Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    Being steadfast in our beliefs will help keep us on the straight and narrow instead of "loops" of distracting trails that lead us nowhere.

LOOPS
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited June 2023
    Indeed we need to keep on the straight and narrow so we don’t get trapped in the SPOOL of deception leading us far away from God! 😞
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,351 Member
    Spool reminds me of fishing line. Jesus said to Simon and Andrew, "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men". They followed Him. Did the fish they left behind spoil?

SPOIL
  • Healthyme7410
    That is a good question. I think to avoid the fish from spoiling, they "split" the fish among all the workers to take home for a lovely dinner.

SPLIT
  • 316Judith
    That was very generous of them to split the fish amongst each other.

Did they SPILL any fragments on the ground when they SPLIT the fish with each other?

SPILL
  • Healthyme7410
    That is a good question. As far as I know, no fragments were spilled or spoiled because each family decided to "sit for a spell" and enjoy each others company. As they talked, they were able to snack on the fragments that were left until they were all gone.

SPELL (in case you have not heard this old saying ("sit for a spell"), it is popular in the Southern states that means, let's just sit for a while and tell stories and enjoy our time together).
  • JC_Willow
    "Sit for a Spell" is/was common in the North as well...thanks for the memory! By the way, I found a very unique "shell" yesterday, would you like to see it?

SHELL
  • Healthyme7410
    I would love to see your unique shell. How long "shall" I have to wait to see it?? I am "sitting on pins and needles" (another old saying) waiting to see it or hear a description of it.

SHALL
  • 316Judith
    Haha all of those sayings were popular in my area too.. yes I want to see this unique Shell as I have been sitting for a SPELL… 😁
    I wonder how many HALLS I have to go down to reach the room the unique SHELL is stored in?

HALLS
  • JC_Willow
    edited June 2023
    My shell is missing! I shall keep looking but someone told me she saw it on the move in one of the halls! Apparently the critter was still inside and took off like a flash as soon as I put the light out! Sorry to disappoint!

FLASH
  • Healthyme7410
    That is one fast shell! I can not go that fast even in my dreams. The "flesh" inside of that shell is amazing to go like a flash.

FLESH
  • JC_Willow
    Yes, the flesh who shall remain anonymous ran through the halls faster than lightning, or so the story goes. Had I known, I would have bought a leash!

LEASH
  • 316Judith
    Yes smart move, for sure will need a leash with all that running down the halls! I wonder will the leash slow her down or in the end be forced to pause, rest “Selah” for a spell! 😁

SELAH
  • Healthyme7410
    A Selah sounds good to me right now. All this running down halls without a leash could cause some wounds to appear. I hope it "heals" up quickly if there are any (and if you can catch it).

HEALS
  • JC_Willow
    LOL, I can relate! My "heels/heals" are not as fast as the flesh running through the halls without a leash. Even another selah will not give me the speed I need on these slippery, slate halls.

SLATE
  • Healthyme7410
    Watch the weather closely - water and especially "sleet" on a slate hall can be very slippery when chasing a shell through the halls wihtout a leash.

SLEET
  • 316Judith
    Wow the weather is sure changing, with Slate floors and now Sleet it’s not a good mix for the Shell running through the hallways. What can we do? I think we will have to SLEEP on it and come back with a better plan 😁

SLEEP
  • JC_Willow
    Good Morning Friends! It's a new day and no sign of sleet as I look out the window. That was good advice to sleep on it. I hope you both slept well!?!

SLEPT
  • Healthyme7410
    Actually I slept well as long as the "pesty" mosquitoes left us alone. We were sleeping outside under the stars since the weather changed so drastically.

• 316Judith
    Yup those mosquitoes are peaty, they sure are testy!

Testy