What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You are making my mouth water! I need to get my chaffle maker out and try that! What kind of cheese did you use?

I was up a pound again, yo-yoing between 234 and 235. I really need to set my eating schedule and keep to that and not grab that extra snack when I feel like it. If I can get myself on a schedule then it will become a habit! Today we will work on that!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,382 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Kim, I used shredded mozzarella because I've found it best when I want my chaffles to taste the most like actual waffles. I think cheddar and other cheeses are great for savory chaffles, but mozzarella works best for me otherwise. The 1 t of ground flaxseed added some fiber without changing anything else. And the 1 t of Ceylon cinnamon helped add a little sweetness (and it's good for a bunch of different health reasons - but Ceylon is best... Saigon (the cheaper, of course, more prevalent cinnamon) has too much coumarin in it, so you don't want to eat a lot of that.

I got my strawberry bed ready. Cleaned out the dead leaves, put new mulch on and watered the bed. We haven't turned the sprinklers on yet - it's usually their job to water the berries... lol. Gotta do that soon.

I'm still at 3 lbs. lost... not gaining / not losing. I'm headed to my daughter's to watch my grandson this afternoon.

Have a great day ladies!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Thursday: went for a 40 minute walk pulling a small toddler in a wagon.
    Friday: made a healthy chicken ginger garlic broccoli stir fry for dinner

Saturday: remains to be seen - it's early yet ☺
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Did some flower shopping this morning and then planted them. I've been wanting this orange hummingbird plant and saw one the other day so made sure to pick it up this morning. I also planted these white flowers, very tiny and airy. They grow about 1-2 ft tall and are a beautiful background for other flowers. I planted some deep purple petunias with it. Wade likes the spikey kind, so we got some of what looks like cockscomb. I'm not sure what the small purple and white ones I got are called, but I put one of those with a couple of the cockscomblike flowers. The garden is covered in white rock and I have some old wood laid out with shells on it. The plants are in large and small barrel planters. I'll try to remember to take a picture when it's a little bit grown in!

Wade smoked a Boston Butt - dinner tonight and tomorrow - just took it off - oh no, I have to wait to eat it! LOL

• cmsienk
    Options
    3 1/2 mile walk with a friend this afternoon; exercise class tonight
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, Cindy! I'm getting ready to help set up our potato grow bags.
  • cmsienk
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Bad snacking at the job site this afternoon because they had candy everywhere and I have no willpower. 😕
    2 funsize pkgs of m&m's and 4 or 5 Starburst chews. It wasn't a lot, but it's more sugar than I've had in a couple of weeks. Oh well... I was 4lbs down this morning. I wonder if that undid my progress.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I don't think that little bit of sugar will undo you, especially since you probably walked off all of those calories fairly quickly! You are doing so well!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    You are too kind. Thanks for your encouragement. 🤗
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Great going ladies. I have sabotaged myself in every way possible over the weekend, but trying to get back to somewhat healthy eating now that I am home.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I haven't been helping myself at all. I think I may get some good steps tomorrow, but if I am having any trouble with my knee or thigh we are bringing along the wheel chair that we had for Mom. I'm hoping we won't need it, but I'd rather have it and not need it than not have it... We are going to an airshow in Goldsboro tomorrow, I believe it's the Blue Angels that will be there. Wade really enjoys Aeronautics and often watches some of the plane channels on YouTube. Please pray I will do alright! Thanks!
  • connierandel
    Options
    Hope all goes well! Hopefully without the wheelchair.

I was raised across the field from a regional airport that had the largest Cessna Dealership in the US at one time. It was about 20 miles north of St. Louis in Illinois. They had some amazing airshows there. My dads cousins lived in the area, too, and would all come over and picnic in our front yard. Those are really fun memories. We had almost front row seats without crowds or leaving home....and usually homemade ice cream.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    4,000 steps and a 15 minute workout in my room yesterday. There's a digital scale in my bathroom! Even though I snacked a little yesterday and had 2 coconut macaroons for dessert, I'm down .2 lbs.
    Lol. I can't count that closely on my regular old scale at home
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Wow, what a weekend. We parked about 3,000 steps away from the venue (Goldsboro, Seymour-Johnson Airbase) and I did alright getting in but didn't realize that I had started some blisters on my feet! Going back was super hard and I wish I could have used a wheelchair but it was mostly grass we were having to walk through. I was also having trouble with my heart racing, so I had to stop and sit down about five times on the way back to the car. My feet were wrapped in gauze yesterday but are doing fine today. I walked around 6300 steps on Saturday - eek, that is about three times more than I get in a normal day! Piece of cake for you, Cindy! LOL! It was a really good show. The Blue Angels were the last to go on, but they had a re-enactment of Pearl Harbor with 8 different kinds of Japanese planes and explosions in the grassy area in front of us. It was chaotic and wow, what an itty bitty taste of what went on Dec. 7th, 1941! Later they had some of our modern planes do the same thing, warfare how it looks today. It was scary because sometimes you didn't even see or hear them coming and suddenly there was this loud explosion. They had flares that they sent out of the plane just before there was an explosion. So fascinating. It was super hot and I spent a good deal of time under my umbrella, trying to keep my arms out of the sun. I had sunscreen on, but I could just feel the sun baking me. It was cloudy at the start then blue skies through most of it, then the clouds started rolling back in so we got some reprieve from the sun near the end. It was just a really nice day!

Today is a new start for me. No treats this week. No wheat and very little dairy. Stop eating at 7 PM. Those are my goals
  • cmsienk
    Options
    My goal is to keep the desserts to a minimum while I'm here and do that 15 minute workout in my room every night.

I brought some Hershey Kisses with almonds with me because I HAVE to have a little sweet... I'm limiting myself to no more than 3 a day.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I'm up to about 4,400 steps today (everything is pretty widely spaced out in this hotel)... will do my workout in my room again tonight. Tomato soup and 2 sour dough rolls for lunch. No dessert 🥳
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, Cindy. So far I have kept my 7 PM cut off time. I have had some jelly beans, but limit myself to one serving. I'm going to try and get some steps in today!
  • connierandel
    Options
    You guys are being so good, and I am eating everything in sight. Aarg.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    5,579 steps so far today. Just finished a 15 minute workout. I'm trying
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Woohoo, Cindy. Don't worry, Connie, I had been eating everything in sight, but have calmed it down the last three days!

This morning I just had my protein drink for breakfast. I think lunch will be a pork chop (leftover from last night) and some veggie chips (small bag).

No walking today or any exercise (well, whatever walking I do when we go into town). I'm having quite a bit of pain in my lower left abdomen. When I Googled it it mentioned IBS, diverticulitis, or uterine fibroids (which I have a doozy on the top of my uterus). I've never had diverticulitis, but I do have both forms of IBS, so I'm hoping it's just a mega attack of that. If it doesn't resolve today I'll go see the doctor tomorrow.