Chat Cafe

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    1qvngqug0go5.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Good evening friends. It's a cold day here and I am all rugged up in my living room.

Judith, sorry to hear you had problems logging in to MFP. I often have trouble on here too. I hope the setbacks in your health are now behind you and the Dr has given you some specific instructions. It's a long road for you. I know you have to take it step by step. 💕🙏

Linda, it would be difficult living between two places when hubby needs medical advice. I sure hope everything gets sorted out for him. I am sorry to hear you have a friend going through a difficult divorce too. Your friendship we I'll be a blessing to that friend for sure.

Marilyn, lovely quote. I hope you are healing well.

I am m still coughing and tired so am trying to get some extra rest. It's too easy to get chilled to the bone and shiver. I thought I was more recovered than I seem to actually be. I'll get there.
  • Marilynsretired
    a6ia7ep1p3b9.jpg
  • LosinSusin
    Just a quick post to touch base. It's cold here. I am planning to make some cards today.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    We made it over the mountain today with only a few spots of traffic. When we travel we usually read a book together (I read and he listens) but this time he told me that it made him too anxious to listen. His body is re-adjusting from the stress reaction he had last week. It will be really quiet in our house for a while. He can not listen to the radio (especially music), watch TV or have loud noises around him right now. He thinks he will be OK when the grandkids come but if not, I will keep them entertained in another room. We stopped by an orchard on our way into Grand Junction and bought some peaches. They smelled so good as we drove the rest of the way home. They are "seconds" so they were not as expensive but they still taste delicious! Our daughter and grandkids will be here on Saturday so I am sure if we have not eaten them all, they will eat the rest of them. They do love fruit.

Susan - after I was recovering from the worst part of Covid, I remember thinking that I should be feeling more energy sooner than it happened. Your body has been through a lot and it takes time to heal. You also were really busy with your Sister for a week. Take time to rest wrapped up in a nice warm blanket in your cold weather.

Marilyn and Judith - prayers for healing and relief of pain. I'm glad you are both feeling somewhat better.

Jo - it is good to hear from you when you post.
  • Marilynsretired
    edited August 2022

iumd02z9jbet.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith - I am praying for a safe trip into Vancouver and a good visit with the surgeon. Have you started your mouth stretching exercises yet?

During the night my brain gets so confused. I have slept in three different beds in the past 4 days. I wake up not knowing where I am. I need a memory board like we used for the Alzheimers/dementia patients. It told them what day it was, what the temperature was, where they were, what activity was next, ect. I can see how helpful this was to them now.

We have a bumper crop of tomatoes since we were gone three weeks. We especially have a lot of cherry tomatoes. Some of our regular tomatoes are 5 inches accross and are wonderful to fit on a hamburger sandwich. If you all were closer, I would gladly share with you!

I'm sorry I mentioned "Jo" yesterday in my post. That was meant for another group but I guess I was confused during the day as well as during the night. 😀
  • LosinSusin
    Linda, we all get a little mixed up sometimes! I can understand how you would have to think in the mornings about where you are. I do too, not so much at home but especially when we travel. I did that for awhile when we sold up and moved, too. I can also understand hubby being distracted/anxious by noise, thinking about more than one thing at a time, etc. I am finding the same thing along with that fatigue. Thank you for your insights about recovery from Covid. I'll try to be more patient.

Yesterday I tried to craft. I couldn't feel creative so used my stash of already made cards to send to the birthday folk and to thank someone. I hope I can concentrate better again soon. It's weird for me not to be able to feel like making cards. There's a Christmas market here at the Village in November and I really need to get prepared to run a stall. I'll try to craft another day. Today it is cold and cloudy. It's hard to stay warm.

Judith, thinking of you and hoping your appointments are going well. Healing is a long process. Sending prayers and love.

Marilyn, hoping you are feeling better day by day.

God bless you all.

• Marilynsretired
    r40hzhrw7ibn.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    More thunder and lightning last night but no rain other than a few sprinkles.

My husband recieved a notice for jury duty in the mail for next week a few weeks ago. We were trying to figure out how to work that into our schedule because we were not planning on being in Denver for that time. The problem is that just because you get a notice, you might not be needed but you do not know until the day before. Along with all the stress at the conference on my husband's mind, this was also on his mind. He was able to talk to his doctor and have him write a letter saying being on a jury at this time is not good for his mental health. Today we recieved a notice that he is not required to go to the court house on that day. We are rejoicing for this reprieve and we no longer need to go back to Denver. I have had to appear at the courthouse several times but only had to serve on the jury once. It was for a week so I missed work but my company paid for my time. That week the state surveyors were there. This is a time of great anxiety for all staff as the surveyors go over all your paperwork and observe all you do and try to find things wrong and then fine you for them. I was so glad to not be there during that time!
  • LosinSusin
    Wow, Linda, that's a lot of stress to be under especially just after your husband's health scare. I am glad they excused him from jury duty. Now you can relax a bit. Hope the inspection from the auditors goes well. My job teaching required multiple layers of auditing and fined for not doing something right so I get that. If we made a mistake, they penalised the whole college.
  • LosinSusin
    Marilyn, I agree, we don't realise what we're modelling for our kids. I would add to that list, how we treat our own parents/ family too.
  • LosinSusin
    I'm having a slow day here. It's wet and dreary and I have little energy again. I did make it to the craft room yesterday and made one card. I need to make heaps more for the Christmas market, and I did order candy canes and lollipops yesterday to make stocking stuffers. I need to find some simple but nice designs for Christmas cards so will be browsing my craft sites for ideas today too.

81nfn81teznj.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    q92fk3zrcvvh.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    edited August 2022
    Today is international left hand day. Are any of you left handed? My grandmother, brother and granddaughter are/were all lefthanded. My grandmother had a stroke on her left side and was unable to write so she taught herself to write righthanded when she was in her 80's. She was a remarkable woman. I have many good memories of playing in her house,

MFP does not give the teams people are on like Spark people did. I do miss that feature. I am on two teams - this one and Marilyn's Healthy Lifestyle one. I have previously been on the 5% team and several others that no longer exist. How many other teams are the rest of you on?
  • Marilynsretired
    Teams I am on - what I did was I have listed the team on my profile page should anyone be interested in any of them.
  • LosinSusin
    I'm on Team Keto! consistently. I only really check in there and here though there are two more teams I am still a member. I won't list them as I have not been checking in with them.

No one in the family is left-handed so far though we are wondering if our 7yo granddaughter is ambidextrous. She has learning difficulties so they are encouraging her to use whatever hand she prefers at the time.

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good Morning All 😊

Linda, I am sure you are happy to be back home. Hope you have a good and safe trip to Grand Junction and get a good rest and get refreshed in your mind body and spirit after all the busyness past 2 weeks. . Keeping your husband in prayer and trusting he will get some rest. It’s hard when you are active to slow down.

Susan: hope you are rested up and feeling better after your sister back home. So happy you had family with you, it’s always great when grandkids come but they sure can tire you out.

Marilyn, how are you doing? Praying for you that kidney function tests will show much improvement and I join with Linda that the stones will pass gently and quickly. Praying for a speedy healing for you.

Sunday Blessings all, enjoy your Church Services and your day! God Bless.
  • Marilynsretired
    uiv860c18kd3.jpg
  • Healthyme7410
    edited August 2022
    Well we have been in Grand Junction since Wednesday and now are packing for another trip. I know, it is crazy but it is the last trip that we have planned until September. Our daughter and two grandkids came over yesterday and we are going up to the cabin in the mountain for a week. It will be good to get away from all the city noise and have some peace and quiet especially for my husband. He still can not be around a lot of noise or a lot of people. We have told the grandkids that they need to be as quiet as they can and that Grandpa may have to take time away napping during the day. They really play well together and will be outside for alot of the time. There is predicted rain but it probaby will not be a lot each day. I will try to check in periodically because we have better cell service at the cabin than we do at the trailer but know I am thinking about you all and praying if you do not hear from me.

Judith - any news from the surgeon's appointment in Vancover this past week?