What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    I am struggling with tracking at all these days. Walked a lot today.
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,551 Member
    I hope you slip in a little snack and bring those calories up a bit, Connie! My tummy would be growling! LOL!

Here are my proposed numbers:
    cals: 1068
    protein: 74
    carbs: 80
    sat fat: 13
    in range on sodium, over on potassium

weight today 235.4
  • Restfinder
    I'm surprised that my weight was down this morning - praise the Lord. I was at 235. I'd gone up to 236.4 last week, so am happy to be back down again.

Woohoo, sunshine and a wee bit warmer!
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    I had gained a couple of lbs, but I've lost those again. Today I've had 2 slices of gf multigrain toast with peanut butter and coffee (3 cups). Last night was my exercise class and I successfully avoided snacking when I got home (that's my downfall). I'm hoping this downward trend continues
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    I have been terrible for the last few days at Mom's and will probably have a caramel pecan roll (from the Amish store) tomorrow morning for breakfast. I will get back on track either tomorrow or Thursday.
  • cmsienk
    My kitchen is still not fully put back together and the final coat of polyurethane went on the floor yesterday, so we got out of the house and went out to eat lunch. (Only coffee for breakfast.) I didn't choose the healthiest thing but it just sounded good: Smoked Mac and Cheese - smoked pork, brisket, bacon, five cheese cream and gf noodles. I ate half for lunch at 3 and shared the other half with my husband for a snack around 8. Nutrients probably not great for the day, but I'm sure my total calories were under 1,000. And it tasted wonderful.
    06fq1bdhggt7.jpg

• connierandel
    Oh. That looks really good!

Today was back on track. Calories a bit low, but everything else in line.
  • connierandel
    Pretty good except calories a bit low and sat fats a bit high.

Calories 885
    Carbs 84
    Sat fat 16
    Cholesterol 227 (half an egg)
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Chaffles for lunch. Peanut butter chicken with broccoli and jasmine rice for dinner
    I need to pack but I'm trying to finish up a little work. My flight tomorrow leaves at 10.
    bb6lwxsayztg.jpg
    orgu98tr8do0.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Oh my, what yummy pictures!

I think my lunch today will be a taco salad. I have some black bean chips I want to try in it.

Went to the doctor yesterday and it seems I probably do have fibromyalgia as well as lipedema - both causing pain. Some of the pain I described to her didn't sound like either lipedema or arthritis, but it did sound like fibromyalgia - so I need to see what I can do to help with that pain as well. I can't take anti-inflammatories and the other two meds she mentioned aren't good for people with heart problems, so that nixed them. I might try doing one Tramadol in the morning and one at night and see if I will be alright at night with just that one pill. My back and legs get wonky at night and the tramadol calms them down. But my labs were great, just a hair high with my creatinine and my cholesterol was up from the test I had just a month ago. She doesn't want to put me on statins yet, so hopefully exercise, diet and Red Yeast Rice will work some more! She wants me to walk until I start feeling the pain, then do that for a week. Then try to add more steps and do that for a week - trying to eek my pain level higher. So I will try to get out there today (weather allowing) or walk the house and see how many steps I can comfortably do.

It's the weekend, so I probably will have something treat wise, but I will definitely not go overboard!

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Kim - Hemp oil is supposed to be good for inflammation. We were recommended it for memory issues for Bill, but it didnt help the memory. He uses for inflammatory issues now and it does help. His doctor told him to try hemp or cbd.

Today
    Calories 810
    Carbs 94
    Sat fat 14 - forgot about a 1/2 TBS of parmesan and it causes to exceed goal. It was too late to change.
    Cholesterol 155
  • connierandel
    Super Bowl Sunday didn't bode well for my diet. I really can't blame it on the Super Bowl, though. I just wanted a cheat day. BUT - WooHoo for the Chiefs. I don't enjoy football, but you just have to root for the home-town team. It was on while I was reading. Bill watched it, but if it really settled in his memory, I have no idea.
  • Restfinder
    Even if it lasted as long as the game, he had fun! We didn't even try to watch it. We were Washington Redskins fans for a long time, but they buckled to wokism and changed their name - ugh! Just isn't fun anymore.

A bit chilly today so probably won't be walking outside, but the sunshine sure is tempting! I'll try to do some inside walking and a read on my pain. This morning my left knee and my right leg are kind of wonky! Oh, and I do use hemp cream on my back and upper thighs when I go to bed at night. I helps with the muscle tightness I get that makes me want to spasm. I also use a hemp cream from THM for female issues. I put it on my inner right thigh where the pain is and hope that the hemp in it will help with that as well. I used to take the oil under my tongue but didn't notice as much help with that as I do the cream right on the area affected.

Will not have any more cookies (homemade peanut butter) - the weekend is over and so is treat time! LOL!
  • cmsienk
    I ate SO much yesterday and then I was too full and tired to work out in my room. Ugh. Today will be better
  • Restfinder
    I did have a couple of cookies yesterday - Valentine's Day! Wade offered and I accepted - heeheehee!

Doing better today. I did a small walk but breathing was difficult. It is very warm outside too. I sat on the front deck for a while and then sat on the back deck and talked to Wade while he worked on getting the hot tub off of that deck! We inherited it when we bought the house and have no use for it! We've talked about using it as a fountain behind our meeting house, but that would take a whole lot of work!

I'm eating well so far today. Not sure what dinner will be but I've had about 450 calories between breakfast and lunch. No snack this afternoon. Dinner will probably be around 3:30 and then my evening snack around 6:30, so I should be well within my ranges.

• connierandel
    Cindy - I was right there with you. I was over full and miserable.

Today I am at 955 calories. I was probably a bit high on carbs, but didn't check.
  • Restfinder
    My weight is holding steady now at 234. I was sooo hungry and munched too much in the evening. I had my dinner (keilbasa, mushrooms, onions, potatoes) and then had some pea soup. Not sure why I was so hungry! Ugh!

Breakfast and lunch are easy and I don't feel hungry after eating them, but 2-3 rolls around and I want to eat everything in sight! Eeek!
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Kim, I'm that way in the evening. I could go all day without eating... and sometimes don't have brunch until 2 or 3... then 6 o'clock rolls around and I want dinner... and then snacks...

I'm flying home today from Palm Beach today. - we'll see how kind my scale is
  • connierandel
    I got so hungry between brunch and dinner today. I know what you guys mean. I love bedtime snacks, too!

Today
    Calories 853
    Carbs 106
    Sat fat 12
    Cholesterol 56
  • connierandel
    Wound up a little under 1000 calories with carbs under 100, but sat fats were high.