WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    @DD265
    You're starting to get me to stop procrastinating about de-cluttering! I'm pretty good about clothes and general stuff, but the "haven't used in ages" category is hovering politely in the background waiting for attention. I need to make a plan and put it in my agenda so I get annoying reminders from my phone every day until it's done!

It is fun trying on things as you change size and shape, though. When I first hit my goal weight 9 years ago, my big reward was a kind of style consultation that a local clothing designer (and fun person) was offering. Her shop is a delight, but I had never dared go into a place like that before. The consultation was scary at first, but turned out to be a blast. They took my measurements, then had me go around the shop to pick out 5 things I liked and 5 things I would not wear if you paid me. They did the same. 5 things they thought would look great on me, and 5 I would be better off avoiding. It was so interesting - especially when it came to colours. They got me out of the hide-in-the-shadows colours and away from things that too well matched my grey hair. Then they talked necklines, and belts (yikes!) and other scary stuff. I left the place with a lighter wallet, but with some really cool clothes that I performed in for years, and that I still wear. I am just about to give away one skirt that is now too loose and drags on the ground, and one sundress that I don't wear anymore, but the whole experience made a difference in how I see myself. And I think I have about 15 belts now :blush:

@eggfreak
    I'm going with the new scale number. It will keep you on the straight and narrow this week!

@KellyBgetsfit
    Don't forget that working out more builds muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. As you build muscle, you retain water for a bit too - it will pass! The MOST cool thing about muscle is that it helps you burn more calories even when you're not exercising. Keep up the good work!

@kellie_erin
    Hang in there! Long days of isolation are no fun at all.

I'm heading out for a long day of raking the earth that got moved around yesterday and planting some grasses in hopes that they'll germinate before the weather turns too cold. Have a good one!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @MoStacy Sorry to hear about the knee injury, and loss of in person support. Really agree with everyone else's comments - we can help support you however you need. You will find your way!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @DD265 You have an organized structure to tackling things in your life and it is super inspiring for sure! I don't tend to have a plan and then I get overwhelmed because there are a ton of things I "should" do that I don't.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @eggfreak Glad for the pleasant surprise on the scale after your vacation - congrats!

@KellyBgetsfit Sorry for the disappointment you're feeling - it's not a great feeling to put in the hard work and not get the result you expected, but confident if you continue to stay the course you'll get there!

@kellie_erin Hope the test result comes back soon... and that this bout of illness fell at such a crappy time that should have been full of celebrating. Take care

Yesterday's exercise was:

13623 steps + 20 minutes Peloton

Last week of vacation today - off to enjoy it!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    MoStacy wrote: »
    PW: 205
    CW: 206 lbs

I am struggling… lost my support system, knee injury… I am sorry that I haven’t been a strong team member. Trying to shake, shake, shake it off.

Sending big virtual hugs and support. Like everyone else has said, no apologies! We have all been there. We all struggle. This is not easy, but we believe you can do this. Listen to your body. Give yourself grace with your injury and keep checking in here for support. We can’t actually take bad food from your hands, but we can offer support, motivation, and inspiration. We believe in you!!

@KellyBgetsfit I know it is sooooo frustrating when you have had a good week and the scale doesn’t show it. Just remember, you are MUCH more than that number on the scale. You’ve got this. You are right too! That hard work will eventually show up on the scale.

@ashleycarole86 Congratulations on yet another great loss! And coming off that long vacation. Look what you've done! You are sooo close to Onederland. Knowing you, I give it 3 weeks max!! Cute pup too!

@kellie_erin Hope you get that negative result soon.

@eggfreak Good for you. I probably would have totally gone with that new scale. Hope this week back is good for you.

No walk yet today for me, but did 27 minutes of Pilates this am. Just doing house stuff today. Kids for dinner. Grilling.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    @bowens1973 Congratulations on that vacation loss!!!👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉

@jugar That clothing trip sounds AMAZING!!!!! How fun is that?! I would love to do that. 😃👚👗🧣👙👖🧥👘
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Steph1498 Congrats on the loss and the great mindset. Have a fantastic time in Paris!
This discussion has been closed.