Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. We are going to my in-laws this afternoon. It was thrown together last minute but everyone can make it! I even made time to make crustless pumpkin pies for my celiac mother-in-law. Hope you are all having a super Sunday!

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I would love to have a crustless pumpkin pie. That is wonderful that everyone could make it.

@brandi_84 Thank you, Brandi. The recipe was really easy; I found it on-line under "delish" after googling crustless pumpkin pie.

@HASWLRS Happy Thanksgiving! It's funny, as much as I like pumpkin everything else I do not like pumpkin pie. Weird. 🤷‍♀️
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20lbs by Valentine's Day. Five pounds each month for 4 months. This is probably a bad time to try it, as the holidays are coming up. I have to be very strict and very disciplined. I need to start really being serious. I am afraid if I don't the holidays are going to really cause my eating to get out of control and I am just going to gain more. This cannot happen.

I have know that I am overweight but seeing a picture of myself and seeing that it looked like an inner tube under my shirt and seeing how the clothes looked on me , just really has upset me. I know I can do this. I just have to put in real effort, starting to day.

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20lbs by Valentine's Day. Five pounds each month for 4 months. This is probably a bad time to try it, as the holidays are coming up. I have to be very strict and very disciplined. I need to start really being serious. I am afraid if I don't the holidays are going to really cause my eating to get out of control and I am just going to gain more. This cannot happen.

I have know that I am overweight but seeing a picture of myself and seeing that it looked like an inner tube under my shirt and seeing how the clothes looked on me , just really has upset me. I know I can do this. I just have to put in real effort, starting to day.

@brandi_84 Brandi, I feel your pain and I can empathize. I know I will be cringing looking at the pictures from my upcoming trip. Maybe this is your "ah ha" moment, or your wake up call, or whatever you want to name it. Embrace it! Keep your "why's" close at hand. 20 pounds by Valentine's Day is so doable. I will join you in that Challenge once I return. And we have to put this in the frame of a lifestyle change, something we can, and want to, do every day. I mean, we have to eat every day; why not make better choices? And exercise is good for us every day; why not aim for x number of minutes daily? (I know I waste many more than x number of minutes on a daily basis!) Or, even if it is not formal exercise, I know I can be more active and more productive around my home, which will improve my mood, which can only improve my motivation to lose weight!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. We are going to my in-laws this afternoon. It was thrown together last minute but everyone can make it! I even made time to make crustless pumpkin pies for my celiac mother-in-law. Hope you are all having a super Sunday!

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I would love to have a crustless pumpkin pie. That is wonderful that everyone could make it.

@brandi_84 Thank you, Brandi. The recipe was really easy; I found it on-line under "delish" after googling crustless pumpkin pie.

@HASWLRS Happy Thanksgiving! It's funny, as much as I like pumpkin everything else I do not like pumpkin pie. Weird. 🤷‍♀️

@DaffyGirl88 I am assuming, then, that it is a texture thing. Do you like pumpkin muffins, cheesecake and soup?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    MINI ULTIMATE ACCOUNTABILITY CHALLENGE - OCTOBER WEEK #1
    (Sunday the 3rd to Saturday the 9th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 "yes" days

@cmhubbard92 (6)

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 "yes" days

@ashleymullo6195 (4)
    @DaffyGirl88 (4)

Attempted

@murdog3t (3)
    @rawrxamberx (3)
    @thedestar (2)
    @kristiekay1962

Well, we had one Winner for the first week of October. Congratulations, Christine, on your strong start to the month!!

I will do the results for week #2 and week #3 at the same time, when I return.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I hope you have a wonderful, safe trip! I can't wait to hear all about it! :)
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    11/10
    Ashleymullo6195
    Excersize - yes
    Logged food - yes
    Under calories - yes

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/10
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: no
    under calories: no
    exercise: no
    Steps : 3206
    Water: 96

Yesterday: 10/10, WWD 1, ✅7000steps 🚶‍♀️❌, 18 hr IF ✅, read bible plan🧎‍♀️❌, read 2 chapters📚❌, Daily calm🧘‍♀️✅, walk 30 min, ❌sleep 💤 8 hr, ✅
    Rest day Not feeling well have had a migraine since Friday

Just for today 10/11, WWD 1, 7000steps 🚶‍♀️, 18 hr IF , read bible plan🧎‍♀️, read 2 chapters📚, Daily calm🧘‍♀️, walk 30 min, sleep 💤 8 hr,
    3 minutes planks,
    PT, MuTu W1D1,
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Monday October 11, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 10,261
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    Lisa, Enjoy the time with your son. I'll be looking forward to your return and I can't wait to hear all about it. Keep safe.

When you get back I'll be holding you to joining my -20lb challenge.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    Lisa, Enjoy the time with your son. I'll be looking forward to your return and I can't wait to hear all about it. Keep safe.

When you get back I'll be holding you to joining my -20lb challenge.

@brandi-84 Please do!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @murdog3t Feel better, Tami! (hugs)
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Oct. 11
    track: yes
    under: no
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 17 min.
    steps: 9234
  • kristiekay1962
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Oct. 11, Monday
    WT: 187.4
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 11 October
    Track: no
    Under: probably not (see above)
    Exercise: no, travel day

Back from visiting my son and looking forward eating normal again.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

@DaffyGirl88 I am assuming, then, that it is a texture thing. Do you like pumpkin muffins, cheesecake and soup?

@HASWLRS I love pumpkin muffins and bread, I make bread every year after Halloween with our display pumpkin. Yummmmmm... I haven't had either cheesecake or soup, but I have had cookies and ice cream. Both delicious!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I put the Stridekick app on my phone. I am HASWLRS. When I come back I will look forward to some step challenges!!

@cmhubbard92 and @HASWLRS and anyone else out there that I'm friends with on Fitbit, I have created an account on Stridekick also and am DaffyGirl88. I can't sync my FB right now because it isn't accepting my pw. 😕. I will try and fix it after I get back home and find the post-it that I scribbled it on. 😁. Not up to creating a new one right now and changing it across the board. 😁

@cmhubbard92 and @HASWLRS I successfully linked my accounts, game on!! :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    is it ok to please be excused from this weeks Thursday weigh in please? I won't have any scales. thanks
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Tuesday October 12, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 7,035
  • kristiekay1962