What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    For the first time I'm a long time I took a walk. I have not been leaving Bill, but I know I can walk our block in 16 minutes. I got him set in his chair and everything he needed, and took a quick walk.

Yesterday our Pastor's wife passed out while getting ready for church. I got a panicked message from the pastor asking if I could play for the whole service instead of just closing. That wasn't an issue, but last night I Bill didn't want to get out again, so I had to have Kip keep an eye on him. I haven't heard anything today, I hope she is better.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    There has been no 'healthy' here at all. I'm up 5 lbs. over my high weight. 😭
    I've had a lot of work to do on the computer these last few days so I've barely gotten any steps in. And I skipped my exercise class on Monday just because I thought it would be too hard to get back into it. I know if I just stopped eating sweets (candy, cookies, etc.) and got back to my exercise class, I could lose the weight. I'm hoping by putting it out there like this, that'll be the kick in the pants I need to just do something.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I have been really bad, too, Cindy. I weighed in the other day and hadn't gained, but I have been at Mom's and that will probably be a gain. I haven't exercised hardly at all.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I have been really bad, too, Cindy. I weighed in the other day and hadn't gained, but I have been at Mom's and that will probably be a gain. I haven't exercised hardly at all.
    My misery loves your company. Thanks for chiming in. It helps to know I'm not the only one struggling
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised either because of being sick. I tried to do a little bit the other day with lighter weights and it wasn't bad, so I may try today again since I am about 90% out of this thing I've had. Phew, almost three weeks! I haven't been watching my eating either, but praise the Lord I haven't gained anything as well. I think I will give myself until Monday, and then hit things hard again!
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I have been intermittent fasting (16/8) for the past 3 days and have lost 3 lbs. You would think the hardest thing would be no snacking in the evening, but actually the hardest thing is no coffee before 10am! Going to walk with a friend today, so there's a fair amount of 'healthy' going on. Hurray!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Ended yesterday just over 7,400 steps (about 3 1/2 miles). Walking with a high school friend later today. I'm still 3 lbs down but broke my fast early to have coffee with a friend from church this morning. Today is a social day for me 😁
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, I can hardly walk the next day after I get around 3,000 steps. Awesome, Cindy!

I am working on my upper body, right now with 3 pound weights. When I can easily do 20 reps then I will switch back the the 5 pounds. I am also working on making sure I have just two (at the most) snacks in my day. I can't eat much at one sitting, so I get hungry within a couple hours of having a regular meal.
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I need to get back to some upper body weight work myself. I was going to update my post to reflect today's steps but I'll just post here. My girlfriend and I met at a park and walked one of their paved trails there. We got to reminiscing and catching up and didn't realize how far we'd walked on the trail. Of course we had to turn around and retrace our steps. After 2 hours - roundtrip - we had walked 7 miles! I'm at 16,552 steps for the day and I am beat. (About halfway back to the parking lot, both of us had at least one hip bothering us.) Lol

I had some popcorn in the car (because I was starving) and just ate a Noosa coconut yogurt for lunch. Dinner will be the big meal today... probably around 5. It's back to my 18/6 fast tomorrow.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I've been trying to do a 12/12 fast, stop eating at 7:30, breakfast between 7:30-8. I didn't get up this morning until a quarter to 9 (didn't sleep well the previous two nights), but will still stop eating at 7:30. Some evenings I stop around 6:30. Well, my husband usually gives me a jelly bean when he comes to bed around 10 or 10:30 - does that count??? LOL!

I will do another round of upper body this afternoon. I'm taking it easy because, for some reason, every joint in my body hurts! I have on my knee brace and my back brace and will put on my compression gloves shortly. I also have on my compression leg wraps. My right shoulder especially has been hurting as well. Hmmm, I have no idea why!

Wade had to take up the LVT in our hallway room (the room under the roof he just put on). The other day when it rained quite hard, water was coming out around the fireplace - well, it looked like it was seeping out of the bricks! It got under the LVT. We will probably choose a different kind but the stuff that came up very easily will be used somewhere else. We also have quite a few ceiling tiles down and will probably take off those tiles and just paint that ceiling. Sigh! God knows and He has provided above and beyond, so we will be able to take care of it.

Love y'all.
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Still 3lbs down, although the scale is inching towards that next lb down. I had coffee at 8:30 this morning... got up at 7am and just couldn't wait until 10. But that's all I had until just now - 1pm. I just finished a bowl of oatmeal with 1 T ground flaxseed and 1 t cinnamon along with a scant 1/4 cup raspberry/ strawberry combo. Don't know if I'll be able to stop eating at 4:30. I'm watching my youngest granddaughter today and the rest of the family might want to eat dinner when they get back around 5
  • connierandel
    Options
    I'm getting back to my 16/8 fast. The problem for me has been that asthma has been causing issues and inhaler isn't stopping the cough. I have had a cough drop the last two nights....I feel better today, so hopefully that won't be necessary today.

Cindy - I would never be able to keep my coffee within my 8 hour time! Luckily black coffee is permitted. Whew!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    My problem is, I don't like black coffee. I use an oat milk creamer for mine. I use a chia and flax seed milk in my smoothie.

I was at 234.4 this morning, about a pound down from where I'd stayed for a long time!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Hurray for small victories! I'm celebrating every pound these days. Unfortunately, I also don't like black coffee. I take mine with whipping cream and a scant 1/2 t raw sugar. I had been using erythritol for awhile (maybe a year), but then I read an article about it being linked to increased risk for heart attack and stroke, so I switched back to raw sugar.
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Healthy brunch today - after church. I made a Ricotta scrambled egg wrap, sprinkled parsley on the eggs, added avocado slices and put the whole thing in an almond flour wrap (gluten free)
    zdk3oitjws5e.jpg

We watched our youngest granddaughter for a few hours yesterday and had dinner with my son and his family at 6 when they came to pick her up. So yesterday's 16/8 fast was more like 15/9. I had coffee at 8am before church this morning, and will probably eat dinner at 5 (4 is just too early). So today will be 15/9 again. Better than completely abandoning it.

I did a 7 minute workout earlier. It's comprised of 12 exercises for 30 sec. each, resting 10 sec. between each one. The goal is to do 3 sets of all 12. There were only a couple I had to modify. (Jumping jacks - too high impact for one of my knees, regular pushups and a pushup to a side plank. Seriously (?!) on that last one. I did one set today.

Going for a walk in a little while. (I took it easy yesterday after the 7 mile walk on Friday.) I'm holding steady at 3 lbs. lost this week.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, Cindy! Keep up the good work!

I did eat a treat Saturday and Sunday so nothing more for this week (well, maybe a few jelly beans). Will get back to doing my upper body workout and will try to get some walking in. I've been sneezing a lot yesterday and today, so not sure I want to do that walking outside!
  • connierandel
    Options
    You guys are doing great. I have been afraid to get on the scales. The only thing going well is the 16/8. I have been pretty solid on that...even quit the cough drop at bedtime and used another inhale of albuterol if really needed. I had forgotten that Thieves oil diffused helped me through the last time I had an asthma issue, so I got the diffuser out and have been using it again today. I love the way the house smells, too....better than old man! I need to get a new diffuser so I don't have to move this one around. I like it in the bedroom/master bath area (for obvious reasons), but for asthma, I need it in the living area.
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Glad your asthma isn't bothering you quite so much, Connie. I just made blueberry chaffles for brunch. I don't know why I never thought of that before... so good. 😋 Planning on going to my exercise class tonight
  • connierandel
    Options
    I quit doing the chaffles when I had to cut back on cholesterol. I have been using egg substitute (basically egg whites tinted yellow) and could use them on chaffles. Is it one egg and 1oz shredded cheese? Or 2 oz cheese?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    The basic recipe is 1 egg, 1/2 cup cheese, 1 t almond or coconut flour. Today I added 1 t ground flaxseed, 1 t cinnamon and several small blueberries to reach chaffle right after I put the batter on the waffle plate

Edited to add a photo. Here's how they turned out:
    8vpdidg1nz8o.jpg