Chat Room

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea you're doing great with your recovery. I hope the fires stay from you.

This week has been busy. Sunday was my family reunion and had a great time even in the heat.tst4zapno53l.jpg I am the one in the pink and black tank top. Helping my little cousins and nephew play hot potato. Monday went with Son to doctor appointment in the morning. Then went to my own doctor appointment. Was put on muscle relaxer for my shoulder as I am still struggling with some pain, have to get blood work, and booked an appointment for ECG and echocardiogram. Also had a volunteer information night for the Harrow fair. Tuesday went to TOPS. Gained back most of the weight that I lost the week before. In the afternoon was my ECG and echocardiogram. Wednesday was exercise and visiting friends. Today was exercise, food bank, and working on catching up on chores. Tomorrow should be more normal I hope.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good evening,

Looks like you had a fun time!

I shared this with my TOPS chapter. I knew that this knee replacement would be a bump in the road. I didn't expect it like this. At first, I forced myself to eat. I wasn't hungry and didn't feel like eating. So I lost weight easily. That's starting to change and I'm eating more normal now. And the weight is easily gained. So I have to adjust my eating. I think this was a side effect of the opiate pain relievers. I'm pretty much off them now. I've had one this week. I take it only when the pain is intolerable, usually during the night.

PT is going well. I'm getting stronger and stronger. I tried walking a mile again this morning. I got tired like the last time, but I didn't feel like sleeping all day like my first time. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow morning when it's cooler and less smoke in the air.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

It's been cooler here today, in the low 80s. It's a relief. It's been windy today, which isn't good for the forest fire situation. We're supposed to get rain this weekend.

I didn't get my walk this morning. Malia came for the morning. And my feet seemed to be dragging. Mary felt the same way. It must be the weather.

• stiggymt
    Good evening

It's in the low 80s again today. With a little breeze. It was supposed to rain this weekend. But it's been moved to Monday.

There is a new fire about 30 miles from here.its bad enough that they closed the highway that runs through town.

We've had a quiet day at home. I asked Robert if he wanted to add some smoke to the air. lol He BBQd a couple burgers. lol
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Another smoky day. We're supposed to have get rain tomorrow. Hopefully it's a lot of rain.

We attended church this morning. Then we went out to eat at a buffet. I still managed to remain within my calorie range. We usually have a light supper on Sundays.

We've been home the rest of the afternoon.

Tomorrow I have PT again.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I walked just over a mile this morning. I still get tired from the walk. The further I walk the slower my walk is. But at least I don't feel like a nap after the walk. I then went to PT. I can't get my knee straight yet on my own, but the therapist with pressure can. It's getting close.

We had light showers this morning. It's rained most of the afternoon. Just a steady drizzle. I don't like the rain, but we really need it. I hope it's enough to make a lot of progress with the fires.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Tomorrow is TOPS. I think I'll do better than I've been doing. Today was mostly here at home. I did make a short (walking) trip to the grocery store for a couple of things. Robert went with me. He buys things I really don't want to have in the house, like brownies.

We had a short thunder storm with a downpour this afternoon. Last I heard, the fires are still burning. But not spreading. That can change fast.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

It rained half of last night. But it quit before I walked a mile this morning. Then I went to TOPS and walked with another gal. At the meeting. I was Loser of the Week with 3.1 pound loss.

Then I went to PT. The exciting part of PT was, when I was laying on the bed with my leg was as straight as I can get, I could feel the sheet on the bed. Kevin, the therapist, said it wasn't quite as straight as it needed to be but he could get it straight with a little pressure. He said, It's almost there! That was exciting!

Then I was home most of the afternoon. I just puttered around home.

Tomorrow Robert has an appointment with the doctor who will remove his cataracts. It will be a long appointment. I'm not sure why. Then he'll have the surgery in approximately 2 weeks. We don't have an exact date yet.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I walked early this morning. It's still about 1.5 miles. Not what I was doing, but I'm ok with it.

When I got home, I made sure Robert was up. He had an appointment in Missoula at 9. He had half hour, before we had to go. This was pre-op for his cataract surgery. Afterwards we did a little shopping, ate lunch, then Costco, then home.

All for now.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

It's been a quiet day at home.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

I walked early this morning. I only 1.5 miles still. When I got home, I got ready for church. Then we went. After church, we are out. It's been a quiet day at home after getting home.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I had PT this morning. Then we made a flying trip to Missoula. We got done what we needed to do, then we came home. That's been our day.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

We had a beautiful morning, sun shining. This afternoon, it clouded up. We're expecting thunder storm with rain.

Tomorrow I have TOPS and PT.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

At TOPS this morning, I missed being the Loser of the Week by .2 pound. I still lost .6 pounds. I tied with someone else for Loser of the Month. Over the summer. I lost just under 8 pounds. Considering all that happened over the summer (knee replacement), I consider it good.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Life has been crazy. This past week was the Harrow fair so I was in Harrow from Tuesday afternoon to Monday evening. Hubby ended up in emergency while I was gone. Thank God I have such awesome friends around me in my neighborhood who let me know what was going on and helped take care of my fur baby and hubby till I got home. On Tuesday this week discovered that I left a quarter of a pound in Harrow. Hopefully it didn't find it's way back but we will see what happens next week. Yesterday I had a meeting and will be starting a training program to get more experience cooking that will hopefully lead to a job after the apprenticeship. That starts on the 18th so will miss multiple weeks of TOPS and may have to consider switching groups in the future. It is what it is. Also next Tuesday our friends and I are going to be doing an intervention for Hubby followed by a BBQ. Not sure how it will go but hoping and praying for the best outcome. I can't keep watching him make choices that hurt his health.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I’ve been missing you! I know how life can really get busy.

This week is going to be really busy for me. Tomorrow, Robert will have cataract surgery. Tuesday, I’ll have an injection in my back. Wednesday, I’ll have TOPS and PT. Thursday, I will take Mary to Missoula so she can have her shoulder operated on. I’m not sure if she’ll stay over night or come home same day. I hope she stays one night. if she stays overnight, then on Friday I’ll go pick her up. Saturday, I’ll go to a TOPS rally. Sunday, Sunday School church service and in the evening Bible Study.

That’s 3-4 trips to Missoula this coming week!
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

Robert had his cataract removed today. All went well. We got home about 1:30 this afternoon.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Another day over this week. I had an injection in my back this afternoon. I hope this helps with the pain in my back at night. It takes up to 2 weeks to fully know.

Tomorrow is TOPS and PT.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

I went to TOPS this morning. I was Loser of the Week with 1.9 pound loss.

Then I went to PT. The therapist worked to break up the scar tissue on my knee. That very painful! However, the knee doesn’t feel as as tight now. I’m always telling the therapist how abusive he is. Everything he does is where everyone can watch and for my own good. As the saying goes, No pain, No gain.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

Mary had her shoulder replacement yesterday. She’s doing good. They sent her home as soon as she recovered from surgery. I think that’s too soon.

Tomorrow, I’m going to a TOPS Rally.