Chat Room

Options

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

It's another hot day. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot again, but after that it'll cool down to the 80s.

We went to church. I felt like going to sleep . I managed to stay awake. But after we came home, I slept for a couple hours. I'm so tired of always being tired.

Tomorrow morning, I have PT again. Mary is going to have surgery on her shoulder in September.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I am glad you were able to go to Church. I definitely understand being tired of being tired. I am sure the heat doesn't help with that.

Today has definitely been a busy one. Got my walk and workouts done this morning. Also went to work for a client scrubbing paint drops off the floor. He thought it would only take a half hour. LoL I worked for about 3 hours and still have 3 bedrooms and 2 other rooms to do. It was way worse than he led me to believe. Back at it tomorrow plus he wants to scrub windows and siding outside from the cement that splattered when they put down the sidewalks. Can we say shoulder pain. Also did dishes and laundry. Tomorrow is TOPS in the morning before going to work after lunch. Not sure if the scale will be nice but will take whatever it says.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening,

I had PT this morning. I'm starting to call it the torchure chamber. I know it's to get the stiffness out of my knee so it can be normal. But it can be painful. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since surgery. Thursday is a month. The therapist said I'm doing extremely well for only a month. But it don't feel that way to me. I have to believe him.

I took a nap this afternoon. Just after I woke up, my daughter in law, Katie, with the 2 granddaughters, stopped in. They were on the way to church camp. I was awake but not totally awake. I asked it they had fun at camp. They laughed. I told them I just woke up.

While they were here, the electricity went out. Ugh! It was 100 degrees out. It didn't take long for it to warm up in here. It was off for just under an hour. I took my shirt off and wet it down and put it back on. It's an easy way to cool down and stay cool until it dries.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very hot and humid day. We have a heat warning in effect. It's also been a very frustrating day. To start the scale at TOPS was not kind to me and said I gained 2.5 lbs. That puts me at a gain for the month even though it's not a big one. I am so tired of the up and down. Then the TOPS member who is taking over as co-leader told me that when she comes back in a couple weeks that I will explain her responsibilities. She also told me what she isn't going to do. Well asking me would have been better but whatever. I had to learn as I went. Then I find out later in the afternoon that the job I was supposed to do today wasn't going to happen. Of course no heads up till hours after I was supposed to start. So that threw my whole day off. I ended up having a true rest day of doing nothing but reading, dishes from last night and a bit of laundry. No motivation to do anything else and Hubby slept all afternoon. So tomorrow morning I am supposed to do the work that was planned for today but not holding my breath. Every time the guy does this I don't end up finishing the job. If I didn't need the money I would have told him to take a hike long ago. I have also decided that if he actually wants me to clean the airbnb unit he is going to be signing a contract with me so I can hold him to it better and it's going to have a stipulation that if I get screwed in anyway to never come looking for help from me again. I am getting very tired of his games and don't have time for them.

Bea - if they tell you your doing great it's true. But sometimes they compare it to others that have gone through it. When I was doing physio they kept saying that I was doing great. But I know that some people only do their physio during the appointment and don't do it at home. I know how bad you want to get moving again so I know you're doing what you're supposed to be.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

I know I'm doing good. But it still doesn't feel like it. Progress is really slow. My PT is canceled for tomorrow. My therapist lost his father and will be gone the rest of the week.

I still have TOPS tomorrow. I'm not sure how the scales will treat me. We'll see.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been hot. A storm or more have been moving through some with tornado warnings. The warning has now been dropped. Anyways, no work today. Client never contacted me. I had a feeling this was going to happen so just stuck with my morning routine and figured worse case scenario I would put my plans on hold if he contacted me. Got my walk and all workouts done, did dishes, and laundry this morning. After lunch did some reading, played Skipbo with Hubby, and crushed beer cans. Tomorrow my day will be off as I am going with Hubby to his Drs. appointment. But plan to get my exercise done before and after. We'll see if I stick to the plan.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out cloudy but the sun finally came out this morning. Got my walk and workouts done. Didn't go with Hubby to his appointment as I refused to take a cab and waste so much money when the bus takes there. So got dishes, laundry, the sheet on the couch changed and cleaned and decluttered a drawer in the kitchen. After lunch played a couple games of Skipbo with Hubby and read. Very happy with what I got done even if I wanted to get a few other things done. From the storms yesterday we had a few branches from the tree next door come down in our yard but nothing major. My client across the ally had a tree come down. Haven't heard from the other client so figure he's doing the work himself or had someone else do it.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening,

Today has been one of THOSE days. I had a Dr appointment at 4PM. Before we left home, I got a text from my cousin. She and another cousin were going to be in Missoula about lunch time. That fit in for me, so we had a long lunch. It was great. Then we went to my doctor appointment. We got there about 40 minutes early, only to discover I didn't have an appointment. Grrr I had the appointment card an everything. They apologized and worked me in with another doctor. So frustrating! But that meant another 40 minute wait. By the time I saw the doctor, I was ready to start crying.

We had dinner before we left Missoula. My knee is hurting more than usual. I told Robert I would take a pain pill, if I was home. But it's too late its to take one now and still take one at bedtime.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I am glad you got to visit with family. It does suck about the Drs appointment but at least you didn't have to make another trip a different day. Hugs

Today has been a hot one even though it is mostly cloudy. Any rain has missed us so far today. Got my walk and workouts done. Also did dishes, laundry and some cleaning in the kitchen. In the afternoon played a couple of games of Skipbo with Hubby. Also am getting some reading done for my rests.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday a storm moved through shortly after I posted. It even had hail. Other storms moved through during the night but nothing major. Went for a short walk this morning as it started to rain and didn't want to get soaked if it started to pour. Also ran errands with Hubby this morning. This afternoon I made rhubarb crisp, did dishes and played a couple of games of Skipbo with Hubby. No real exercise. Hope to get some in tomorrow and make up some from today after Church.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful day and cooler. Went to Church and had a great fellowship. Then went for my walk and then did wall push-ups and calf raises. After lunch got ready and went to a baby shower for a friend from Church. It was such a great time. I even won a prize.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening,

It's been a busy weekend. On Saturday, our

kids had a camp out for the weekend. They had it close to us so that we could at least have a day with them. There was no way that I could stay in a tent now. Anyway, we spent about 11 hours with them. I almost did 10,000 steps yesterday, which is more steps than any other single day since surgery. Thursday was month since surgery. I took 2 trips with kids to the trail down to the beach. There was already adults there. I didn't go down the bank to the river. I wasn't sure I could go down the rugged trail safely. I did pour a bottle of water over my blouse so that it would cool me down. That helped me a lot. It's in the 90s again.

There was a lightning storm last night after we were home and in bed. It started a bunch of forest fires. There is 4 big fires within 50 miles of us, but nothing close enough to us to cause some concern. It just puts a lot of smoke in the air. There's a wond blowing today which isn't good.

I'm still really tired. I had no nap yesterday, but I did sit in a chair most of the day with my feet propped up. Today after church I had a long nap.

Tomorrow, I'll have PT again.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Awesome job with the steps Bea! Hope the fires can be put out quickly unlike the ones in Canada.

Today has been a beautiful day. Did my walk and exercises (most of them). Also did dishes, laundry went grocery shopping (yes I took my cart this time), read and also cut the front lawn. Tomorrow is TOPS but is supposed to mainly be weigh-in as we are having our TOPS picnic after.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening,

I had PT this morning. I told Kevin, the therapist, that my biggest pains was at night, especially around 2 AM. What relieves the pain most is weight bearing movement, in other words, walking. So I walk around the house 2 times. It's good for a couple hours. I'm not sleeping very good.

It'll take awhile for the fires to be put out. Yesterday the weather was just right that we could really see the smoke plumes. I'll post a picture of one of them. Today those plumes are gone and all the smoke is together. So there is just a big haze now.
    gwjdjgqbi845.jpg
    lyf55qrt48gm.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a mostly cloudy, smokey sky day. Didn't start out the month well with a gain this morning. I need to do something to change this frustrating trend. Today was our TOPS picnic and yes I ate very well (not necessarily all healthy). But also had a great time visiting with some of the members as I don't get to do that before meetings. Had a plan for when I got home but didn't follow through with it. Instead spent the afternoon reading. Tomorrow's plan is to get back to it. I know I can do this I just have to do it. Also need to cut the back lawn. I have been thinking about different things I can do to get me going in the right direction and stay in that direction. Now the trick is to follow through with the changes.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening,

Remember this:
    I want to lose weight.
    I know what it takes to lose weight.
    I don't want to do what it takes to lose weight.
    But I want to lose weight.

I recite that frequently. Although, I'm battling a different battle now. I still have no real appetite. Nothing really tastes good except fruit and ice cream. The fruit is good, but I need a balanced diet. So I force myself to eat right, especially with protein. My body really needs protein especially now, while I'm healing. I also force liquids down.

Fires are still all around us. But at least most of the smoke isn't bothering us. I'm not sure where it's going, it's just hasn't settled here in the valley. The sky is even blue.

Tomorrow morning I have TOPS. Then PT. Then we rush down to Missoula for an eye doctor appointment for Robert. Somewhere, we'll squeeze in lunch. That's a lot for one day.

Then Mary has a doctor appointment on Thursday and she'll want to do her monthly shopping. There isn't anyone else available. I hope I have enough strength for it. Then on Friday, we have a funeral to go to. It's going to be a huge one.

I'm so tired of being so tired all the time.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the reminder Bea. I just can't figure out why I don't seem to have the motivation I use to have and that's very frustrating. You definitely have a full week. When my Mom didn't have an appetite and only wanted ice cream for the most part the doctor told her that if that's all she wanted then to eat it as it was better than eating nothing. I never really agreed with it as I believed that she was just using it as an excuse to not make healthy meals. I know for you it's different. Is it possible that some of the medication is causing these problems for you? Have you talked to your doctor about everything to see if they might have an idea?

Today has been a smoke hazey day but beautiful otherwise. I got up with the decision to be serious about making changes. So I went for my walk, and then prepared my breakfast for this morning and the next several days as I have been putting it off for several weeks. After breakfast I did my planned exercises and hung laundry on the line. That was all completed by 11 am. I then did dishes and relaxed by reading. After a healthy lunch I cut the back lawn. So glad that job is done for a couple weeks. I also have started more laundry and did some more reading. There are a couple other things I wanted to get done but chose to do them another day. I am good at procrastination and just glad it wasn't with exercise. Tomorrow after my workouts I am taking the bus to grab a couple this from the store. One is a new note book. I have decided it's time to start writing out my daily check list again as that seemed to work really well to keep me on track. I liked seeing everything marked off at the end of the day. I am also slowly working on planning my meals for the day ahead as this use to work as well. We'll see if it still works.

Connie
  • stiggymt
    Options
    Good evening

I really understand your lack of motivation. More than you realize. I was there. For the most part I stayed about the same. But winter came along, including Christmas. That was good for 10 pound gain. That was nearly impossible to lose any of it. And I had a bad attitude. It took a long time to get over it.

Here I am now with a different attitude toward weight loss. I lost 4.8 pounds in July. I've been Loser of the Week for the last several weeks and Loser of the Month June and July. And I have a ways to go. I think my motivation was our newest member. She is now KOPS for over a year. I want to get there again. I'm GOING to DO it.

Robert is going to have his cataracts removed in September.

I had .5 pound gain this week at TOPS. Remember, I lost 3 pounds last week, which was a huge loss. So I'm thinking this is the aftermath of that. So I'm ok with it. I told the gals that my weight stayed about the same all week long. So we'll see about next week.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I know I am not alone with gaining and motivation issues even though sometimes I feel like I am. I always appreciate your support and encouragement. We both can become KOPS. That has been my goal since I started TOPS.

Today has been a great day but hot! Completed all my planned exercises. Also got my 3in1 oil and my note book for my daily check list. Got today's written out when I got home and started marking off what's already done. Got alot done but there will be things that don't get done. Got to start somewhere. Also played a couple games of Skipbo with Hubby and lost both. But I know he was holding cards more than he has been. Whatever makes him feel better about himself. I did take some time to visit with friends. Next is planning for tomorrow so I can check more off my list.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another great day. Got my workouts done and that includes doing a third set of my core and lower body workout. Also did dishes, dusted a shelving unit, laundry, played 2 games of Skipbo with Hubby (I won both this time), visited with a friend and made Cheerio square with chocolate on top.

Connie