Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    I love the look of the hedge. It has nicely trimed "edges" that go for miles.

EDGES
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,352 Member
    edited June 2023
    Yes, the hedge has nicely trimmed edges, thanks to the skill of the elderly swede ....the chief gardener for 30 years.

SWEDE
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited June 2023
    Ok girls sounds like a plan, so all being well we all will meet at the Green Hedge…however we have a problem, the gardeners have been busy and put a WEDGE of decorative stone making a pathway to the Green Hedge so it’s view is partially obstructed now! Any other suggestions?

WEDGE
  • Healthyme7410
    I noticed the wedge of decorative stone near the green hedge and thought maybe if the area in front of the path was weeded a bit, we might get a better view. The "weeds" have grown quite high with the latest rain we had last week.

WEEDS
  • JC_Willow
    I telephoned the secretary to the Swede and told her about the wedge hiding the hedge. She said to thank the gal who noticed the weeds. They have an organic herbicide they will use with speed...problem solved! :D

SPEED
  • Healthyme7410
    I am glad that they will use speed to get this weeding done that obstructs the edged hedge. Will they be riding a big strong "steed" or use a machine?

STEED
  • JC_Willow
    LOL, using a steed with speed would surely be a sight to see! The yummy hay field near the barn might be a tease though and the steed could lose some of its speed!

TEASE
  • 316Judith
    Yes so true, I can just see that Steed stopping at the barn munching on the hay, yes that hay is placed front and center teasing that poor steed, not much weeding will get done today, so I guess you might say the steed eating the hay will STEAL the show 😁

STEAL
  • Healthyme7410
    That would be sad for the Steed to not be able to eat the delicious hay when he was in close proximity to it but if the rider "leads" him gently, he might be able to get him over to the place he needs to work with a sugar cube.

LEADS
  • JC_Willow
    A gentle rider will steal the show with sugar cube kindness! If he leads the steed near us, we could offer him some of our stale bread from lunch!

STALE
  • Healthyme7410
    I have not heard of horses eating stale bread but it might be worth a try. Did anyone save any celery from our lunch? The horse would like a "stalk" of that I am sure.
  • 316Judith
    Yes I’m sure he would like a stalk of Celery, but if not maybe we could STALL the munching of the celery sticks so there is more for later after he finishes his work!

STALL
  • JC_Willow
    A stalk of celery is a great idea and a much healthier choice than stale bread! Good idea to stall the celery until the work is done. Maybe start with a small piece to let him know what he has to look forward to when he is finished.

SMALL
  • Healthyme7410
    Horses are very strong so maybe with a small piece of the stalk of celery we gave him, he will work very fast having the "smell" of the celery in his memory.

SMELL
  • 316Judith
    Yes Horses are strong however this poor horse must be overworked as he picked up a SHELL instead of Celery but sure spit it out when he realized he couldn’t eat a SHELL

SHELL
  • JC_Willow
    A small snail can smell badly if it dies inside of its shell! A clothespin to pinch your nose helps a lot!!

HELPS
  • Healthyme7410
    Ouch! A clothespin on my nose is useful but not comfortable. You will hear my "yelps" in pain if I do that. I will just wear a heavy cloth over my nose or stay away from the smell.

YELPS
  • 316Judith
    Maybe we all should have some fun and watch the PLAYS of the week instead of guarding our Noses from smelling the dead snail!

PLAYS
  • JC_Willow
    Goodness, we do not want to hear yelps of pain from anyone! The word yelps reminds me of the app called Yelp, a resource that helps with information in various categories. Perhaps they will have a list of Plays in the area. I am happy to do some research but first I need some soapy water to wash my hands.

SOAPY
  • 316Judith
    How did your research go, and I gotbto thinking, you said you were going to wash your hands with soapy water, with all that Soapy water we probably could use a Spray to wash the soap away so I bought a Water Spray for you to use next time.

SPRAY