What Have You Done Today That Is Healthy

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly those sat fats can add up! Watching them isn't easy.

Lots of pain and fatigue the last couple of days, I just don't feel like doing anything so I haven't done much exercise. I did walk around the yard a bit yesterday, but not nearly enough steps in that. It's gotten chilly, so when it warms up a bit I'll do more outside walking, whatever my breathing will allow. I'm trying to keep what I eat healthy, but I did have a small amount of peach icecream last night! Tillamook, sooo good! I do so well until my tummy starts to growl between 2-3. I try to hold out until dinner, but more times than not I'm eating dinner at 3:30! LOL! Of course, breakfast is at 7, lunch at 11, and that makes dinner around 3 (if I eat every four hours). Problem is, I usually have a small snack around 2 to try and move that dinner hour back, but alas, it doesn't always work!

Well, we got the hot tub moved to the position on the porch where Wade can safely get it off without breaking anything important - like the kitchen window! We used rounded logs to roll it into place! Such a smart honey!

Y'all have an awesome day. Stay close to Jesus, trust Him in everything. Love y'all.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs for brunch today. I'm on my way to Nashville. I have some lemon dipped almonds for a small snack and I'm planning on a healthy dinner and hoping to do a little exercise in my room tonight.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Hope your trip to Nashville goes well.

I had homemade turkey sausage, scrambled egg beaters (with about half of real egg) and toast for lunch. Sounds like we were thinking the same way.

Numbers were pretty good for the day.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Rather than a treat day, I had a treat two days! I really need to not eat anything sweet this week!

Thank you for your prayers for Joanna. She has a consult this week, so if you would continue to pray for her. Angelia is doing really well, praise the Lord!

So far today I've had my protein drink. I will do my smoothie for lunch and then a salad for dinner. I bought some 0 carb snack crackers and will probably have a serving of those for a snack - but they are too expensive so this will be my one shot at them. Here's the link to them: https://smile.amazon.com/Keto-crackers-delicious-friendly-Naturals/dp/B09CL8QT5D There were three bags with about 2.5 servings in each bag. Love the 0 carbs and they are really tasteful, but not at that price! With all of the gadgets I now have I should be able to make my own snacks! LOL!

• connierandel
    Options
    It seems like when I am lower in carbs, I am higher in sat fats. Today kind of threw me off. I could take the string cheese out of my nightly snack and be okay, but I need it for the calories.

Calories 895
    Carbs 83
    Sat fat 15
  • connierandel
    Options
    I went a bit over today. My BIL brought Denny's breakfasts for dinner. Mine was 803 calories and I ate every bite! Mmmm, so good to not have to cook. All together I ate 1206 for the day, but I don't have the nutrients. I just manually added in calories from the website.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    That is still a good number, Connie!

I did a small arm workout and will try and work my way up to being able to do more.

Wade is working on the roof of the back porch - lots of water damage over the years. He is taking down the ceiling tiles in our "hallway/den" which is under part of that roof too. There is a little water damage, but none of the wood is damaged, just stained. Phew! We'll put up a different ceiling rather than the acoustic tiles that have been there. I'm just happy that things will be a bit nicer and over time, safer.
  • connierandel
    Options
    I was sooooo bad yesterday! Today, I am back on track.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Sunday - 1191 calories. A bit high and carbs were highish, but within reason. I couldn't figure out what to fix for dinner tonight, and decided that we hadn't had potato soup in ages, and since Kip wasn't eating with us, we could do the potassium. Mmmm, soup with a good yeast roll and cheddar cheese. Totally worth the extra calories.
  • Restfinder
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I got an E-mail today from Trim Healthy Life (I think they are changing the name). They have a free PDF that explains the THL "diet" plan in a nuts and bolts manner. They call it Metabolic Flexibility. Any way, here's the link to the free PDF:https://trimhealthymama.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=cd8c5e8ceb3d298b702027eeb&id=d7707667b7
  • connierandel
    Options
    Today at 1024 calories. I need to start being more careful.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I've been working out on my upper body with 5 lb weights. I am having trouble with pain in my legs, my left knee and now my left ankle, so I am not doing leg exercises other than some minor movements. I need to get my snacking under control though. I need to strengthen my "NO!" I did resist eating something last night after 7!
  • connierandel
    Options
    I am running just a bit higher in my calorie consumption. Since it is still in my recommendations, I haven't worried too much about it. We just have been eating more pasta, since it fits in the guys dietary constraints. Usually in the winter I do a lot of soups and stews, but I haven't figured out anything that everyone likes and can eat (Bill won't eat chicken noodles soup).
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I'm with Bill! I like creamy or thick hearty soups. Surprisingly, I looked up the nutritional value in spinach as well as chick pea pasta and it looks like regular pasta is better, although chickpea has less carbs, more fiber, and more protein. I thought for sure spinach and chickpea would be better! I don't eat much pasta at all, just don't really like it. THM has a spinach lasagna, they call it Lazy Lasagna. You replace the pasta with spinach for a less carby meal. Here's the recipe:
    Trim Healthy Mama Lazy Lasagna
    Ingredients
    1 lb Ground Beef
    1 Med Onion, diced
    1 t Salt
    1/2 t Pepper
    1 T Minced Garlic
    1/2 T Italian Seasoning
    3/4 C Marinara Sauce
    10 oz Box Frozen Spinach, thawed and squeezed
    8 oz Box Cream Cheese, softened
    1 Med Egg
    1 C` Shredded Mozzarella, divided
    1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
    Brown ground beef with onion and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. (Sometimes they suggest washing the ground beef in hot water, after you cook it, to remove as much fat as possible. Since this is a satisfying meal, it's alright to have the fat.)

Add marinara and stir to combine.

In a medium to large bowl, add softened cream cheese and egg. Mix to combine. This might take a couple minutes.

Mix into the cream cheese mixture, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 the mozzarella.

Add the thawed spinach to the bowl.

Stir to combine.

Add the ground beef mixture to the cheese mixture. Stir to combine.

Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Scoop the ground beef, cheesy mixture to the prepared dish. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

I've never had it, but I have friends who love it. It's one of THM's most popular recipes.

I got it off the web, not a THM site, so it shouldn't be copyrighted!

I did do my upper body exercises today. I woke up with a bad headache so am trying to take it easy. The meds just make me tired and the headache wipes me out as well. My tummy isn't doing very good today either. Ugh! I'm so glad I had the energy to do my arm workout though. I am using 5lb weights, which I was surprised I was able to use since I hadn't done anything for quite awhile.

Love y'all.

• connierandel
    Options
    Looks good, but won't work for us. Neither will eat basically anything with cooked spinach, Bill can't have beef (but could use ground turkey), Kip can't have tomatoes, and all of the cheese would have entirely too much sodium. I would have to make my own Marinara sauce, too, due to sodium - but that is easy. Soooo many restrictions!!
  • cmsienk
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I have walked a lot both yesterday and today. Because I'm on east coast time, I've been getting up early and walking with my sister (who's out here on this job with me). Yesterday I ended the day with 15,624 steps (my phone says that's 7.47 miles). A lot of those steps were before 7am. Today I'm at 13,260 (6.31 miles). That's my healthy thing for the past two days
  • connierandel
    Options
    Well, I actually tracked my food today. I have been so negligent in tracking, but only having one cheat day a week, so not awful. Today was 911 calories and the carbs shouldn't have been terrible.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Did some shopping today so I have 3990 steps and I'm very surprised that I can still move. The last time I had that many steps I was in so much pain - but today it's okay! Praise the Lord! I got my new recliner so I may be enjoying that this afternoon and add some more steps when I walk over to The Net House for our Bible Study time (next door - :) ).

I have been working out my upper body with five-pound weights. One of the exercises I could only do six of when I started and yesterday was able to do 12. That's about two weeks! So happy about that.
  • cmsienk
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I really need to start doing some upper body stuff. I used to and then for whatever reason (mostly busy-ness I think) I just stopped. I haven't walked as much since Saturday, but I have hit my 6,000 steps/day goal every day except yesterday. I think I was just over 4,700.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Awesome, Cindy! I read something recently that said that the 10,000 steps a day was too much. I like reports like that. It was just a glance so I can't tell you much more, but that's all I needed to see! LOL!

2382 steps so far today. Probably won't get much higher than 3500 if even that much. My thigh and knee are hurting so what I have to do is what I will get done. I need to do my upper body today though!