Chat about anything here

Options

Replies

• 1crazydog
    1crazydog Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sunday: Well, storms rolled through early evening. Cooled things a little, but didn’t do anything for the humidity!

Feel sorry for those being affected by Hurricane Ida. Louisiana is just overwhelmed w/Covid and surely doesn’t need this (well, nobody does . . . just sayin’) Stay safe if your in the path of the storm. Prayers.

Blessings.
  • PotterNana
    PotterNana Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It was a fun weekend with the girls, even though we had bad storms for two nights. Little sleep for hubby and I both nights. And the girls slept poorly Saturday night. Mom and Dad put them to bed at 6 last night..LOL.

My background check for my new job has not come back yet, but they are running behind. They called Friday morning, and asked me to stop by and sign a paper so that I could still start on Wednesday. By Friday night, I had three emails asking me to complete onboarding tasks before Wednesday. I'll be working on those today. I'm recuperating a bit today from lack of sleep, along with some laundry. Trying to catch up on some things before starting back to work :)

Mya didn't need the Cone of Shame, thankfully. They gave her a higher dose of steroids, but these are melty tabs. Much easier to administer! She's already looking better and appetite is better!

Heading out Friday night for our annual Labor Day weekend trip to Viroqua to the log cabin. I still need to plan our menu for that. I hope to start that tonight.

Enjoy the cooler weather. It feels great to have the windows open!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Monday: The start of another work week. Looks like today is going to be a bit cooler than it has been. Ready for that!

Jason has a meeting in Lake Geneva (about 2 hrs. from us) on Wednesday, so I am going to go with him. We’re going to take Miss Lilly. There are lots of places for us to walk (Miss Lilly and I) while Jas has his meeting. So, it will be a change of pace.

Hope you have a marvelous Monday.

HUGS

Michelle: Hope that your background check is completed quickly!

Sounds like you had a good weekend w/the girls despite the storms.

And glad Mya didn't need the cone of shame! PHEW.

HUGS
  • PotterNana
    Options
    I graduated High School in Lake Geneva! Such a beautiful area with lots of areas to walk. Enjoy it!!!

My daughter is getting anxious that her baby is going to school tomorrow. All young parents go through this, but more anxiety is today's covid world.

Tim is sleeping horribly. Wish I had an extra bedroom to escape to. Last night was the best night thus far, but still.....

We put all the totes of extra clothes for the kids away last night. Feels good to finally have that project complete. All totes labeled and organized.

Today's project is to look for some black pants I know I have to use for work, and run to Walmart for some non skid shoes. I think I only work 6 hours or less a day, so it should be a perfect fit, along with having summers off and spring break and winter break.

Looks like another nice day. Enjoy it!!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Tuesday: Yesterday was a very comfortable day! Low humidity . . . ready for that!

Just house chores today.

Here’s to a terrific Tuesday!

Hugs

Tuesday: OH, nice! Yes, Lake Geneva is a beautiful area.

Oh special prayers as Anastasia has her 1st day of school!

Good luck w/your first day on the job. Hope it goes well.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Wednesday: On the road to Lake Geneva. Looks like a great weather. So, it will be nice.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. 01 September! Let’s make it the best month ever.

Miss Lilly had her check up yesterday. Did well. Labs are all good. Does have allergies, so she has to be on an allergy med. Hoping that can be discontinued once the weather turns cooler. Her primary allergy is grass. Poor baby!

She had 3 vaccinations, and was laid low yesterday, but a little more energetic today.

Hugs
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Thursday: The day in Lake Geneva was wonderful. Weather was perfect. Miss Lilly and I took a long walk on a path and then rested on a bench in a beautiful park. Headed back when Jas’ meeting was ended. Had a picnic lunch and the on the road home. Not bad traffic.

So, today is a bit of a rest day.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Two days into the new job and I like it. Something satisfying about working with the kids :) My hours are 8:30-1:30 every day. I help prep food for lunch, serve, and clean up. Pretty busy all day. I work at the middle school with two other ladies. We seem to work well together. They have worked at these cafeterias for a while. I have a lot to learn. But, so far, I like it. Now, to find some better non skid shoes. The ones I bought at Walmart hurt my feet by the end of the day...

Leaving tomorrow for our log cabin trip. Have a great holiday weekend!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Friday: Well had a good rest day, but didn’t totally rest. That’s all right. It was relaxing.

Got Miss Lilly to the doggy park. She was in heaven.

Well, here’s to a good FriYaY!

Michelle: Glad you like the new job! Not bad hrs. Always on a learning curve when you start a new job. That’s all right!

Have a good weekend and safe travels.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Saturday: Well, the statistics in our little community are improving, but will definitely mask when we meet for breakfast today. Can’t wait!

Had a wonderful time! Had quesadillas w/steak medallion, salsa verde, some tortilla chips and refried beans. Brought ½ of it home. Delcious!

Gray, drizzly weather. Ah well, maybe a little relaxation?

Hugs

Have a great Saturday.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Sunday: Yesterday was a cool-ish, rainy day. But found plenty to do in the house. Got lots done. Almost done in the basement tossing and organizing.

Supposed to be a sunny day today so may do some outside work. Not a cloud in the sky right now!

Hugs and blessings.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Monday: Happy Labor Day to everyone. Planning to BBQ tonight. That will be a nice way to celebrate Labor Day!

Happy Monday.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Tuesday: Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day.

Had a few chores to do, but all in all, a relaxing day. Did BBQ for supper and it was good.

I have a few calls to make today, and need to pay a few bills. Exciting, isn’t it!

Storming and pouring so indoors for now anyhow.

HUGS and terrific Tuesday.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Made it home yesterday around 11. Then, it was laundry and putting everything away.

Weather was ok. Friday was a bit cloudy, but no rain. It was a nice relaxing trip. Enjoyed a new winery. Took Saturday to enjoy life and not worry about food and drinks. Scale maintained this week. I'm happy with that. :)

My lead at work was off today for a dental procedure, so I had to be in to work at 6:30 this morning. I didn't sleep much last night. I was afraid I would over sleep. I haven't had to be up this early since April.. But, back to normal tomorrow!

Eating leftovers most of the week for dinner, and made an apple, blueberry, walnut salad for lunch with a honey balsamic dressing for lunch. Easy peasy.

Hope you could enjoy the sunshine today, even though it was a bit humid.
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Wednesday: Wow! Mid-week already! Wow. Quick week.

PT for Jason today. He’ll get a work out.

Had wicked storms yesterday late morning/early afternoon. We were all right, fortunately. LOTS of areas got hail. We didn’t.

Today have a few bills to pay. Always fun…. NOT! LOL

Hugs

Michelle: Glad you got home safely. And glad it was a relaxing trip.

Leftovers, thank goodness for them!

Definitely enjoying the sunshine. Gorgeous today.
  • PotterNana
    Options
    My lead was only off for one day due to a dental appointment. She was back today, but I've been told I'm doing pretty well. I am back to my normal hours again. They sent home 9 kids today for Covid exposure. I'm not worried about us. The counter gives us a pretty good distance, but still.....

Tim is at a new dentist tonight. This one is closer to work. Hopefully, this one will work out. I just want to get this tooth fixed.

Anastasia's school pictures.. She looks so grown up!
    5qso4kgqjxuo.jpg

Enjoy your evening!!
  • 1crazydog
    Options
    Thursday: Absolutely beautiful day yesterday. Spent time weeding and it looks much better. The weeds are just impossible this year.

Have a few chores to do today. Have to drop some things of @ Goodwill (donating things I’ve decluttered). NOT going in the shop because I know if I did I’d buy something. The whole idea is . . . . get . . . . rid . . . . of . . . . things. So, will be good.

Can’t believe it’s Thursday. BUT . . . it is.

Have a terrific Thursday.

Michelle: Glad your job is going well. OMG! 9 kids home due to Covid exposure. **SIGH** I hope your DH gets his tooth fixed! Dental pain is no fun.

Oh my goodness! Anastasia is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing her picture!
  • PotterNana
    Options
    Found out last night that my car is leaking antifreeze. Called the shop this morning before work. I'll take it in for them to look at it on Tuesday. Tim doesn't think it is the motor. Says it might be a hole in a hose or something. We shall see. Always something... Good thing I only drive 8 minutes to work!

Ran into town after work today to pick up some prescriptions that were ready. Temperature guage didn't rise too far. Starting to adjust to my activity, didn't seem as exhausted when I got home today. Made my blueberry apple walnut balsamic salad for lunch, and relaxed. But, was antsy. Got up to do laundry, etc..

Last night of leftovers for dinner tonight. Easy nights. Grilled chicken thighs with a seasoned rub from our trip. Anything left after tonight gets thrown out.

Have a good night!
  • bigdrunner
    bigdrunner Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, i was going to ask where is everybody from I live in Superior
  • svoelske
    svoelske Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good morning to my friends .. :)

Hi Big D .. welcome to the chat ..:)

I've been naughty .. haven't had much on line stuff lately .. have been focusing on "life" with this beautiful weather we've been having .. however today the AC is back on .. because the humidity is supposed to bet higher again ..

Michelle .. I can't believe how big Anasthasia is getting .. that's a beautiful picture of her !!

I have been busy with my drawing, and all .. and just enjoying "being" ..

I have 11 days till our venture out west again to Laughlin .. and soooooo can't wait .. :)

And for Big D .. .I'm downstairs in Merton (pretty much between Milwaukee and Madison .. )

Wish everyone a wonderful day .. and I wonder if there's a notification that can be set up for this thread .. ?? While my habits are starting to fall into place "after spark" .. I've been spread out, and well .. I keep forgetting a few things .. lol ..

Wishing everyone a great day .. and enjoy whatever you do !!!! I'm going to !!!