Chat about anything here

Replies

• PotterNana
    PotterNana Posts: 744 Member
    Been tired the last couple of days, but hubby didn't sleep well the other night. The domino effect.....

I received a call from my Dr yesterday. My good and bad cholesterol is too high. I've been watching my eating habits since June. I'd hate to see where the numbers were before then! I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see if they go down at the next recheck. According to my research, I'm already limiting the foods you need to watch. I've gained quite a bit the last year, so I'm on the right track......

Today is grocery shopping. I also made an appointment for my cat at a different vet. I've been going to a vet 35 minutes away. With my new work schedule, I can take them closer. It's actually a vet closer to home that I used to take them to. They just don't have later hours. It also would be nice to get a second opinion.

Sally - That photo album is beautiful!!

Have a good day!
  • PotterNana
    Pretty quiet in here yesterday........

Made the vet appointment yesterday, so our appointment is next week. We actually used to go to this office years ago, but when the vet we were seeing left due to a divorce, we quit going also. Man, we loved her.... But, it's time to give the new vets a shot :)

Today, I'm driving down to Middleton to pick up my girls for the weekend. Mom will take the extra time to finish sewing up some masks ( Dane county has a county wide mask mandate in effect), and shampoo some carpets. Some things are just easier when the kids are not there bothering Mom every five minutes...

We did our grocery shopping last night, making sure we had food for the girls. My daughter is pretty particular on what they eat, especially Mirajane with her food allergies or sensitivities.

After I get back, I'll message my hairdresser. She's a one girl shop. She'll be cutting Anastasia's hair tonight. My daughter doesn't feel comfortable taking her to Super Cuts right now, and Anastasia has expressed wanting to get it cut. So, we will take it where it is much safer.

Have a good day. Supposed to be another warm one!
  • svoelske
    svoelske Posts: 26 Member
    Good morning to my friends .... :)

1gkufaq3r6ox.jpg

I worked on Leroy yesterday afternoon .. with some help from one of my FB pages .. it's a page for color pencil/pastel artistry .. beginners and experienced .. and it's the best site being helpful when needed ..

Michelle .. we will be passing each other ... I'll wave, because we will be heading to Madison to pick up our TGI Friday's ribs .. (the closest one to our house anymore)

As of this morning I'm down 2.4 pounds in 2 weeks .. it may not sound like much, but for me it's a wonderful start that I'm continuing to go down ..

I had a problem yesterday with MFP scolding me because I didn't eat enough .. *sigh* .. but I was full .. but I added an icee that I had had and forgot to enter, and it brought me into range, but JUST within range .. ?? What do you do when you just don't have an appetite, and it's too late in the day to eat anything to "boost the caloric count" .. ??

So -- gotta go order the ribs, and get myself together .. :) I wish everyone a wonderful day . I'm going to .. >:) teeeheeehee
  • 1crazydog
    1crazydog Posts: 590 Member
    Friday: And no appointments! That’s a good thing. I have plenty to keep me busy in the house.

It is hot and humid again today, and rain expected this weekend. Not continuous, but that’s a GOOD thing.

HUGS

Sally: The album looks gorgeous! She’ll love it. OF COURSE! You know, it’s not morbid, but I think forward thinking about using that for ‘when the time comes’. Reality. **SIGH** Sometimes it bites!

Hope that the furnace appt. went well and hope the quilting ladies were there!

OH NOOOOOOooo, so sorry that your foot did a major blowout. **SIGH** Good plan to use Rose. Definitely.

Here's to a good Friday and weekend. HUGS
  • svoelske
    Good morning to my friends .. :smiley:

Tried something new last night .. I did my blog last night, and scheduled it to post this morning ..

This site is bringing back many many memories .. I've had to bring back my HTML language to get some of it to work .. It's working my brain .. lol ..

But I set up my blog last night, and entered it ... Sally's blog

I started working on my information for a drawing journal .. do you know that I've done at LEAST 305 drawings since the beginning of 2020 ??? WOW !!! It baffled me !!! It was fun to see where I started and where I've come to .. :) Oooeeeeiiii .... but back then I was doing 2 and 3 a day, now I'm doing 1 every 2 weeks or so .. lol ..

Heading over to Bill and Kathy's today to deliver the unicorn and pixie drawings to Izzy .. my great niece ... :smiley:

Wishing everyone a great day .. I'm going to !!!!
  • 1crazydog
    Saturday: Had our Saturday breakfast w/friends as a Zoo this morning. Our friends we usually meet were again exhausted. (She’s a paramedic and he’s an EMT). So, breakfast together was via Zoom.

Looks like it’s going to be rainy today, so inside chores.

Have a spectacular Saturday.

HUGS

Sally: Wow! What a lot of drawings!

Have a good time @ your brother and SIL’s house.

HUGS
  • svoelske
    Good morning friends ..

Road trip today.. day with happy hubby and heading to the Dells .. on the way home, stopping for lunch at TGI Fridays in Madison ... actually sitting there and eating ...

Have a wonderful day .. its gorgeous out there... unfortunately not going to stay long ..

Have a great day
  • 1crazydog
    Sunday: Had rain overnight. Guess we could have some today, too. But not right now.

Had a good Saturday. Decluttering the basement. That is a good thing.

Today will do a little more in the basement.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Travel safe and have fun, Sally! HUGS
  • svoelske
    Good morning to my friends .. :)

Well --- Yesterday was a mix of wonderful and sad .. It was a wonderful day with happy hubby, but a friend contacted me to let me know that a friend that used to be my best friend for over 15 years, and I stepped on the wrong egg shell .. passed away on the 19th .. all of a sudden all the wonderful times that we had came flooding back ..

We parted in 2017, because she held a grudge better than anyone I know .. and I said the wrong thing .. and instead of sitting down and talking .. she shut the door faster than I could put my feet in it .. but that's past .. I did send her a letter a couple years ago, when I was getting tired of feeling bad about people that had "done me wrong" .. and released my bad feelings, and she was the only one that never responded to my letter .. but I didn't think she would .. but it can't be from not trying .. but all the fun we had over the years, came flooding back .. and she's gone .. taken by liver cancer .. I could just send a text to her sister, of my condolenscenses ... because all the "mutual friends" that we had dropped me like a hot balloon after we split .. I don't know what she told them, and I don't care what she told them, and at the time I didn't need to explain myself .. if they didn't know me .. anything I would say would not settle things .. so I just texted her sister my condolenscenses, and my prayers for the family ..

Other than that .. I put on a happy face, because is was one of those days .. hubby planned for a wonderful day and something stepped in the way .. I was NOT going to spoil that .. my feelings were my feelings .. and wasn't going to spoil our day that he had planned .. and it was a wonderful day .. Machines were poopy, but that's okay ..

I have clues I use .. 1--the building is very quiet .. you don't hear much "dingdingding" of the machines .. and 2--the cashout machines were sitting there idle .. that means there weren't many people cashing in tickets .. soooo I play more gingerly, and don't expect much .. and I wasn't disappointed, but playing minimum bets makes the games last a little longer ..

We stopped at lunch at TGI Friday's, and while they didn't have much of a selection of salads, like I wanted .. I chose the veggie burger .. and well ... I know veggie burgers you get in restaurants aren't the best of choices, but I enjoy them .. and pretty much I was tossing in the towel yesterday .. BUT I DID WRITE IT ALL DOWN !!! and found that when all said and done at the end of the day .. I was 81 calories over my goal amount ..

Wow .. I guess I had alot in me to get out today .. I do have some good news, that's in my blogspot journal .. This stuff I had to write where I KNEW who was reading it .. because it's stuff that was just in my heart, and head, and most of it was so personal that even my family didn't know it ..

Sorry for plopping this on you, but I have to admit .. I feel better ... :)

Off to mommy this afternoon, and giving her her photo album .. :smiley: Can't wait .. Life moves on !!!!
  • PotterNana
    We had a fun weekend with the girls. Watching how much Anastasia loves her little sister is just priceless and warms your heart <3

Hubby and I stopped in Westfield yesterday to stop at the the Brakebush Outlet store on the way home, but they close at 3 on Sunday..... We decided to eat at Bent Rail Brewpub for dinner instead. They had a really nice patio to sit out on, and the food was good. I had a chicken panini on marble rye with a side salad and garlic vinaigrette dressing. Yum! I had planned on choosing a large salad, but they didn't have a very good large salad selection.

Today, I am going through more kids clothes and packing them in boxes according to size. Time to get them off my table.. Then, grocery shopping for lunch prep ingredients. I'm making a garden chicken saute, that hubby won't eat - too many veggies.. LOL

Tonight is African Sweet Potato Stew. Hubby loves sweet potatoes, so it should be a winner!

• PotterNana
    Forgot to mention....

As of today, I've lost 10% of my body weight :)
  • 1crazydog
    Monday: quiet day. Appreciate that No appointments today. Hurray!

All I have to do is call for my incident report to have that for my file.

Found some spare energy, so mowed the yard and trimmed 3 trees. That’s it for the day. LOL

Otherwise . . .. it’s MONDAY! Let’s make the most of it.

Pfizer vaccine officially approved. Pfizer AND Moderna will begin boosters in September.

Sally: Awwwww well, sorry that your friend passed away. HUGS and that’s a toughie. Sorry that she passed before things could be sorted out. I think you did the right thing texting condolences. Not much else to be done.

Well, you at least got the veggie burger that you enjoy. That’s a good thing, and you wrote it down.

I HOPE your Mom really likes the album . . . I am sure she will!!!!!

Michelle: Awwww, that’s so wonderful that Anastasia loves her little sister. NOW . . . hope that lasts thru the teen years. LOL

Your pub dinner sounds delicious!

Ohhhh, African sweet potato stew! Sounds good, too.

Awesome on releasing 10% of your body weight! Way to go.
  • PotterNana
    Calling for thunderstorms today, so it's another indoor walking day. I'm trying to be more proactive about working out every day, and not just when I feel like it.

I didn't get much organizing done yesterday. I was just exhausted. When hubby came home, he told me he slept horribly. At one point, he said he elbowed me, and thought I might wake up with a black eye :o

So that project continues, along with doing some lunch meal prep. I'm making a light pasta dish with lots of sauteed veggies that hubby won't eat.... Started looking around yesterday for another dresser option for the girls. The one I have was great for Anastasia, but now that there are two.... We do have two larger ones here, so I think I will sell the small one, and transfer this taller one in there. I think they will be coming more often now (in between Anastasia's school functions), so I need to be better organized. The three drawers are not cutting it anymore.. Especially when I keep getting hand me downs from my sister :)

Have a good day! I'm going to try!
  • 1crazydog
    Tuesday: Got the lawn mowed and 2 trees pruned yesterday. Hot and humid and it’s supposed to be that way all week. But all is well.

Have laundry started. Always laundry to do! UGH

Here’s to a terrific Tuesday.

Hugs

Michelle: You’re a good Grandma!

Hope you enjoy your pasta dish. Sounds delicious to me!
  • PotterNana
    No rain today, so I am happy to be taking my walk around the lake today. I found a podcast to listen to by Oprah. I love her <3 So inpirational!

I got a lot done yesterday. Tim helped me move the dressers around last night. I have just a few drawers to go through, then time to put clothes into the bigger dresser. I think I'll purchase some small baskets for on top the dresser for socks, underwear, etc... That should even out the dressers for everything else. It will feel really good to have this done before going back to work next week!

Made a pork roast last night for dinner with roasted potatoes and carrots. Turned out pretty yummy. Tonight is just leftovers from the freezer since Tim has some things to do after work. Makes my night easier :)

Enjoy your day!
  • 1crazydog
    Wednesday: Had storms blow through yesterday afternoon and evening. Nothing continuous, but the sky was pretty ominous. We did get needed rain, though.

Can’t believe it’s Wednesday! Jas has therapy today. So, he’ll be tired.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

HUGS

Michelle: Glad you got to take your walk.

Your diner sounds most excellent!
  • PotterNana
    The dresser is fully stocked, probably way more than I need but plenty of options. Most of the clothes are hand me downs from my sister, and my daughter has very limited space. I am sending a few things to her for Anastasia, since they seem to fall within the dress code for school. But, it will be nice to finally donate them as Mirajane outgrows them now. All I have left is to get a couple of totes, and stack them all in the closet for future use. I used to have them all in one tote. What a pain to sort through all the clothes every time there was a size change. Feels great to be more organized!

Today is Mya's vet appointment. So glad! Her underside is so raw and wet from her licking all the time. I have a feeling she will get the cone of shame...

Tonight, I will be grocery shopping to get the house ready for the girls this weekend. It will probably be the last visit until the end of September or so. We have a couple of trips coming up, and Anastasia needs to get used to the school routine. Today, she gets to meet her teacher, see her class, put her school supplies away, and take school pictures. She's exited.

Have a great day! I will in between the rain drops.. LOL
  • 1crazydog
    Thursday: Wow, Friday EVE again! Got the request for my incident report filled out. Now to get the report.

Hot and humid. BUT today is supposed to be a little cooler. I hope so!

HUGS

Michelle: Glad you got the dressers and clothes organized. Lots of work!

Good luck w/Mya’s vet visit. I know the fur babies, canine and feline, hate the cone of shame!

Good luck to Anastasia on her first day of school! Wow . . . time just absolutely flies!
  • 1crazydog
    Friday: We made it to FriYaY. Wow. Seems to be such a quick week.

Got my incident report yesterday from the hospital OF COURSE, I was not surprised to find inaccuracy. So, that has to be addressed. That’s a process. But I am getting the paperwork needed to get it corrected.

Hope it’s a good Friday!
  • 1crazydog
    Saturday: Well, we were able to have our Saturday morning breakfast in person. It was just the 4 of us.

HOT HOT HOT. This is supposed to break on Monday. That will be good.

Have some stuff to bring to Goodwill today.

Here’s to a great Saturday.