Larger Loser Recipes!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    What a cutie! And that curly red hair! Definitely bake up some muffins with him.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    Mine too - his mom sent me this last night and I just melted! (didn't realize how big it would be here though!)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    Pffffft ... two legged.... fours come with spares! I suppose he'll do for a two legged hellion! When your shoulder is better... you could throw him a ball! (Or bake muffins with carrots!!!!😘)😎
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Healthy Alfredo Sauce
    Servings: 4 people
    Calories: 130kcal per serving

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 cup broth vegetable or chicken
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt room temperature
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan

Instructions:
    *Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
    *Sprinkle with cornstarch and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
    *While whisking, slowly add in broth and milk. Continue whisking to combine until smooth.
    *Raise heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a simmer for about 2 minutes, until it starts to thicken, whisking constantly.
    *Remove from heat and little by little, whisk in greek yogurt.
    *Once combined, place back on the heat (medium) and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
    *Bring to a simmer for an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly.

Serve over pasta immediately or let cool completely (so it can thicken) and serve as a pizza sauce and enjoy!
    If not using immediately, store in airtight container in fridge.This makes enough sauce for about 1/2 - 1 pound of pasta depending on how saucy you like your pasta!

Nutrition
    Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 107mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 0.1
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's a LOT of whisking!!!!! Exercise calories????
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you’re a purist, making your own recipe allows you to control seasoning and ingredients. But in a hurry or last minute cooking, store bought jars are the way to go. Try it on baked potato, cooked spinach/greens, too dry chicken - just few spoonfuls.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    "new" whisk should be in the ingredients! :) This looks pretty good though - and I have a few underutilized whisks. (and I will get back here with the potato salad recipe that so tickled me last weekend)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    please do! sounded exciting!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Skinny iced latte-turtle variation

I make this in pint jars, which allows me to measure pretty easily as they have markings on the sides.

1/4 c. sucralose
    1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
    4 pumps caramel pecan syrup from Jordan's Skinny Syrups
    14 oz coffee, either regular or decaf as suits you.
    2 oz half-and-half.

This is about 125 calories, half of which is the chocolate syrup. On the other hand, the cream in the half and half is very satisfying and can serve as a snack on a hot day when you don't feel like eating anything much. I have not tried this with non-dairy milks, but if you do, let me know how it came out; you could save another chunk of calories that way.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I think our problem up north is going to be the syrups
  • lauriekallis
    Options
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Saw this recipe on a PBS middle eastern cooking show. It’s on my list of things to try once it’s oven season (below 90 degrees) again.
    It’s a cauliflower and/or broccoli roast with tahini, lemon and hot sauce. Not too much work either.

https://janinesrecipes.com/roasted-cauliflower-with-tahini-lemon/
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Orange-ginger muffins

2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon orange peel
    1 teaspoon cinnamon or Penzey's Baking Spice blend
    2 eggs plus one yolk
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup yogurt or sour cream
    2/3 cup water
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. orange extract
    2 T fresh ground ginger

Mix dry, mix wet, add to dry, and mix just until moistened. I use a 2 ounce disher to put the batter into greased muffin cups, and generally get a little over a dozen muffins. (14-16, not quite another half dozen.) Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees, remove from oven and cool in pan five minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on racks. They freeze well.

If you bake this in a loaf pan for 55 minutes you get a sliceable sweet bread. If you have a Texas muffin pan, you'll get seven muffins and increase the bake to 35 minutes.

This is my basic muffin mix. I have been known to use lemon instead of orange and add 2 T poppyseeds with the dry mix; make a basic mix without spices and throw in 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, or add a half a cup of cocoa for chocolate. It makes a nice blueberry muffin if you use cinnamon in the batter and add blueberries at the end.

Works out to about 125 calories each.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Thanks Alexandra!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That looks delicious, Yooly. I've been roasting cauliflower the past few weeks - thick slices sprinkled with salt and pepper, some slivers of garlic and a bit of olive oil - under the broiler - and wow.