Shrinking Assets - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options
minstrelofsarcasm
minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
1705f69305d08d542cd0c4f37ab51f14.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fat2Fit team members! :)
    Here is the new habit tracker for this month. Just click the link and follow the instructions. SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Jazzadesigns
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 219.4
    CW: 219.8 (+0.4)

Sorry I gained this week. Wasn’t on top of my game.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sorry I posted in the wrong thread!
  • partaz
    partaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Username: Partaz
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:226.2
    CW:223.6

Considering yesterday was my birthday and I might have had a treat or two this loss is good :) Plan for this week is to continue getting exercise back on track. I need to bring ALL of the pieces of this weight loss puzzle together at the same time. If I say that to myself enough times hopefully it will manifest! ;)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am Beka, your Team Captain.

WE NEED A SECOND CAPTAIN. IF YOU ARE INTERESED, PLEASE DM ME!!!!!

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 55 lbs from my highest...

I took off a several weeks of logging to help get my head out of my @$$ and regain control of my drinking. I was happy to see that I actually lost a pound for the month!!!!!!

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 187
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

September Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from prior months...
    - GET MY HEAD OUT OF MY *kitten* AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!!!!
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.
    - Stay alcohol free

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’m probably the only one, but I’m super excited for September to be here. The heat wave made me despise summer, plus September means my maternity leave starts in a few weeks and I’m that much closer to delivery and meeting our baby.

I’m 29, live in Finland with my husband, and I’m currently in my 8th month of pregnancy expecting our first child, due in late October. I have 3 more weeks of work before maternity leave begins, but I’m on part-time sick leave until then.

My September goals are:
    - get everything in order so I can start maternity leave without worrying about work
    - reduce sugar intake (I’ve been hitting the chocolate candy pretty hard lately)
    - Increase fruit, veggie and berry intake
    - try to get a little bit more fresh air and exercise regularly

I’m fed up with being so sore, out of shape and struggling with basic everyday routines, so I’m already excited to be cleared for exercise postpartum so I can rejoin the team, start working on this baby weight and lose some of this pre-baby weight as well. I’m going to be on maternity leave for about a year, so I’m excited to spend that time focusing on both the baby and myself.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    September Week 1 Challenge is UP! Pick your measurable daily goals and hit them every day! Consistency rules -

2i19mtdo1sfv.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842309/september-2021-week-1-consistency-101-challenge/p1?new=1
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Happy almost September!!!

22/08 - 247.7...
    29/08 - 242.1...(5.6)

A good week :smiley: Take the wins when they come your way!

WOW, that was BETTER than a mere GOOD week. That was totally an awesome week! Congratulations!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am Beka, your Team Captain.

WE NEED A SECOND CAPTAIN. IF YOU ARE INTERESED, PLEASE DM ME!!!!!

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 55 lbs from my highest...

I took off a several weeks of logging to help get my head out of my @$$ and regain control of my drinking. I was happy to see that I actually lost a pound for the month!!!!!!

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 187
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

September Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from prior months...
    - GET MY HEAD OUT OF MY *kitten* AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!!!!
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.
    - Stay alcohol free

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check

I just love your post, because there is no sugar coating - straight to the point

This made me smile because that is me:

I took off a several weeks of logging to help get my head out of my @$$. I was happy to see that I actually lost a pound for the month!!!!!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello Team! My name is Patrice and I’ve been a part of the ShrinkingAssets team since June 2021. I started using MFP in December 2019 and started really building the habit of tracking my calories and exercise in March 2020. I started with an overweight Body Mass Index (BMI) at 168 pounds and now I’m within the ‘normal’ range. My goal is to weigh 125 pounds. I’m 5’4 tall so that will put me in the middle of the BMI range and then I hope to maintain my weight at 125-130 while working to add muscle.

I joined the Fat2Fit group because I felt a bit stalled at 135 pounds. I’m fine with the slow rate of loss now that I’m so close to my goal weight; but, feeling accountable to the other group members helps keep me challenged and on track. I appreciate the insights, support, and encouragement of our team!

Here are my current stats as we start September:

User name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Female age 55; Height 5’4” tall
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 127.8
    CW: 126.8 (as of 8/25; fluctuating 125.2-127.0)
    SW: 168
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit Team Members!! :)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    AND WITH THAT, WE'VE COMPLETED THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST
    winners-2020.png

ql92ag2hn24v.png

vjsciew4fo44.png

OUR WINNING TEAMS

By Percent
    yj04nhrgzosb.png

By Pounds
    62g8k8n91rb5.png

OUR WINNING MEMBERS

By Percent
    95zb78owthin.png

By Pounds
    62ax9j350lm4.png

ti600kvgssyn.png

YOUR TEAM'S BIGGEST LOSERS (WINNERS)

4n4si1tadqbu.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    grandfinale.jpg

4dz5p9ezvsu6.png

ztgfvfb8pys1.png

OUR TEAM WINNERS

By Percentage

1wlajck3o452.png

By Pounds

b1p0pwy74cao.png

OUR INDIVIDUAL WINNERS

By Percentage

2f0ee0tm58po.png

By Pounds

slw1s4ki1tnn.png
    932qfrx3ipvm.png
    p3j5en2wqqny.png

YOUR TEAM'S WINNERS

1o9kqb6v2s75.png
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Username: richardsamuel403
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 99.3kg
    CW: 98.2kg

Hi guys, had a good week this week; managed to get a lot of exercise in and stayed within my calorie goals (mostly).

Great job and great loss!
This discussion has been closed.