What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,807 Member
    edited February 2022
    Back on track today except for exercise and water....
    Calories 918
    Carbs 84
    Sat Fats 12
    Cholesterol 140
  • connierandel
    Saturday
    Calories 937
    Carbs 94
    Sat Fats 10
    Cholesterol 117
  • connierandel
    Sunday - left over day. Always skus the numbers a little.
    Calories 1051
    Carbs 109 (goal 105 or less)
    Sat fats 16 (goal 13 or less)
    Cholesterol 111
  • connierandel
    I was a bit over in carbs today, but everything else is in line.
  • connierandel
    Wednesday
    Calories 1045
    Carbs 105
    Sat Fat 11
    Cholesterol 303- Whoa, that breakfast for dinner always does that!
  • connierandel
    I really blew the carb counts today. I knew that I was going to when I made chicken and noodles w/mashed potatoes for dinner. Cold and snow call for comfort food!

Calories 1055
    carbs 1338
    Sat fats 7
    cholesterol 162
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I totally agree with you on snow/cold weather calling for comfort food. I'm trying to think if I did anything healthy today. I had only coffee for breakfast (not so healthy), salad for lunch while I was working (healthy food option; not so healthy that I at it in 10 minutes because that's all the time I got), and a large pan fried chicken tender - butterflied - with a slice of bacon and melted Colby Jack cheese, a small baked potato and peas for dinner (semi-healthy I guess). Ugh.
  • connierandel
    Yesterday was NOTHING healthy! It was our cheat day, and I did.

Today, wasn't a good day, but at least I tracked. I had the last of the left over chicken and noodles - soooo good, though. At least I didn't have the mashed potatoes, but did have tortilla chips at dinner.
    Calories - 1279
    Carbs - 129
    Sat Fats - 12
    Cholesterol - 231
  • connierandel
    Well, trying to keep the calories down, but having to eat outside of my normal 8 hour times and eating more carbs. On pre-oral surgery meds that have to be taken at certain intervals and with food. Then soft foods with meds for a few days afterwards. This is just the next phase in the implant process, so nothing unexpected, just messing with the diet.
  • connierandel
    Kept to my calorie goal yesterday, but not in carb or fasting guidelines. Today I am back to my pre-surgery goals. So glad to be off the meds. I may still be a little high in carbs since I am still supposed to be on soft foods, but haven't been too good about that restriction.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    Have you already had the surgery, Connie?
  • connierandel
    I had the surgery on Tuesday. It really didn't amount to much, except for the "soft foods" that they want me to eat. I am being semi-good with it. If I eat crunch (like almonds) they are something small that can easily be eaten on one side. I go back after two weeks, then two weeks after that. They will finish it all up in about 5 months. I was happy that they actually were able to do another minor procedure at the same time and it is saving me a trip and a couple hundred dollars. It will also allow all of the healing to happen at the same time and that way I won't have to wait for healing on another surgery.

I wanted an omelet today for lunch, so it really messed with my saturated fats and cholesterol. I was good in carbs and calories, though. Once in a while, I just have to eat my eggs. I hate buying the egg whites because of the expense and having to use the quart in 7 days after opening. I just don't do that many eggs. I will separate for some things, but really wanted a "yellow" omelet, so used whole eggs.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 265 Member
    I love eggs so much, Connie. While I don't think I eat one every day, I do eat them a lot. Omelets are so good, especially when I add cheese, green peppers and onions. I usually slice a tomato to go with my eggs, no matter how I cook them, which gives me a good veggie. Not sure how much damage grits do, though!

Are you happy with dental implants? My dentist back in Atlanta never mentioned that as an option, so I went with upper dentures. I'll need lower ones soon and it's probably too late to try implants.
  • connierandel
    edited March 2022
    This is just for one tooth. It was basically either a plate for one tooth or an implant. I hated to have to pull a plate in and out for one tooth. We will see how it goes. They are very expensive ($4800), though. It wouldn't have worked for me at all if it was a front tooth (I would have done a bridge), but since it is the only chewing tooth that I have on that side, and basically one chewing tooth on the other side, it was a necessary tooth. It is taking almost a year to get it completed, so I sure wouldn't want it done on tooth that is showing.

Everything in line today in my eating, but sat fats were just a tad high. I should have taken a walk, but I got involved in a book that I couldn't take with me and just chose to read.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    I have three implants in my mouth and love them. They took some time, waiting a few months for the post to become part of the bone, but once they are in, I don't have to think about them. Putting in a partial denture would have cost me more than the implant did. Mom always had trouble with her bridges, getting stuff out from between the bridge and her regular teeth.

I've been walking, got around 3500 steps yesterday. It was too cold to walk this morning, so will do my walk this afternoon - it's 63 now! I'm not losing any weight but then again, I haven't been eating well for a long time. I'm at around 240 right now. That's as high as I hope I get! I'll have 670 calories after breakfast, so to keep myself within the range I want I have 530 more calories for the day.

Well, time to get my lunch together.
  • connierandel
    Everything pretty much in line today except sat fats. It would have been okay if I hadn't opened the wrong part of the parmesan cheese jar and dumped it in my plate. I mixed part into my pasta and the rest into my salad. Luckily it didn't really mess with the calories. I was one carb over, but I didn't adjust my snack to get that in line.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,540 Member
    Not much walking will get done today, which probably won't make my knees sad at all. I got over 4,000 steps yesterday getting two walks in! I've lost two pounds over the past two weeks, so I'm happy with that. I just need to get back to where I was before Mom started getting worse and it took all of our time to care for her - ate a lot of fast food meals during that time!
  • connierandel
    Whew - was really bad today. I was down about 1.75 pounds, but some of that will come back today. Also, it is so nasty out that I'm not getting my walks in. I can't wait for the weather to normalize again.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    I was down 1/2 lb this morning, despite snacking on some burnt potato chips yesterday. I need to cut the junk food out and add back in more exercise
  • connierandel
    We are going to Moms for 3 nights, so won't be able to watch my diet (or Bill's).

Today my calories will be in line, and 8 am sure sat fats and cholesterol will be, the the carbs will be off. It's Sunday leftovers and it always hurts!