Chat about anything here

Options

Replies

• 1crazydog
    1crazydog Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: Have my dentist appt. @ 7 am, so out the door early.

Cool today! But that’s what happens when Autumn starts making an entrance.

Have to make a freggie run and that will take care of the outside chores.

Hope you have a terrific Tuesday. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, enjoy the last day of Summer.

Michelle: Well, glad you had a nice trip despite the festival being disappointing.

Oh my gosh. Glad Anastasia and Mirajane are feeling better, but how difficult to keep them corralled in their bedroom! NOT fun.

BigD: Hope all is well w/you.
  • PotterNana
    PotterNana Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Back to the grind today! Walked into work today to find out that my hours change as of tomorrow. They shifted from 8:30-1:30 to 9-2. No biggie, just a half hour shift. Too many hours being worked so we needed some adjustments so that we could all help get all the work done in order to leave earlier. The other girls were leaving after 2 every day...

One of the football players decided to show up to Homecoming with Covid..... The middle school I work at has 17percent quarantined. And we are all wearing masks all day. The football game on Friday is cancelled... What was he thinking?! Glad I am distanced from the kids..

Dropping my car off tonight to get the antifreeze reservoir replaced and a fitting. I'll be glad to have it fixed!

Enjoy your night!!
  • bigdrunner
    bigdrunner Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Crazy Dog thanks for asking Chiropractor again this morning then at noon i have a zoom conferance with my pain management Doctor to see what they might be able to do my primary Doctor said to ask him maybe a prednisone burst might help,this started three years ago i was diagnosed with spinal stenosis but i havent had pain in over three years ,a week ago sunday i was doing my abo work and doing the exercise wheel like i always do but about an hour later the pain started ,i hope they can do something about this ,i cant even do my normal working out which is depressing ,just the exercise bike. So im praying the pain goes away again the only other option is surgery which i would like to avoid. Have a Great day every one i am on facebook if you ever want to char Don Backlund
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Wednesday: Happy First Day of Autumn (Northern Hemisphere) and first Day of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere! Let’s enjoy our new season.

Jas has hand therapy today. We’ll see how that goes. Should be good.

Otherwise, cool. 61F for a high.

Here’s to a wonderful Wednesday.

Michelle: OH my gosh! Definitely hard to figure what that football player was thinking showing up w/covid. **SIGH**

Hope the car repair goes well.

HOPE that non-surgical intervention helps w/the stenosis. It can be a bugger. I have that and scoliosis (a slight curvature of the spine). Exercises have helped. Fingers crossed for you.

HUGS
  • PotterNana
    Options
    I've been on a bit of a plateau for the last month. I haven't given it much thought since we have had our weekend outings, but the scale finally moved down. My clothes had been fitting differently though, and I'm sure working has helped. Whichever the reason, I'm celebrating!

With the increased numbers, we have agreed to celebrate Mirajane's 2nd birthday early. Her birthday is the 27th, but we will be celebrating on this Sunday. We all missed out on her first birthday, and don't want a repeat of that. Especially, with my daughter's father in law being older and diabetic. That would put him at an even higher high risk. And Dane County is more high risk anyway :/

My car is fixed, and no new surprises! I stopped and paid the bill after work. Tim will take me down there to pick up my car after he gets home from work. It's hard to drive two cars home at the same time... LOL

Stay safe!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Thursday: Happy Friday Jr. No appointments today! Hurray!

Jason was unable to go to therapy yesterday as he had a bout of vertigo. It settled down after ½ hr. of rest, but it was not comfortable for him. **SIGH** Today . . . he’s fine. He has an appt. tomorrow, so we’ll see how it goes!

Cool. But the sun is out, so not bad.

Have to get some of the yard wast to the curb.

Here’s to a good Thursday.

Michelle: Yes, usually for me I can tell a difference in the way clothes fit before any change shows up on the scale.

Oh happy early birthday to Mirajane! Hard to believe she’s 2! Time just keeps flying by. Have a good celebration.

Glad your car is fixed.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Woke up this morning around 1:30 with a migraine, but with the cooler weather... Guess it's a common thing. Migraines seem to be going through my workplace. At least people will be understanding. Felt much better by around 11, before the kids came down for lunch!

I've been given the task of driving the cargo van to the elementary school every day to pick up the neccessary items for the high school and middle school. Who needs strength training with all the boxes I'm lifting?!

Monday is a teacher inservice day, so I'm looking forward to my 3 day weekend at home :)
  • bigdrunner
    Options
    Enjoy your three day weekend :)
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Friday: Jason has hand therapy today. He’s feeling fine, so should not be a problem!

Going to be a nice day so will get Miss Lilly to the park and maybe take lunch there!

Here’s to a wonderful FriYaY!

HUGS

Michelle: Wow, definitely sounds like you'll be getting your exercise.

BIGD: Have a good weekend.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Saturday: Well, decided to zoom breakfast today, but did get take out. Since we’ve enjoyed the breakfast quesadilla, we decided to get it again. Delicious.

Today is vacuuming, floors and the kitchen. They’re in pretty good shape, so shouldn’t take long to complete.

It is the last Saturday of September. WHAAATTTTT?? So better enjoy it.

HUGS

• 1crazydog
    Options
    Sunday: Beautiful day yesterday. Perfect weather and it is supposed to be the same today. Enjoying this!

Just had a wonderful day. Jason did his hand exercises and says they’re helping. That’s great!

Going to work outside again. Get the free Vit. D.

HUGS and blessings.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    We had a nice early birthday party for Mirajane this afternoon. The theme was Baby Yoda. My daughter made pulled pork with a fruit tray and veggie tray. The cake was a homemade chocolate cake layered with buttercreme frosting. I just kept my portions small. No dinner tonight, just a small snack if needed.

I'm meeting my old boss tomorrow for lunch. Looking forward to seeing him and filling him in on my new job.

My husbands boss's wife has Covid and is in the hospital on a ventilator. Tim hasn't seen her since April. They are the kind of people who don't believe in Covid, until now...... But, to my knowledge, his boss still hasn't gone in to be tested. Luckily, he doesn't come over to the building Tim works at very often. I hope for his wife's sake, she makes it through. They have three children. The youngest is 2..

I spent yesterday working on some organizing in the bedroom. It has been well overdue. Just doing a little at a time, but trying to get it done!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Monday: Well, here is Monday here again! Hope it’s a good one.

Beautiful weather yesterday and supposed to be all week. Thankful for that.

HUGS and motivated Monday.

Michelle: Glad that you had a good celebration for Mirajane’s 2nd birthday. Sounds like your DD made a wonderful supper.

Have a good meeting w/your old boss.

Oh my. Prayers for Tim’s boss’ wife. **SIGH** Oh gosh, well, I am sure this has made a believer out of them. And his boss hasn’t been tested? No words. AND they have 3 kids, the youngest is 2! Again, no words.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Stepped on the scale today for my weekly weigh in, and I'm officially under 200! It's working, and I'm sure my new job is helping. My coworkers keep offering me food though. One of them told me on Friday that I am very good at saying No :D But, I do splurge from time to time. I had cake and ice cream yesterday..

I am very tired today, and glad I have the day off. Hubby borrowed a trailer from work and I think it kept him up, knowing he had to take it back this morning. I'm meeting Ron for an early lunch at 11, then possibly some grocery shopping. I'd like to organize another dresser drawer. We shall see. I also see a possible nap in my future...

My NSV for the weekend was that I officially dropped a pant size!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Tuesday: Jason had his PT appt. yesterday and did well. Will be evaluated on Thursday. He has his hand appointment tomorrow and Thursday.

Have a tech coming for the internet on Thursday. Just slower than molasses and shouldn’t be.

Gorgeous day yesterday – sunny and in the 70’s. Today is supposed get up to 69. Nights are cool . . . in the 40’s.

HUGS and terrific Tuesday.

Michelle: Fantastic! Keep up the good work. And dropped a pant size! That's even better!

Have a good time @ your lunch.

• bigdrunner
    Options
    Im Happy to say the pain is finally subsiding :)
  • PotterNana
    Options
    We were busy fighting with plumbing yesterday..... Monday night, our faucet would not turn off. It has needed to be replaced for some time. The new had been bought, but... Tim turned the water off, but it would not turn back on in time for showers. Ugghh...... He replaced the faucet last night while the water was off, and turned the water was off. Knocked on the box attached to the well, and it started up. Then all the sediment was in the lines. Thankfully, everything was clear and ready for showering, etc this morning.

With all that excitement, I came home today and took a nap after work. No time yesterday, since I had a teeth cleaning appointment. Same problems are still there. Still waiting for the oral surgeon to call me back so they can pull one of the teeth. They sent the referral over to a different office.

Stay safe and Enjoy the weather!!
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Busy day today. I had a very large delivery to both schools today. At least they gave me a helper...LOL I am exhausted and glad tomorrow is Friday. But, on the positive note I got my first paycheck today :)

Not much planned this weekend, just more organizing in the bedroom. I think I have more clothes than room! But, trying to weed out the garbage at least.

Enjoy the weather!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Friday: The internet is working! The internet is working! Took the tech 3 hrs. Installed a new modem. Hurray.

Miss Lilly did well w/her grooming. Got her out for a walk, too so she could work off some energy.

Jason has hand therapy today. He is happy with it.

HUGS to you and enjoy FriYaY!

Not sure what was going on. But Wednesday had problems posting on MFP. Yesterday the whole site was down (at least on my end) for 4 hrs. and by the time it came back up it was just plain too late!

BUT doing all right.

BIGD: Glad the pain is finally subsiding.

Melissa: Sorry for your plumbing wars! NOT easy!

Good luck w/your extraction. HOPE they get it scheduled for you soon. How uncomfortable.

Yeah for the 1st paycheck!

Good luck w/the continued sorting of clothes, etc.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Taking the day to work on more organizing. Time to rid of the clothes I no longer fit in, or no longer want/wear. A little at a time. Just don't have the energy for more than that.

Visited with a friend for a bit yesterday. I had to run into town to swing by the bank, and decided to stop for a short visit while in town. It was nice to catch up!

Now that I am finally getting paychecks, I'll probably work on a new budget this weekend also. It was getting harder to get Tim's paycheck's to stretch enough.

No rain here today, but they are calling for it tomorrow. Stay dry!