Chat Room

Replies

• stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good evening,

Doctor appointment went well. I even got prescriptions for after surgery. That surprised me. That makes it easier. We did some shopping and stocked up a little. Surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I still don't have the exact time. Last I heard, I'm first that day, but that can change. Those with diabetes go first.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Tomorrow I go to TOPS. Then on Thursday, we go to SRD. I wish it was closer We'll be home lat Saturday afternoon.

I went to where I had PT. I have a free month of use on their machines. I got a good workout.
  • stiggymt
    Good afternoon

I'm hear early because I'm heading out for SRD tomorrow morning. I'm loading the car and getting ready for the trip. I probably won't be on here again until Saturday evening or sometime Sunday.

I lost 1.7 pounds ay TOPS this morning and was the Loser of the Week again. I am so on track now.

I want to lose weight.
    I know what it takes to lose weight.
    I don't want to do what it takes to lose weight.
    But I want to lose weight.

At least for now, I've conquered that 3rd line. Losing weight is all in the head (which includes the mouth lol).
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

I'm home from SRD. It was good. The most surprising thing that happened was the the new Montana TOPS Queen. Present was her mother and grandmother. Her grandmother was Montana TOPS Queen in 2015 (I think). Her mother was 2022 Montana TOPS Queen. So that was 3 generations on TOPS Queens. Part of me says thats amazing. The other part part of me says there is a problem with the family that all loose that much weight.

I did really well with eating during the SRD weekend. Mainly our chapter didn't eat at the TOPS meals there. The convention center offered 2 choices for the banquet. Both were high caloric and over priced. Last year, the portions were very small too. So the gals from our chapter ate elsewhere.

All in all, we had a good time.

I heard some of the other fitbit users got a message from Google. All the fitbit users will have to move to the Google app by 2025 because the app will disappear. I'm not a happy camper about that. No one is. Many are talking about getting a Garmin fitness watch. No one likes what Google is doing and has no plans to support Google.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening

Today, I puttered around the house. I'm trying to get things done before surgery next Tuesday. I also paid bills. I think I got them all pain until the new month. I wish all the bills came in the first week, but the don't.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry for being MIA for so long. Had a great trip for TOPS PRD. d52tv1t6cpu2.jpeg
    My group also spent June 10 evening celebrating my birthday.pin78xyrfz7r.jpeg Got home June 11 for a couple hours to finish packing and spend some time with Hubby before heading back out for the second leg of my vacation. Baking in preparation for the Harrow fair went more smoothly than any other previous year. On my last day in Harrow went to the park with my cousin and her grandson. I actually played on the equipment and had a great workout doing it. Came home Friday afternoon and chilled. Saturday cut the front lawn and worked on cleaning up the shattered glass from my patio set. Sunday went to church and then continued with the cleanup in the afternoon. Got the back lawn mowed on Monday morning and then got ready and went to my friends for my birthday BBQ with a group of friends. Today was TOPS. Gained only 1 lb over 2 weeks and am happy about that. Actually thought it would be way more. Also had to lead the TOPS meeting as our leader was unable to attend. Came home and did laundry, played a couple games of cards with Hubby and took a 3 hr nap. Hoping to get back into routine soon with life. But trying to do it slowly to not overwhelm myself.

Bea glad you had a great time at SRD. Congrats on the weight loss last week.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was physio for my shoulder in the morning. It's coming along nicely. I have range of motion back and they extended me to another 3 weeks to work on strength. They're also adding laser therapy to help heal the tare quicker. I am glad as I don't want to do cortisone shots unless absolutely necessary. Had a quick visit with a couple of friends, did dishes, laundry and played cards with Hubby. Dinner is going to be spaghetti squash pasta, ceasar salad and cheese garlic bread. Tomorrow more cleaning and who knows what.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

6 more days! The countdown has begun!

As of yesterday, I quit taking all vitamins and supplements, except Magnesium. I'm not sure why I'm allowed to take that one. Maybe because it help in healing. Tomorrow I quit Alieve.

I love your t-shirt! Our chapter was planning on getting one for each of us. Bit they weren't available in our sizes. The SRD was on us. Now my knee replacement. So in August or September, we'll probably order them.

Sounds like you had a great time. Happy belated birthday!

This is a picture from our SRD of the ones of us that attended.

vuvqo989mtyx.jpg
  • stiggymt
    I forgot to mention, I lost .4 pounds. I tied for 2nd place Loser of the Week, which doesn't mean much as far as contests go.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yeah the shirts were hard to get. We had a member keep checking and ordered them as soon as they were available. Such beautiful ladies! I have a photo of our group of seven that went but due to privacy I am not sharing it. Great job on your loss

Yesterday started out very stressful. Discovered we have bed bugs. I hate bed bugs. Have spent yesterday and today steaming furniture and still have lots to do. I can't afford to get rid of it all and start over. But will if I have to. Son was supposed to visit for the weekend but with the situation he won't be coming for a while. At least he is more understanding than I thought he would be. The new tenant upstairs has a male friend that is over every day. Today he decided to come knocking to give me crap that there was 1 pile of dog poop in the yard. I told him that it was raining when the dog was out and had not had a chance to pick it up when the rain had stopped for a few minutes. I also informed him that I would respect that they didn't leave garbage in the yard. He said he'd clean it up then didn't. I am sooooo tired of the new tenant, her kids and male friend.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Bad neighbors can be a bit pain. Right now, we have great neighbors. They have 2 girls (10 months old and 3 years old). I love watching them. We've had neighbors that were a pain. Others we never really got to know them.

The 75 anniversary t-shirts are available now in all sizes. I've checked several times.

We're going to be dog sitting for the next week. Our son and his family are going to the Oregon coast for vacation. They'll enjoy it. We'll be watching their dog. I have someone set for watching her while I have surgery.

The big day is almost here. Tuesday for the knee replacement.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I am sure you'll be happy once the surgery is over and you're fully recovered. I will be praying for you.

Today has been a good day. No rain today and several walks. Got dishes caught up, laundry on the line and more in the wash. Also did a run to the grocery store for things to last till the end of the month. Took a day off from cleaning as the stress of the situation is taking its toll. Son stopped by with my birthday card with money for the fair in September. Tomorrow is church, laundry and more cleaning.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

We have our son's dog. She's been laying under our hedge most of the day. I think she's waiting for her people to come back.

I still don't know what time I need to be at the hospital on Tuesday. That drives me nuts. I like to plan my day ahead of time. And I can't do that until I know the time. Like it makes a difference! lol The last I was told is I'm first in line. But if someone with diabetes would bump me back.

I'll get a call on Monday with that info. Monday is our 52nd anniversary. We plan to go out for lunch and have a nice dinner, then a light meal at home in the evening. I think it's wise to do it that way.

Like you, tomorrow we go to church. Mary still has an awful cough. It sounds terrible. So she probably won't be in church. I really appreciate your prayers.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I am sure your fur grandbaby is definitely missing her family. Change can be hard for them expecially if they aren't use to it. I know what you mean about liking to be able to plan ahead for things. Hope Mary feels better soon.

Today has been a productive but relaxing day. The humidity has been just crazy and storms predicted for tonight. Did laundry and some cleaning around the house. There are a couple areas I have no clue where to start let alone where I am going to put stuff. Church this morning was just morning prayer as our Minister was in Toronto for Pride fest. Don't care for that type of service as we are constantly confused when to stand and not stand. Someday we'll figure it out. Tomorrow they are calling for rain in the morning so plan to do more cleaning and steaming. I will win this battle! Tonight's dinner is ribs, mashed sweet potato and salad.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Cindi, the dog is doing better today. I got up this morning and got ready for my walk. She watched me closely. Then I picked up the leash. She scooted out the door and sat by our gate waiting for me. We had a good walk. I tired her out.

When we got back, I got ready for church. And we went. We left Cindi at home. Everyone wished me well on Tuesday. Our minister's wife will watch Cindi for a couple days.

Tomorrow is our 52nd anniversary. I might have mentioned that before. We plan to have our anniversary meal at noon, the a light supper tomorrow evening. That probably a good plan the evening before surgery. I also plan to do a lot of washing tomorrow. Things like bedding, towels and any clothes that need it.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea I am glad you have help with Cindi and that she enjoyed the walk and is getting used to the change. Happy Anniversary!

Today was a little off between having to get my Son into the orthodontist to get a bracket put back on one of his teeth that came off last night and the rain on and off all day. Got my morning walk done. Son took me out for lunch. Hoping that it doesn't show on the scale. Also did some dishes, made rhubarb crisp, and have a load of laundry waiting to go on the line. Tonight is fireworks. Hoping to get some good picks if it doesn't get rained out.
  • stiggymt
    Good evening,

Today we went out at noon for our anniversary meal. I has breaded shrimp.
    My favorite meal. Tonight a light supper. It's better that way with surgery tomorrow morning. I have to be at the hospital at 6 AM. Ugh!

I got all my bedding washed but still need to make my bed.

If I'm up to it, I'll check in tomorrow night.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea - hope your surgery went well. Did see you active on the news feed so I assume you're doing ok. Glad you got to enjoy your favorite meal for your anniversary.

Today was rest, weigh, and TOPS day. Down 2.25 lbs! So happy with how I am doing. Just need to stay on track and not let myself go back up. Walked the parking lot at TOPS for about 24 mins. No one joined me this week which was a little disappointing but at least I know I am getting healthier. We also had movement to one song during the meeting and most joined in with that which makes me so happy. Last night the Ford fireworks went off and the rain didn't interfere with them. Was definitely a late night and am feeling it today. 5rba9wruoexu.jpg
    Hubby and I after the rain waiting for the fireworks
    r6k5sw8s1fhg.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today the air quality is really bad but went for my walk anyways. Could smell the smoke from the fires. Also was burning my eyes. Can't believe how bad it has gotten. Here's a picture of how bad the smoke is in my area in southwestern Ontario.5jq8wlqzh2yv.jpg
    Also did laundry, and dishes. Otherwise was a relaxing day. Wishing I could get back to being more active. Tomorrow is physio for my shoulder which will now include laser treatment.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Bea hope your recovery is going well.

Today the air quality is bad but at least I couldn't smell the smoke. Went to physio for my shoulder so didn't get my regular walk in. Wore a mask while at physio as I seem to have gotten the summer cold my sister and Son had. Although my Son claims I didn't get it from him. Feeling better today but still have a cough and runny nose. Got a great sleep last night of over 8 hrs. Did dishes and laundry today. Also played some Skipbo with Hubby.