Team: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.
ยซ13456715

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT and a warm welcome to our newcomers!!

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc). At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently?!

The October Challenge and the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge start on Sunday October 3rd.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    Good morning TBBT! I'm Christine, a member of TBBT from Feb. 2019-August 2021, and am returning after a month away from the challenge! I can say that the month away did not help me much at all! I am ready to start fresh again, and put some real focus back in to reach my goals!

I would like to thank you, Lisa, @HASWLRS for stepping up and taking over with the challenge last month-I peeked in a few times and you were fantastic!

@cmhubbard92 Welcome back! We missed you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I second that thank you to @HASWLRS for being a great leader! ๐Ÿ’
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 and @DaffyGirl88 Thank you, both!

Christine, I am so glad you are coming back!! It is nice to know that there is someone else there to pick up the slack if you happen to fall away for a couple of days, or if you take an extended vacation to Prague in the middle of the month! (I was waiting to inform Ashley that I was going to need assistance until I knew for sure whether or not you or Ann or Krystal were returning).
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm here.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi All! I'm here.

Yay!!
  • maryc11
    Options
    Do we still have the excel sheet to log our water and steps? I can't seem to find it so I haven't been posting to it.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Do we still have the excel sheet to log our water and steps? I can't seem to find it so I haven't been posting to it.

@maryc11 No, we don't, unless Christine is interested in doing up a new one. That is beyond my scope of knowledge.
  • maryc11
    Options
    @haswlrs ... oh, I understand. It is a lot to maintain....but I can stop looking for it, hehe.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @maryc11 I was contemplating starting it up again, but I was terrible at posting results weekly... Ideally, I would like to bump up my contribution to the team before I try balancing both again! I will try to get it set up for next month's challenge!

For those that have Apple, Fitbit, Garmin, etc. You can join Stridekick, which is an app and website that allows users of all types of step trackers to set up and participate in challenges! My username is chubbard92 if anyone wants to add me!

https://stridekick.com/
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 and DaffyGirl88 Thank you, both!

Christine, I am so glad you are coming back!! It is nice to know that there is someone else there to pick up the slack if you happen to fall away for a couple of days, or if you take an extended vacation to Prague in the middle of the month! (I was waiting to inform Ashley that I was going to need assistance until I knew for sure whether or not you or Ann or Krystal were returning).

@HASWLRS absolutely! I can't imagine how excited you must be for your trip! I'm sure you will have an amazing time! Don't worry about us while you're away!!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/02
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4910
    Water: 96

Yesterday: 10/02 WWD 6โœ…, 7000steps ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ โŒ, 18 hr IF โœ…, read bible plan๐ŸงŽโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…, read 2 chapters๐Ÿ“šโŒ, Daily calm๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธโœ…, walk 30 minโŒ, sleep ๐Ÿ’ค 8 hr, โœ…
    3 minutes planks, โœ…
    PT , darebee exercise of the day (20 staggered push-ups modified) #DAREBEE October Challenge: Daily Cardio D2, darebee workout ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ of the day(day break)

Just for today 10/03, WWD 7, 7000steps ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ , 18 hr IF , read bible plan๐ŸงŽโ€โ™€๏ธ, read 2 chapters๐Ÿ“š, Daily calm๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ, walk 30 min, sleep ๐Ÿ’ค 8 hr,
    3 minutes planks,
    PT , darebee exercise of the day ( ) #DAREBEE October Challenge: Daily Cardio D3, darebee workout ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ of the day( )
    YOA ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    10/3/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,484+ (Samsung health shows 12,028)
    Water: 64oz+

Today I took a 3hr hike which I believe was more difficult than the difficulty posted on our hiking app. It was listed as "easy" but contained many scrambles, tight walking paths, and continuous incline and declines. The rocks were everywhere, jamming into my soles. I was dreaming of my slippers, a hot bath and comfy clothes by the time I was done. My knees were definitely hating me as well. The views were gorgeous, but the noise from the highway was pretty much heard the entire time. I thought "Bald Mountain" a few months ago was rough, but this was tougher.

A coworker and I have been trying to dedicate ourselves to hiking/walking/running at least twice a week, more if our schedules and weather line up. We both are pretty much "accountability buddies" and are honest with each other when we don't do well. We can, and try, to do better!

Here are a few views from the hike we took today.
    vjg47njhtxpd.jpg
    Water reservoir

udlhthn7dpaz.jpg
    Phonelines and some of the quarry

hwwy6gdcdpwa.jpg
    The Quarry which sits to the back of another hiking area we visit... a lot more timber rattlesnakes and copperhead there... Really gets my heart racing!

dn56tc8dn02z.jpg
    A view of the next town over

5aa9itq76ajv.jpg
    One part of the inclines that didn't look like much of an incline.

ov4g5xm0uv26.jpg

To start the week, I have my lunch ready to take tomorrow, a tentative walking schedule planned for the week, and am focusing on making this week a success! Now, I just have to follow through!

Wishing all of you a wonderful first week of October!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Gorgeous photos! What a great way to spend an October afternoon, and an awesome workout to boot! Great new profile pic, too....love the shorter hair-do!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    SEPTEMBER GRAND FINALE RESULTS

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory

1st - @maryc11. - 2.12%
    2nd - @kristiekay1962. - 1.67%
    3rd - @rawrxamberx. - 1.40%

Congratulations to Mary, Kristie and Amber for being the top three Biggest Losers on team The Big Butt Theory for September! Here's to continuing that trend for October!
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER GRAND FINALE RESULTS

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory

1st - @maryc11. - 2.12%
    2nd - @kristiekay1962. - 1.67%
    3rd - @rawrxamberx. - 1.40%

Congratulations to Mary, Kristie and Amber for being the top three Biggest Losers on team The Big Butt Theory for September! Here's to continuing that trend for October!

Wow, how did that happen. Maybe, I'm burning more at work and home. Thanks, looking forward to a great month.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽƒAnd it's Halloween all month long.
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Oct. 3
    track: Yes
    under: No
    water: 9 glasses
    exercise: 32 min. (walk & stretch), also worked in the yard pulling weeds, trimming bushes, moved boxes into house, and organized garage (about 3 hours).
    steps: 11510
    ๐Ÿ’žWE CAN DO ITโฃ
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello everyone. Great to be here. Thank u for having me ๐Ÿ˜
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,671 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Great to be here. Thank u for having me ๐Ÿ˜

Welcome back @roz0810 !