely, we just have to keep the mocking bird from flying up under the netting and eating them!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Stayed within my hours and no sugar. Not saying everything was a good choice, but no sugar, at least. I ordered groceries today and purposely didn't order anything sweet.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Well, I came home from Nashville the same weight as when I left, so at least I didn't gain. But I was really good yesterday and this morning I'm down 2 lbs. It's probably water weight, but it's encouragement to be good again today. Yesterday I only had coffee before 2 o'clock and then I had chaffles with 1/3 cup wild black raspberries I'd picked the day before. For dinner I had veggie pasta and peas. This morning I'm headed over to walk with my friend Beth. We usually make it 2 miles. So... that's a fair number of healthy choices for me!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Yesterday I did make some better choices in food, stayed within me time frame, and no sugar. At least that is baby steps. I need to start tracking again, but the food I cook anymore, I have to add everything into recipes and I may or may not make it again....that is just such a pain. I should write down everything I use, then decide if I am going to make it again after dinner. If it was good enough to duplicate, then put it in. I am just so tired of the same stuff, I have been experimenting.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I got so tired of tracking. Also, for some reason, I found it easier to track on SP than I do here.

BUT... I was down another pound this morning. That's real incentive to avoid the Sander's milk chocolate sea salt caramels I have in the pantry. I ate 2 yesterday and had some chips and sour cream and onion dip late in the afternoon. Other than that, I did okay food-wise.

I ended the day at just over 10,000 steps - that 2 mile morning walk with my friend certainly helped with that.

Have a healthy and blessed weekend!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Today, I did fairly well, but I did eat one (from a 2pk) Little Debbie cake. Bill had eaten one from it a couple of days ago and I had that one in a baggie in the fridge. I decided to have a small cheat.

I really didn't have problems tracking before I started having to do all of the different types of cooking. I have to make my own spice mixes, sausage, taco seasoning, cream of xxx soups, sauces, etc. I used to buy all of that stuff and could find on the trackers, but now I have to do my own. I also have been changing recipes every time I make something, depending on what I have in the house, or what I think it lacked the last time, or to make it friendly with all diets. And I refuse to cook 3 different meals for one dinner.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I'm now stuck at this new weight. Still 3 lbs down but haven't lost any more in a few days. I've had a green salad with veggies and a scoop of chicken salad for dinner the last two nights and there's been very little cheating (two sea salt caramels yesterday), so that's somewhat frustrating.

Going to walk with my friend in a few minutes, so I'll get in a good number of steps today
  • Restfinder
    Options
    OOO, the dreaded plateau! Hopefully, it won't last long, all those miles you walk have got to be taking away calories like crazy!

I've been getting close to or just over 2,000 steps a day, which is an improvement for me. I said no to a treat yesterday - woohoo!

I had some dental work done today so ended up not eating out afterwards but came home and had a little pudding cup and my cranberry juice smoothie. Will have my leftover Reuben and fries from yesterday for dinner. Sweet potato chips for a snack later on. I have been staying true to my 12/12, except on a church night when I have a snack when we get home, so it's more like 14/10 on those two nights.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Still doing well on my 16/8. Yesterday and today I was back to no sugar, but tonight we had Mexican food and ate entirely too many tortilla chips. I made the meal, so it was add what you want. I was good on the ingredients, but oh my, the tortilla chips!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I've had a frustrating morning. They provided lunch on the rooftop - which was basically hamburgers, hot dogs and chips. HOMEMADE chips. They're amazing and I took extra with me when I came back downstairs. So I'm right there with you and having too many - except my chips were potato chips.
  • Laura_TX
    Laura_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @cmsienk I understand - the days I have to drive in to work, and they provide the food, it's almost impossible to eat healthy. I can't imagine eating on a rooftop though. That sounds nice, if the weather is bearable. (It's 106 here today.)
  • Laura_TX
    Laura_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really didn't have problems tracking before I started having to do all of the different types of cooking. I have to make my own spice mixes, sausage, taco seasoning, cream of xxx soups, sauces, etc. I used to buy all of that stuff and could find on the trackers, but now I have to do my own. I also have been changing recipes every time I make something, depending on what I have in the house, or what I think it lacked the last time, or to make it friendly with all diets. And I refuse to cook 3 different meals for one dinner.

Connie this sounds so hard. I've decided with MFP to just pick the food that is closest and not stress about it. In the old days I would have, but it's just not worth it to me. There are 2 recipes I make fairly frequently that I added to whisk.com recipe builder just so I can get the nutritional info and then I added them to "My Foods" in MFP. But I won't do that very often.
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Laura_TX wrote: »
    @cmsienk I understand - the days I have to drive in to work, and they provide the food, it's almost impossible to eat healthy. I can't imagine eating on a rooftop though. That sounds nice, if the weather is bearable. (It's 106 here today.)
    It was 79-80° here around lunchtime... I sat under an umbrella in the shade and there was a nice breeze, so it was actually quite nice
  • Restfinder
    Options
    We're 87 right now, but it's cloudy out. The humidity is what gets to me. If it's humid I have a hard time catching my breath. If I get too hot I also get to feeling bad. I need to wash off with cold water and bring my temp back down!

Doing alright. I wanted some ice cream last night but had something else (veggie chips). Wade kept looking at me as the bag kept crinkling and I kept crunching - "How many chips are in that bag?!" I enjoyed them while they lasted!

For some reason, my weight is going down. I was 239 at the beginning of the week and am at 237 this morning. Praise the Lord, I won't question a blessing!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Staying with 16/8, but have been really trying to fix (or buy) foods that will spark Bills appetite. It is funny, tonight we had a few left over chicken tenders from Cheddar (from last night). Bill LOVES fried chicken! He ate 3 1/2 last night. Tonight, I fixed a pasta dish with a bit of sauteed chicken and gave him 2 leftover tenders. He usually just eats a tiny spoon of the pasta and tonight he ate a big spoon of pasta and a big spoon of slaw, but left one of his tenders. Who knows?
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Moment by moment, Connie! Sometimes what they come up with brings chuckles, but often, at least for me, it brought a furrowed brow - what on earth is she doing now??? LOL! Love me some chicken tenders too. We saw a super easy chicken casserole on YouTube and are going to try and make it soon. It uses canned chicken (we have lots of that), cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix. Mom made a chicken casserole similar to this one and it was a favorite.

I did have a snack later in the evening than I am used to so I didn't get my 12/12 done last night. I had breakfast around 6 this morning, so that is going to set my schedule back today. I'm really hungry right now (10:15) so will probably do lunch - a ham and cheese wrap (sweet potato wrap), sweet potato chips, and a cup of cranberry juice with my powders added (greens and potassium).
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I just finished my first meal of the day - chaffles with wild black raspberries added inside and on top. 😋 I added a tsp of ground flaxseed and cinnamon to the base recipe, using almond flour this time.
    That's the 'healthy' part of my day so far.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Stayed in my 16/8. I ate left over pasta and a slice of toast for brunch and a turkey/pork burger with chips for dinner. Snack was a string cheese.