Shrinking Assets - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @bionicpuffy! We’re happy you’re part of the team, too!

@sigma3girl - “Back in the game” is a nice active place to be. Slowly but surely! … means you’re ‘achieving your desired results gradually and reliably rather than quickly and spectacularly.’

That sounds like a good approach to me, especially for maintaining long term results.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I have been more focused this week than in weeks past, but far from perfection! Several months ago, @Be_theBest_Me noticed that I seem to binge every Wednesday. I didn't think much about it, but she is totally right. I have NO CLUE what is up about Wednesday, but I do. I will eat the corners off the house if I can. I did it again this week. I had communicated with a group member that I was looking at a potential 3-4 lb loss this week. I took a peek today and I will be lucky to have 2 - unless something happens in the next 24! This is ok. It is part of the learning process and something I must figure out.

I am looking for low cal dessert alternatives. I have an incredible sweet tooth that I cannot seem to manage. All suggestions are appreciated!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi Team!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I have been more focused this week than in weeks past, but far from perfection! Several months ago, @Be_theBest_Me noticed that I seem to binge every Wednesday. I didn't think much about it, but she is totally right. I have NO CLUE what is up about Wednesday, but I do. I will eat the corners off the house if I can. I did it again this week. I had communicated with a group member that I was looking at a potential 3-4 lb loss this week. I took a peek today and I will be lucky to have 2 - unless something happens in the next 24! This is ok. It is part of the learning process and something I must figure out.

I am looking for low cal dessert alternatives. I have an incredible sweet tooth that I cannot seem to manage. All suggestions are appreciated!!

For me, I prefer to do my own baking, that way I am able to control the sugar
    Love banana bread, but instead of adding say 1 cup of sugar - I will reduce it down to 1/4 cup or even a couple tablespoons.
    Bananas are sweet and if you also add in raisins, there is no need to use all that sugar
    I have cut back on sugar, that I really do not need it, now if that was real butter, we would have a problem. There is nothing that beats having good quality butter
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Marni3369 wrote: »
    Marni3369

PW: 251
    CW: 249.2

My weight fluctuated a lot last week and I can't figure out why.

Wooo hooooo! Under 250!!! What a great milestone
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Jazzadesigns
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 219.2 (-0.6) 8/31/21

@Beka3695 saw your weigh in reminder. Saturday is my weigh in day so I planned on posting tomorrow. Not sure if I missed one or not. Thanks!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Anniesquats100
    Friday

Pw 168
    Cw 169.3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @ashleymullo6195 - We each pick a day of the week that works for us. I just checked the September spreadsheet and it looks as though you’re scheduled for Thursday. So, you can send a weigh-in update like this:

Name: ashleymullo6195
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight (PW): 157
    Current Weight (CW): [INSERT CW HERE]

Optional: Starting Weight (SW).

I think that’s everything but I’ll rely on Beka or the other group members to correct anything I got wrong here. Welcome to the group!

UPDATE: I’m hoping I can link to the correct instructions page here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10778707/f2f-guidelines-and-weigh-in-format#latest
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Teammates-
    I want to give a shout out to the habit tracker google sheet! (It is linked toward the beginning of this thread.) I'be been using it this week and like seeing all of the checkmarks. :)
    Highly recommend and thank you to whomever set it up.
    ~bionic
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    September Week 1
    PW: 152.6
    CW: 151.8
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »