What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I've gotten a few walks in this past week. That's something at least
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    The last few days haven't been good, and I am going to go ahead and cheat today (bought cinnamon roll for breakfast), but will go back to being good tomorrow. It is supposed to be nice, so I think I will go ahead and take my walk.
  • cmsienk
    Went for a one hour walk today. Ended the day with 6,695 steps
  • connierandel
    I couldn't leave the house during the beautiful time of the day. I had to be home to sign for new phone and they gave me a 13 hour time frame. It arrived while I was cooking dinner. It set up easy and now I am signing into everything. It knew all of my applications, but not sign in info. Tomorrow they are calling for snow again.
  • cmsienk
    I have to start early and work 12 hour days for the next four days, so I won't be getting much exercise. I'm going to concentrate on eating well (no candy and nothing after 6 or so) and getting a decent amount of water and sleep.
  • connierandel
    Take it easy, Cindy. Hope you have a productive few days. Whew - makes me glad to be retired.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Ditto, Cindy!

I did my walking yesterday. I only got about 600 steps, had trouble catching my breath, but got over 3,000 steps for the day. We went to a thrift store we have here called Loaves and Fishes. We were looking for some study books. I found THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT by Hannah Whitall Smith, which I had been listening to on my Kindle, but I was liking it so much I wanted a hard copy I could mark up! When we went to check out she told us Christian books were free. We left a donation anyway. Was a very nice surprise!

I've been keeping to my stopping my snacks at 7 in the evening, although I did have one later last night after Wed. night service.
  • connierandel
    edited April 2022
    We were awful yesterday, but back on track today and got my walk. The weather today was glorious!

I usually eat between 11am and 7pm. Today I got a late start on brunch (11:45) and then when I looked at the time, I was late getting my snack (7:20)...but still in my 8 hours, they were both late, though.
  • Restfinder
    edited April 2022
    I did do a walk yesterday and plan on one today. I bought two new pairs of shoes, a walking pair and a sandal/walking shoe for every day wear. I had to find shoes that I could get into even when my feel swell and found a pair of Skechers that have an elastic top! I'm hoping these shoes will give me more support than the ones I had. I was able to do 1000 steps yesterday and my legs and feet felt pretty good when I came in!
  • connierandel
    I am afraid to take a walk today....not really. It is really windy, though. While we were sitting at the dinner table a 4ft square piece of cardboard FLEW through the back yard.
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Yikes! That sounds like a very strong wind. I walked 10,500 steps yesterday and so far today I'm up to 7,000. I walked down to Pike Place Market and took some pictures at the Gum Wall. Visually interesting, but disgusting.
    5fz79jbxlwoh.jpg
    guo6znsdqmjg.jpg
    Ended the day with 11,130 steps. Hopefully that put a dent in all the carbs I had this week. (I found a bakery that makes sourdough bagels and I've had one every day since Wednesday.)
  • cmsienk
    Was home for about 36 hours. I'm at the airport right now - heading out to Southern California. Currently walking the airport end-to-end, getting in as many steps as I can before sitting for 4 hours on the plane. Happy healthy Thursday everyone!
  • Restfinder
    Phew, I don't think I do that many steps in a week! Good going!

We went to IHop this morning for breakfast and they have protein pancakes without wheat in them. They are oat, rye, barley, flax and chia seed. I got the blueberry/lemon ricotta - oh so good. I had half of the four pancakes and two slices of bacon, and 1.5 cups of coffee with cream and sugar. Walked around Wal-mart, which is something I am not going to be able to do much longer because my back and legs just can't take it.

Oh, that reminds me, I called a place in town and asked if they did liposuction and then skin tucks. This place didn't but they gave me the name of a doctor who just might. We'll see. With some of our inheritance from Mom I would like to see if any part of my body could be done. I am having a lot of swelling in my feet and legs and also pain. I don't know if the lyphedema/lipedema is doing it, but I know that it hasn't been checked for awhile and that it can cause problems. If all I can do are my legs, that would be great! Just have to find a place that will do it with someone who has lymphedema because that adds an extra layer of problems.

I was down two pounds this morning. Woohoo!
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Restfinder wrote: »
    Phew, I don't think I do that many steps in a week! Good going!

We went to IHop this morning for breakfast and they have protein pancakes without wheat in them. They are oat, rye, barley, flax and chia seed. I got the blueberry/lemon ricotta - oh so good. I had half of the four pancakes and two slices of bacon, and 1.5 cups of coffee with cream and sugar. Walked around Wal-mart, which is something I am not going to be able to do much longer because my back and legs just can't take it.

Oh, that reminds me, I called a place in town and asked if they did liposuction and then skin tucks. This place didn't but they gave me the name of a doctor who just might. We'll see. With some of our inheritance from Mom I would like to see if any part of my body could be done. I am having a lot of swelling in my feet and legs and also pain. I don't know if the lyphedema/lipedema is doing it, but I know that it hasn't been checked for awhile and that it can cause problems. If all I can do are my legs, that would be great! Just have to find a place that will do it with someone who has lymphedema because that adds an extra layer of problems.

I was down two pounds this morning. Woohoo!

I'm wondering if you had any issues with the pancakes after the fact. In addition to wheat, I can't have rye or barley because of the gluten in them. Good bread, bagels and pizza as well as decent pancakes are a thing of the past for me. The only silver lining is I discovered about 3 years ago that sourdough anything is something I can tolerate - because the fermentation process kills off most of the gluten proteins. Yahoo! There's a place about an hour from me that makes the best sourdough pizza crust, so once a year I splurge and go there. There's a bakery not far from us that makes a 48 hour fermented sourdough bread that's amazing. I don't buy it very often because I could polish off the whole loaf myself! :D And, of course, there are those wonderful sourdough bagels I discovered in Seattle. I hadn't had a good bagel in 10 years.
  • cmsienk
    I am staying at a beautiful resort for work this week. My room has a really nice view. I walked around yesterday and discovered the adult swimming pool. It isn't warm enough for swimming this week - it's in the high 60s - but the view is amazing.
    9d37xsv9efd4.png
    8,225 steps yesterday. 6,800 so far today.
  • cmsienk
    I ended the day at 9,800 steps yesterday and my eating wasn't too bad: yogurt for breakfast, chicken, broccoli and salad for lunch and a turkey and Colby Jack cheese sandwich in my room for dinner.

On my last trip out of town I didn't gain anything. On this one, I'd actually like to see if I can lose a pound or two.
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Quiet in here lately. I ended yesterday just over 6,800 steps, so not bad there. But the client brought in pizza last night and got me my own small gluten free pepperoni (which was very thoughtful). The only bad thing is I was so hungry, I ate almost the whole thing! 😳

Today I got in 4,930 steps. Less walking, more sitting at my computer.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
  • cmsienk
    I got in over 14,500 steps on Sunday, 11,000 on Monday but only 3,300 on Tuesday. I sat in meetings most of the day yesterday and today will probably be similar. I'm just hoping not to gain weight on this trip.
  • connierandel
    I need to get back to my walks. I really feel better when I do, but getting into the habit is the difficult part. I don't like to leave Bill for too long, but a nice walk is a great break for me.
  • cmsienk
    On the 12th, I got in 8,458 steps, but only 4,825 on the 13th. 8,051 yesterday and today I'm only at 4,633. My goal is 6,000/day, so I'm averaging that, but I'd really like to get to 6,000 every day if I can. I weighed myself this morning. Still holding at the same weight as when I went out of town this last time. I guess I should be glad I'm not gaining BUT I'd really like to lose something.