Chat Room

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

I made oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies with raisins and currents. The best part is instead of oatmeal I think I used bran flakes. Not sure it was a mystery bag that was Mom's. The chocolate chips were dark and semi-sweet.

The results were in the mail today when I got home. Passed my food handlers certificate with a 98%. Now to get my resume done.

Today has been an off day. Woke up at 5:30 am and read for about an hour. Then did my walk video and a little strength exercise. Also completed my TOPS program for tomorrow. We are covering protein. Had a light breakfast and found out my Son was running late. Good thing I always make sure to leave extra time to catch a different bus to appointments. While I was down town waiting for him I did a little shopping. He has a cavity that needs fixing and needs a cleaning before they can put on his upper braces. When I got home opened my mail and was so happy had to share my news with my cousin and a friend so texted them. Had a quick lunch and read a little more. Then went to my friends house. She was telling me about work. Kinda happy that they didn't call me back. She doesn't want to stay. Soon dinner and then bed.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Gained half a pound. Not good but not bad either. With how everything went this week not to bad. It shows me that I just need to be more consistent with food and exercise. Ran some errands with Hubby today, then did some dishes and decluttering. Back on track tomorrow.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good evening

It warmed up today and snowed.

Yesterday. Mary had another surgery. That makes 2 surgeries and 22 days in the hospital in January! There was a few places with scar tissue that caused the blockage. Today, she is really sore. She might get out of the hospital on Thursday.

Today just started wrong. First. I swept in. I put my fitbit on the charger and then showered. After I got dressed, I made a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and bread. I was too tired to get them last night. I forgot to take my fitbit off the charger, so didn't get the steps.

Then, Robert reminded me of an appointment and we had to leave at 8:30 this morning. That is my usual walking time. We didn't get home until noon.

It was just one of THOSE mornings! I walked a lot around the house this afternoon to catch up.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Hope Mary has a speedy recovery with no more complications. You did great considering. I have forgotten my Fitbit before. It's disappointing as you don't get credit on Fitbit for it. But the important thing to remember is that your body still tracks it.

Today has been a very good day! Got up and posted in a challenge I lead on Facebook. Then got dressed and did my video, strength, laundry, and dishes (they're finally caught up!). Also cleaned the stove and rearranged something's. After lunch Hubby and I played Wii sports. When it's not our turn we March in place. I am trying to get back into being more active at home like I did when we were in COVID lockdown's. It worked then to lose the weight it will again. Yes I am still listening to my body and will take breaks when needed.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I had a doctor appointment for my neck this morning in Missoula. On the way there, I got a call from the hospital. They told me that Mary is being discharged today to go home. I said that's great. So I told them I jad a doctor appointment, then we'd have lunch, then get gas and go to hospital to pick her up. So we brought Mary home. She was happy to go home.

That's been my day!
  • stiggymt
    I forgot to mention, the ground hog saw his shadow here this morning.

I don't care what the ground hog did in Pennsylvania!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am so glad Mary got to go home!

Today was another sunny and cold day but very productive! All workouts done, most of chr has been packed away. Just windows, doors and all the towels to get done. Took Son to his teeth cleaning appointment and did some grocery shopping. Had to take a cab home. Put groceries away, played Wii sports with Hubby. Got some studying for my classes and did some reading for my book club. Boy am I tired. Hopefully that means a good night sleep.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another sunny day. All exercise done, studied, read some of my book for my bookclub, did dishes and laundry. Also played skipbo instead of Wii sports as Hubby said his knees are bothering him from the marching. So I did step-ups on and off to get extra steps. Still struggling with being hungry all the time and keeping my calories in range.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

Today was yet another trip to Missoula. Robert hasd an eye doctor appointment. We also changed our cellphone plan. We still have to see another doctor on Monday. This one is for his lungs. His 40 year history of smoking did damage. He is almost 14 years of smoke free. But the damage was done.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another sunny, cold day. All exercise completed including step-ups to get my hourly steps. Also studied, did dishes and laundry. Played a board game with Hubby and also made time for some me time reading. Still struggling with food but slowly trying to get it under control by trying to make healthier choices.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I guess you read on fitbit what happened last night. I'm so tired today. I was impressed that with only 3 hours of sleep last night, I got a sleep score of 70 (according to fitbit) . I expected it to be much less. But I'm still tired!

I did a few things around the house this afternoon. I better end the before I fall asleep.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I did see about Mary in Fitbit. I do hope they can get her all fixed up. I am not surprised you were tired. It makes sense to take a rest day when you're tired.

Today has been a mostly sunny day. It was 50°F in the Church this morning. I was frozen. Today was a relaxed but productive day. Made cowboy caviar, chilli, baked tortilla chips, and homemade croutons. Also did some dishes and laundry and played cards with Hubby.
  • stiggymt
    Good afternoon

What a week this has been! Robert had a doctor appointment with a pulmonologist for his breathing. He smoked about 40 years, but had been almost 13 years free. But there was still damage done. He's been on a steroid Inhaler for a few months. Now he'll be on oxygen when he's active. Sitting his oxygen was 97, which is good. After walking down the hall, his oxygen level was 82, which was bad. So he doesn't need it when at computer or watching TV. But if he goes to Walmart or Costco, he'll need it.

Afterwards, we stopped in to see Mary. She looked good, better than a long time. Then lunch and home.

Yesterday, I got a call saying Mary will soon be moved to some rehab center. She needs clothes and a few other personal things. So I volunteered to take them to her. I took them to her. I was amazed when I saw her. Her color returned. She was cheerful and easily smiled. The "ol' Mary " is back. She had an adjustment to her medication over the weekend, mainly, she was taken off painkillers.

At TOPS this morning, I gained .2 pounds. Considering everything, I'm ok with it. I didn't really realize how stressed I was until yesterday. I feel like a big weight was lifted off me. I also drank a glass of water when I first got up as I usually do, except on Wednesday TOPS day. Then I drink the water after weigh-in.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am so glad Mary is doing better and being sent to a rehab center.

Sorry I have been mia. The website locked me out for a couple days but I am back.

I have been exercising consistently and trying to keep my calories in range or at least close to it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. This week I gained another half pound. That puts me at the brink of losing my 100 lb loss status. Need to loose this weight. Have finally gotten back in to studying for my nutrition and fitness course and sent off an exam today. It's been almost a year since I started that chapter. Hoping to be back on track.
  • stiggymt
    Did you read what Sandy said in the workweek hustle on fitbit. I'm not sure what to do. My first thought was to drop out. 2nd thought was to hang tough for one more day and not accept another of the workweek or weekend challenges. Am I being over sensitive? I'm not sure what to do.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I did see what she posted. I am not happy with what she said. But she is a very outspoken person. She is from my TOPS group. She is one of the ladies involved with that incident at TOPS a couple of weeks ago. I don't blame you for not wanting to accept any other challenges from her and I have a feeling she won't be inviting you. We can do our own instead. I chose not to get involved on Fitbit with the conversation as I doubt it would do any good. I am going to prove a point in another way.

It is definitely good to be back.

I won't be surprised if I get a mark in the 90's on my exam as it's open book. I write it as if it's not but will check answers I am not sure of.

Today has mostly been rainy. But got all planned exercise, dishes, some laundry and studying done. Also did some decluttering, went to my Son's doctor appointment and played Wii sports with Hubby. It feels so great to be in a routine and be getting things done. Reaching over 20,000 steps each day is just the bonus. Although right now I am out to prove a point to someone I know.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I didn't remember whe started the workweek challenge. I'll take a break from it. I also noticed that Sandy isn't even close to being the top winner.

I dint even like the winner title. It's all about doing your best. It's too bad that fitbit puts that title on. It would be far better if the had a best improvement. I'd flunk on that. I feel that I'm at my best or close.

Today has been mostly at home. I dashed down to the store this morning. We didn't know when the oxygen man would be here today. He got here this afternoon. Robert isn't going to use it until after he's done with the chemotherapy cream on his nose, which is tomorrow. So he'll start the oxygen on Saturday.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I know why we do the race's that's why I am creating them for our group. I finished the valley loop race in about 34 hrs today that she invited me to. I think I made a point. She seemed to be doing a lot of back peddling this evening. Maybe her brother or daughter said something to her about how rude she was.

Today has been a very busy day with lots of exercise and movement. Completed my workouts, studied, did dishes and laundry, played Wii sports with Hubby, walked down town to meet my Son for his appointment at the bank, then walked to the grocery store and cabbed it home. Boy am I tired and muscles are not happy. But that's ok as I know they will be ready for tomorrow's workouts.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening.

I haven't responded on anything on the workweek challenge. But I noticed she has been very nice with her posts. But no one else is responding either. It is what it is! But she basically told me to go away. Then while being nice she again said I'm not invited to anymore of her challenges. Her words was to invite only those in her step range. That's the lower third. lol
  • stiggymt
    I wasn't ready to hit enter lol

We went to Missoula to see Mary today. We spent about 90 minutes with her. She's being moved to rehab on Monday. We also did a little shopping.

So it's been a busy day