Prayer Requests for 2024

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    I'm so sorry about the permanent nerve damage, Judith. ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ™

JC I love that thought. Tomorrow God is already there...
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,578 Member
    Thank you JC, Linda and Susanโ€ฆ
  • 316Judith
    edited July 17
    Evening Hello All

I was supposed to see my Surgeon this Thursday July 18th and his assistant called to tell me he has COVID really bad and my appointment is now re- scheduled for Thursday July 25th.

Please pray for my Surgeon, thank you!
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,520 Member
    I'm sorry that you appointment was canceled but am glad that you did not go and get COVID either. You do not need another complication in your life! I will be praying for your surgeon.
  • LosinSusin
    ๐Ÿ™
  • 316Judith
    Good Morning

Wednesdays Flood (July 10)
    Regarding the Repairs that are Required!

Canstar the restoration company are coming today to extract rest of water from carpets and will deodorize and clean all the carpets in my entire suite.

Next week they come back to cut out the entire ceiling in Bathroom & replace drywall and insulation and replace support frames/beams that have been damaged from water saturation and once that is completed will repaint the ceiling.

They will replace Drywall, insulation and reinforce joist area of the ceiling in the Hallway where the water came through and will repaint once the work has been completed.

I am still waiting on the recommendations Canstar sets out regarding what work will be done on the baseboards, walls and flooring in the bathroom.

There is water inside baseboards/walls in the bathroom and there is water underneath the floor that still needs to dry. Right now they need to get the ceiling repaired first as it is far more serious.

I will keep you updated on the extent of work that needs doing on the baseboards/walls and floors in the Bathroom.

Thanks all for your prayers and support! ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • LosinSusin
    That's a lot to get done, Judith. Hope all goes smoothly for you. Thank you for the updates. Xx ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ™
  • Healthyme7410
    Did they say if you will need to relocate? I hope that they can get the work done quickly. I also hope that the person who caused all this damage has learned his lesson to pay attention to details like shutting of the bath water. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • 316Judith
    Hello Everyone,
    As you know I was here posting on our group threads morning and afternoon and said Iโ€™d try and come back when I knew something more.

Late today towards supper hour Canstar came. They were here for a very long time extracting water out of carpets, the water was all underneath the carpets and as they extracted it was a filthy mess, so grungy and really was bad. They deodorized several times and extracted water several times. Then they cleaned the carpets in every room. They went over them several times. The water had seeped through from flooring and baseboards and basically spread thru entire suite thatโ€™s why so messy! They told me it takes 6 to 8 hours to dry throughly!

Sometime in next 2 weeks they do ceiling in bathroom and hallway, my suite will be covered in tarp to protect the carpets. They said I can stay in my apartment, one day the bathroom shower area wonโ€™t have water access. That morning I can take a sponge bath at sink. I would rather stay here while work is being done as I have a lot of antique collectibles as well as Bone China and Crystal in all of my China Cabinets and Curio cabinets. Then of course not many places I can take my Baby Girl โ€œMiss Sunshineโ€ so itโ€™s best I stay here.

I still am waiting on what they are going to do about baseboards and flooring. Decisions havenโ€™t been made as yet!

Thank you all for your prayers and your love and kindness. Know I love you much and am so thankful God has given me such wonderful Sisters and Friends; God is Good! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‡
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,334 Member
    <3 ๐Ÿ™ <3
  • LosinSusin
    Glad you can stay in your home, Judith. Glad they are acting so quickly. I hope you don't get too disrupted with all the cleaning and repairing going on around you. Hugs!
  • 316Judith
    Update, talked to the Insurance adjuster and Manager. I still may have to leave. Adjuster sent me the report Canstar wrote and pictures of my suite and I got few more areas that got soaked with dirty water as the water travelled down and hit areas Canstar initially thought I didnโ€™t get. As the water is drying within walls ceilings it is showing up in my suite.

Tuesday Canstar and Building project manager are going to look at everything again and let my Insurance know how safe it is for me to stay.

Unfortunately some of the carpet stains did not come out in the cleaning and a strip in the kitchen flooring is coming up. It seems as things settle other stuff show up. Just have to leave this in Godโ€™s Hands!
  • LosinSusin
    Water can be so destructive, Judith. I'm sorry things keep changing. It must be so stressful. Keep updating us and trusting in the Lord. Hugs!
  • 316Judith
    ThNk you Susan, in the morning I have Canstar and property management coming in for another evaluation. Will report to you when I know more.
  • LosinSusin
    That will be good, Judith.

I found a global prayer request should anyone wish to take it on. I am going to try and remember to pray for a minute at 3pm here:

During World War II, a group of people would stop whatever they were doing at a certain time each night to pray for peace, safety and security of everyone. They did this every day and it was as if the city stood still, such was the power of prayer. The result was so overwhelming that the bombing was stopped after a short time! Now again some are organizing, a group of people globally, to spend a minute praying for the security of our countries, for an end to the problems that oppress and suppress us, and for God to guide the decisions of our rulers. We will meet at the following times:

India 9 pm

Germany 4 pm

Austria 4 pm

Spain 4 pm

Portugal 3 pm

Canary Islands 3pm

Costa Rica 8 pm

Colombia 7pm

Nicaragua 8pm

Ecuador 7pm

Guatemala 8pm

Mexico 8 pm

Panama 7 pm

Honduras 6 pm

El Salvador 8pm

Venezuela 6 pm

Uruguay 5 pm

Paraguay 5 pm

Brazil 6 pm

Argentina 5 pm

Chile 5 pm

Italy 4 pm

Australia 2pm

U.S. 1pm

Canada 12nn

Singapore 9pm

Thailand 9pm

Korea 9pm

HK/ Taiwan 10pm

Philippines 11pm

Please support us in this initiative. We will pause for a minute each day at the appointed time to pray for world peace, for an end to conflict and for the restoration of tranquility to all people on the earth, and for families to look to God for their safety and to see their salvation. If we understood the tremendous power of prayer, we would be amazed. If you can forward this request to your contacts, we can work a miracle with our prayer. Set the alarm on your phone every day at the time set for your country and pray for one minute for peace ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™. The power of collective prayers is amazing! Let us try and pray at the given time.

PLEASE FORWARD/SHARE๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

The Australian Project
  • Healthyme7410
    thank-you Susan for this information. Prayer is vital and powerful especially when people gather together with one mind to ask for God's intervention. We need Him so much right now.
  • 316Judith
    Amen Susan and Linda, there is an Organization Called: Every Home for Christ and they send out a monthly calendar that you pray for the Countries of the world.

I will join you and pray for the Country that is listed!
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello

I was at my Surgeon Follow up appointment and had treatment. He removed the diseased skin. We discussed about the treatment I had and now had to be off to allow my body to rest and recover from the toxic meds I was on for 6 weeks. He asked me when I see my Derma-Oncologist again, it is in September. My Surgeon said that even though this med didnโ€™t seem to work he indicated my Oncologist would try another and hope it would do the job of killing the cancer cells.

My Surgeon said he would continue with removing the diseased skin that continues to pool and bubble into excessive build up of disease.

He sees me into 2 weeks August 8th.

Spoke to the property manager about the repairs that need to be done. The inside ceilings are still drying out, what they have done as of today, on 3rd and 2nd floors they drilled into the floors to ceilings sucked out more moisture put in a antibacterial type solution spraying the whole area so now we let it dry, then they start on 3rd floor with replacing floors cabinets and walls all that has been damaged working their way down to finally my suite.

A report is coming Tuesday and then I will hear from them and know the time frame of when we all need to be out of our suites and work proceeds ahead. Will let you know once I get the
    report next week.

Thank you for your prayers!
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,334 Member
    Following this thread, love and prayers to all, JC <3 ๐Ÿ™ <3
  • LosinSusin
    Judith and Linda, thank you for praying for the world. JC, good to see you here. Thank you for praying too.

Judith, praying for you with your health challenges and building repairs.