Prayer Requests for 2024

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,520 Member
    Judith - I pray that the oncologist will find something that will be effective in killing the cancer cells. It sounds like it may be a little while before they get to your apartment if they are starting with the third floor first. Did the flooding affect any other apartments on the sides of the apartment where the flooding started or did it just go straight down? Praying for resolution.
  • Paraest
    Paraest Posts: 564 Member
    When I first read this discussion & with seeing 2021 I thought it was old. I didn’t realize I had to go to page 18.
    Prayers Judith especially wisdom for the drs. That they can kill your cancer cells. Plus your apartment with building repairs.

I should hear from the dr this week on my biopsy. I’m praying benign. Dr thinks any spotting is from my LSC. Which I thought all along.
    I started stronger meds last night. Pray that LSC goes away. Of course I can’t put any cream on the stitch. The stitch can take 4-6 weeks to dissolve. Fun.
    Thank you for the 🙏🏻s.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    Praying for you both, Judith and Barb.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,578 Member
    Continue to pray for you Barb, let us know the test results when you can. Praying for a miracle of healing for you Barb! 🙏❤️ Appreciate your prayers too!

Thank you Susan and Linda for your prayers.

Love you all and my prayers are with you always!
  • 316Judith
    Hello Everyone,

Tuesday and Wednesday I am meeting with Property Owner Management and Building Manager discussing when the work will start here and what has to be moved.

Hoping I don’t have to move my entire contents out of my unit. One thing I know now is the contents of Curio and China Cabinet have to be put in boxes and all pictures off walls.

If the unit has to be packed up entirely then I will need moving company to pack and take contents out, probably placed inside the truck and parked in a friend or family’s driveway for 10 days. Then I will have to put in a claim for Moving company to pack and move out and back.

No matter what I will have to pay first $1,000 dollars out of my pocket then Insurance pays over and above my usual expenses.

Thanks for your prayers for God’s Will!
  • Healthyme7410
    Praying that the moving process will be streamlined and easy for you. Having to pay $1000 up front is quite a lot! Hugs from across the miles. 🥰
  • LosinSusin
    edited August 6
    Is that the excess charge for moving your contents out, Judith? I hope it is not for the repairs to the building! Hopefully the landlord has insurance for that. You sure did not cause the damage. Maybe the removal costs won't be so high. I know over here, moving companies will store furniture etc for short time periods at their own facility, rather than have their truck in someone's private driveway, but maybe you are hiring a truck yourself? Have you considered asking if anyone from church can help with this task at all?

Sorry for the questions. I know this is a stressful time. Praying God's will be done. Hugs.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you for the questions as reading your query Susan about if I had asked the Church, I didn’t think of that but yes I will. The $1,000 is the Deductible I pay on my Insurance, I have Fire, Flood, Earthquake and Personal liability and Personal contents for my condo.

The Building Insurance pays for all the Structural damage that has been done in each suite. And pays for the replacement of my carpeting and the suite above me. The person who caused flood is most likely liable for some of the costs, not sure what happens there.

I pay for my Moving and packing costs and if I require a truck I pay for the rental of it.

Thank you for your concerns and for your love kindness and prayers! You all are so appreciated
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,334 Member
    Following this group thread (since 2010/Spark)...doing my best to pray for all requests! 🙏❤️

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you for praying, JC. I pray for you, too.

Thank you for thd update in your suite, Judith. I understand more now. 🙏

My own request is for Colin's Osteoporotic spine to strengthen and there be no stress crush fractures in it.
  • 316Judith
    Susan, my prayers are with Colin trusting that his spine will strengthen and further investigation won’t find any fractures or any other injury in his spine. I am also praying for Wisdom and Guidance for Colin’s Doctors and of course I’m praying for complete healing and for all pain to be gone in Jesus Name! 🙏✝️

Thank you for your prayers! God Bless you. Please keep us posted on how Colin is doing!
  • Paraest
    Prayers for Judith, Prayers for Colin and his back. God can heal and make miracles
    Prayers for all.
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you for praying, dear friends. 💕🙏
  • 316Judith
    Evening Hello Everyone

I was at my Surgeon follow up appointment yesterday. My Surgeon is quite concerned about my lips and face as the last treatment I was on for 6 weeks has not addressed the disease. Every 2 weeks I see him and he removes the excess diseased skin that has formed in layers from all the pooling and bubbling that has taken place. He said my Oncologist will likely start another treatment plan which my Surgeon feels will be better. In the meantime he removes the diseased skin every 2 weeks. This is not a comfortable procedure. My next treatment is on August 22nd from 10 to 12 Noon. Yes a long appointment.

I thank God for giving me His Strength & Peace as I go through these treatments. God is Good!

Thank you for your Prayers & for your Valued Friendship in which I thank God. 🙏❤️
  • JC_Willow
    JC_Willow Posts: 4,334 Member
    Thank You for the update Judith! That is a very long time to endure the very uncomfortable skin removal...so sorry you are going through so much physically and all the other life difficulties w the flood yet you still manage to dwell in Him and support others...Will keep praying..🙏❤️
  • Paraest
    Oh Judith. We all are praying. Here i am stressing out seeing a retina eye dr & look what you are going thru. I have a thing about eyes. & light bothers them. Sensitive eyes to sunlight. God knows. We can both claim Philippines 4:13 our oldest favorite verse.
    Praying for you. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Healthyme7410
    Thanks for the update Judith. I am glad there is an alternative treatment that will be more effective and less trauma to your skin. I assume they use some form of pain control before he does the cutting. My M-I-L had ulcers on her legs and they put lidocaine gel on her skin before debriding her ulcers.
  • 316Judith
    edited August 11
    Linda, To correct my posting so you know what was really said: I probably was not clear but this is what he said!

Actually my Surgeon said there were other meds and “hoped” they would work better but said my Oncologist knows better. No guarantee.

So I trust the Lord.

And when he removes the diseased skin there is no freezing, he lifts with forceps and pulls the loosened skin away if it doesn’t pull away he cuts the lifted skin off and leaves the rest until next
    time. It’s not comfortable but I can handle it.

Thanks all for praying: Bottom Line Jesus is my Healer. 🙏✝️
  • 316Judith
    Added Correction and Update

I haven’t started any new treatment yet. Every 2 weeks I undergo treatment procedures to remove diseased skin by my Surgeon. He is following Oncologist instructions.

And if my Oncologist orders any new treatment it can’t be started until the end of September maybe later as the one I was on for 6 weeks was extremely toxic to Liver and the enzymes the Liver produces! As you know that treatment was not effective in removing the diseased skin.

My Oncologist said my body had to rest for 2 months and then would see me and check skin do some scans and go from there.

I will keep you all posted! 🙏✝️😊

Thank you for all your prayers and your love and support! You are so appreciated! ❤️
  • LosinSusin
    You have my support and prayers too, Judith. I can only imagine what you are going through every two weeks, with painful healing in between....sending many gentle hugs.

Barb, praying about your eyes. My sister has been legally blind since birth and has talked to me about her feelings about her sight. Our eyes are so important...hugs for you, too.