Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have not been on track the last few days. Life gets busy and I get distracted and make poor choices. I hope that I can stay focused today. I have to work at the office and for some reason I forget to drink water when I am there. I have a water bottle right at my desk. Maybe today I will remember to drink more!
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    DW, I hope your weather soon lends itself to enjoying the outdoors and walking. I was on a Zoom last evening with some folks in Ohio (a book study with the church I "attend" virtually). There was bad weather all around them last evening....thunder storms and various watches from what I gathered. Here today it is still way too chilly for this time of year in our area, and it is dark and gloomy too.

Shari, I understand getting distracted and making poor choices! It happens to me and really, my life isn't even that busy. It is such a struggle at times.

I did ok but not great yesterday. I am thawing a beautiful piece of salmon for supper to which I will add a substantial salad and broccoli. I am trying to avoid a lot of starchy carbs again. My motivation is high today but is being challenged by the boxes of cookies sent once again to John by his Godmother. Like I need another temptation!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone enjoys this special day. We are having a veggie and beef stir fry for supper today. It is loaded with beautiful colorful veggies! I made it yesterday with plenty remaining for today. I opted for this instead of getting a delivery from our favorite Italian restaurant because I wanted to stay as close to a healthy eating plan as possible. The take outs tempt me too much! I have had 2 strongly compliant days in a row and am hoping to extend this streak today!
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day !! I hope you are all doing well! I went to an art opening with my husband today and couldn't stay out of the goodies but didn't do too badly considering....other than that, I've been doing pretty well! Our weather today was finally beautiful and we have a nice week coming up! I've had a sick dog all week. He came down with something starting Tuesday and he wasn't even the one at the show -just the hotel. He ran a fever initially, got antibiotics which took care of that, then he got a runny nose and that won't stop...occasional coughing but mostly the nose. So far the younger girl doesn't have it-knock on wood! If this is something that needs to run it's course, it needs to run a little faster!
    Paula, it sounds like you are doing well and your meals sound delicious!! Shari, I hope you are doing well! It is so hard to drink enough water while working-especially since "what goes in must come out" and that's not always convenient!
    Here's hoping for a great week for us all!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am back to work after three days off. I decided to take a mental health day on Friday- which didn't pan out like I wanted as my MIL popped over to drop off flowers. I know that sounds like a nice thing, but our last interaction was quite hurtful to me so I didn't want anything from her. DH let me know she was coming and I was triggered into a bit of a panic attack. I actually hid out in my greenhouse so I didn't have to see her. I will need to see my counsellor again. I don't want another summer like last year.

I have three meals out this week which will be wonderful for the visit with the people we are meeting, but not so good for my diet plan. I am going to try and only eat that one meal on the restaurant days and just fill in with water and small healthy snacks. Not sure how we managed to book that many get togethers in such a short time span.

We are still experiencing not very nice weather. I hope we see a turn for the better soon.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Hope your dog is feeling better. I never heard of a dog with a runny nose! Could it be allergies? Pollen here is very high, and my allergies and John's are really bad these days. Please let us know how your sick guy is doing!

Shari, I congratulate you for taking a mental health day. Drat that your MIL had to put a damper on it. At least Jim ran interference for you. How are your meals out going for you this week? Sounds like a busy week for you.

I have had a few good days again with healthy eating. My energy level is so much better than when I was in that bad flare. So I am cooking more healthy meals and feeling very satisfied. I have decided to have Craig install a new floor in the kitchen. It is something that is way over due. I have been delaying this in the hope that eventually I would be able to have a total kitchen remodel. I realize that financially that is not realistic, so I will get a new floor and celebrate that. I am looking at samples of laminate flooring and having a tough time finding something that doesn't clash with all of the oak in the kitchen. The very old cupboards are oak and the walls are solid oak (not just fake oak paneling). It is a very oaky and large kitchen (about 15' x 17'). Here is a photo of a wall. qz1yn2nyy4xg.jpg

Most of the laminates I have seen so far just don't work. I want something much lighter than the walls. My appliances are black which look good with the oak walls, but selecting complimentary flooring is proving quite challenging for me. I am expecting some suggestions today from a flooring consultant at a big flooring store. Fingers crossed!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Hey Paula- we love natural wood and you have some very nice looking oak! I hope the consultant will have a few choices for you to pick from.

I am not doing well with any kind of eating plan or control. Yesterday was the last day of eating out for a bit, so I am hopeful I can curb what has been going on for far too many days. I have lowered my weight loss goals and expectations but I won't give up. My effort has helped me not gain weight, but I am definitely not losing any.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Thanks Shari. I, too, am a fan of this natural wood. I selected vinyl flooring that looks like a good match and was one of two recommendations from the consultant. The flooring is on sale so that is a bonus, but not the reason I chose it. It is, by far, the best option I have seen after looking at hundreds of possibilities. Craig is hoping to start working on the flooring on Monday if all goes as planned, but with Craig, one never can be sure! The new floor is so desperately needed, it can't happen soon enough in my opinion!

I have had some good days and some not-so-good days recently in terms of food choices. I haven't weighed in quite a while and am now on scale avoidance....not good. I don't feel like I have gained but until I face the scale I cannot be sure. I am focused again on healthy choices but need to be stricter with myself in terms of consistency.

Hope this is a good weekend for all of us!
  • shariletts
    Options
    We started putting in some vinyl flooring in our sunroom. It is by far the most difficult to install out of all the flooring we have put in the house. We got half way through and it is looking quite good. I hope your flooring gets done very soon Paula.

I am not sure I will ever lose weight. I can't seem to get all of the components working at the same time. Right now I have stress and I think that is a huge hinderance. That right after a whole week of poor eating choices and eating out. And I have failed to keep up with my exercises. I am not sure what it will take to get all of the moving parts working together to see results.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hi Everybody!! I’m still here! Paula, I also love your oak! I hope you will share a photo of your flooring! Shari, I’m feeling the same way about my weight loss ( or lack of) journey. I had a 6 month Dr checkup and was up 2 lbs from 6 months ago. Over the weekend I worked at a dog event and was on my feet in the sun for 2 days. I racked up so many steps on my Fitbit but the scale didn’t budge. When I got home Sunday evening, I could hardly walk from the car to the house but am feeling better today! Here’s to a great week for all of us!! Ps. My dog is on his 2nd antibiotic. His nose is still a little runny but improved.
  • shariletts
    Options
    3ddv8pos3g60.jpeg
  • shariletts
    Options
    Here is what we have accomplished so far. Might get it done tonight. We shall see.

My FIL has started the ritual of coming out everyday again. I don’t well with that since I have been hurt by DH’s parents. I booked counselling for this week. I know the stress does not help with weight loss
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Wow Shari, Your floor looks beautiful! I am betting your floor is further along than mine!!! Craig lost a lot of work time this week because his mom ended up in the emergency room twice this week. He wasn't here at all yesterday and worked less than full days on all but of of the other days. I feel for you with the in-law situation. Hoping the counseling leads to some stress relief for you!

DW, How frustrating to have accumulated all those steps and not even see a a slight drop at the scale! Hope your dog is responding well to the 2nd antibiotic.

I am right there with both of you in terms of weight loss! This week has bordered on disastrous for me, partly because of the week long (and still counting) disruption of my kitchen. We ended up with a few drive through meals and one delivery meal. Last night I actually cooked a relatively healthy supper, but today is already off to a terrible start. Next week has got to be better!

I will happily post a photo of the finished floor!!

Happy Weekend friends!

• DW2022
    Options
    Hello!! Shari, I really like your flooring! I hope your counseling appointment was helpful! Paula, I look forward to your flooring photo and hope Craig’s mother is doing better!
    Yesterday I finally had the correct amounts of time and energy to wash the floors in several rooms. I wasted more time thinking about the task than it actually took to do it! We are leaving Thursday for a four day dog show weekend in Illinois and I wanted to return to a relatively clean house. I’ve been walking my dog more trying to get her in a little better shape for the show. She’s doing better than expected with the walks! Other than that, my eating has been the same and my weight is, too. Have a blessed Sunday!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    We were able to complete the flooring yesterday and set up the second hand wicker furniture we found. I will upload another photo.

The counselling was very helpful. It always is. I came home with some things to try and put into practice so we will see how that goes. I need to get my triggers under control so I am not releasing so much cortisol into my body. I think that could be part of the reason I am not able to lose weight. That along with menopause and poor food choices. But even when I was eating well, I wasn't losing weight. Stress is not a friend to our minds or bodies.

Today we are driving a couple of hours to spend the day with some friends that are camping. Just a day trip. It should be a nice change to our routine.
  • shariletts
    Options
    ksdgx1f50z3q.jpg
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Wishing you safe travels and lots of fun at your dog show. Enjoy!

Shari, your floor and your room is absolutely beautiful! Are you able to use that room year round or only in the warmer weather? I think if I had a room like that I would never want to leave it. So glad your counseling in helping. I hope you enjoyed your visit with your camping friends.

I will include photos of my finished kitchen floor. It looks different in different lights. It has been a busy week here for me. Getting the floor finished (finally!) motivated me to do some cleaning out of things I no longer needed or wanted. It is such a good feeling to get rid of such things and to have a little more room (which I hope will not get filled up with new clutter ;) ). John and I have been doing an online book study on Tuesday evenings with the church we love in Ohio. This week we have added an online Bible study on Monday evenings with an Orthodox church in Florida where my cousin is attached as a retired priest. He leads the Bible study. It is so nice to see him on the Zoom study. John just adores him. He is about 7 years older than me but we were always very close. I am so happy to be able to do these online studies since I am not really able to get out to do them in person at any of our local churches.

I am doing much better with my food choices. I am a bit more hungry than usual today, but most days I haven't had too many struggles.

qa7xdaaymo07.jpg

7y8x0ehznldi.jpg

• shariletts
    Options
    Paula, so good to see your new flooring. It does look different in different lighting as does ours. You have a large kitchen with lots of natural light coming in those big windows. Love it.

I had progress with my weight loss, but now I am back up again. I just can't seem to keep my diet consistent. I am about 6 weeks away from my 55th birthday and I would like to lose 7 pounds by then. I have been at this for a year and a half with no success. I think my goal is unattainable, but I am still going to give it one last try. I am not going to starve myself, but I am going to see if I can out all of the junk foods. I will see if that can be the difference needed to see results.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Thanks Shari. I am pleased with the new floor. My kitchen is very large. The photos I posted show just one quarter of the entire kitchen. I, too, really like the windows. There is another large window near our kitchen table & chairs, which also gives wonderful light. I like having such a large kitchen. I just wish I could remodel the entire kitchen...but that is way out of my budget so I am happy to celebrate the new floor.

I am doing pretty well with making healthy food choices. I feel like I am losing but haven't yet stepped on the scale. I am focused these days and not feeling too tired, though I do take a nap if I feel some fatigue setting in. The naps help and seem to keep me from making the unhealthy food choices I tend to make when I am over tired.

I am planning on relaxing weekend with a reduced "to do" list. I want to enjoy some down time with John now that the kitchen is back to almost normal.

• shariletts
    Options
    I am ready for a new week after having a fairly good weekend. I have gained some weight this week which isn't what I was hoping for at all. I think I need a new approach to my weight loss. I believe I have had too much stress over the last couple of years and have some repair work to do with my thyroid and adrenals. I am listening to some podcasts on how to get the right nutrients back into my diet so I can get things working properly. I am paying attention to my body better and I can really feel the anxiety at times.

In more fun news, I tried to make head cheese. It didn't work out though. It didn't set well enough. I am guessing I didn't cook it long enough. I added some packaged gelatin to it this morning and I hope that will set it up. If not, I kept one of the pork hocks and I can try to boil it longer and then add that liquid to the main batch. It does taste good, so I got that part right. I did it on the stove, next time I should my slow cooker.