Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,187 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    gak71 wrote: Β»
    PW 254.8
    CW 254.5

Way to keep it green- all forward progress is good progress! Have a great weekend!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    PW: 181.4
    CW: 182.6

Ugh. I'm throwing a wrench into all the green progress. These last few weeks have been especially difficult and part of me just wants to give up. I feel like I'll never reach my goal weight let alone see the 170s again.

I said no to the pizza and cake last night even though I really wanted it. My willpower is definitely on its last legs right now 😩

You didn't give up. You weighed in. You said no to pizza and cake. You might need a new tool or two - and you'll hit those 170s before you know it. Willpower isn't real, I find. It's just the daily "do the thing". The best you can. Every day. Some days you can't do it as well as others. Grab another tool sometimes, because we get bored with the usual ones. That is what is great about a team like this - see what tools others are using and give one a try.

If you have a plan you think works for you when you do it, then just start with one perfect day. Pre-log. Follow the plan. Just one day. You'll feel better right away and the second day will be much easier.

If you dont have a plan you like, ask some questions. See what has helped others in a similar situation to yours. Give it a try. Failures are just information - it is great to know what does not work. But don't give up! Hang out here and keep trying! :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    @YinxFed
    You might be red this week but you will get back on your exercise and eating routine asap. So glad you saw your mom! I'm seeing mine for the first time since Christmas 2019 very soon. I can't wait - it is hard to not see her. Moms are so precious.
  • jugar
    Options
    Last folks due for the week's weigh-ins:

@JohnPetelle
    @ellz_runs
    @evangsimmons170

and hopefully also:
    @Terytha
    @TessieMac833
    @mocchaeyes7961

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,288 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. All food logged. Under goal. Over 8k steps. Got some cute pumpkins.

Keep at it team!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading your updates and seeing the losses. To be honest, it helps seeing the gains too. They are a good reminder that we all have them and that they're just part of the process. Enjoy your weekend!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    micki48 wrote: Β»
    Friday weigh in

PW 200.0
    CW 199.5 😁

YESSSSSSSSSS! Way to go, your consistency and effort has paid off. You are doing amazing!

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods Congrats on the great loss!

@kellie_erin Sorry for the setback but you are so close! A week of red is so quickly turned around - you've got this. The 170's WILL be yours!

@bonnie_red Work stress is a tough one for me too.. hoping for a better week in that department for you as well

Totally agree with @gak71 .. it's not just the losses that inspire us and help motivate, it's the gains. The gains remind us that this is a process, that weight loss doesn't happen in one go, that struggles can be overcome, and that it's the long term consistent decisions and habits that matter.

In red weeks, so much can be the cause! I started tracking my average daily weigh-ins separately to remind me that all is not lost, and to ensure I'm not getting sad based on one number. For example, on my weigh-in day here, I was 205.. and the next day I was 207.4!!!! Then, back down to 205.4 today. If I'd had Friday as my weigh in day, I would have been posting a gain instead of the loss. Anyway, the body is a weird and wild place, isn't it? :)

One other thing I always try to think is "where the heck would I be if I wasn't here?" For me, the answer is a very different place... and it reminds me that all is not lost.

Yesterday's exercise:
    5910 steps + 22 minutes yoga + 15 minutes Peloton
    I am frustrated by this because I was just shy of my step goal - I started my day off great with exercise and then was lazier at night than I needed to be.
    BUT, even goals are just things we try to show up for... perfection will not get in the way of progress in this camp anymore :)
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Checking in on a beautiful (but STILL TOO HOT) Saturday morning.

@micki48 woooooooo! Onederland, lady!

@Steph1498 I've been able to stick pretty close to the plan for my meals this month, and I just adored the lunches I had last week - a warm goat cheese salad. I swapped it in for my first week of November lunches, it was so good! (Really simple, just arugula, lite balsamic dressing, and the goat cheese is in discs, dredged lightly through egg + breadcrumb, and baked at 400F for 8 min so it's a little crisp and warm. No shortening needed. I did pair it with some cold cut pepperoni for protein, and a fruit).

@ashleycarole86 I was catching up on the thread here last night and I think your story of a poor night of sleep go to me haha! I am usually down for the count when I conk out, but last night I woke up at 4:30am for about 20 annoying minutes. But I am really blaming this hot October, as I was sweating to death and had to turn up the AC.

@jugar and @eggfreak you (a some others I think) both noted that my "small" victory on tuesday (maybe it was wed...) is really not small - you're right! It was hard! But I actually kept up that exact routine (logged early, ate as planned, NO snacks) for the whole rest of the week!! The scale has duly rewarded me. I don't want to scare it away but I feel an autumn hot streak stirring for weight loss...

My aunt texted me out of the blue that she and my cousin will be in town this weekend and they want to take me to lunch on Sunday - it will be nice to see them, but of course, makes me a little nervous about eating out 2 days before weigh-in. However, I would say in 2021 I have gotten markedly better at ordering meals when eating out - making the small adjustments that take out calories, saying no to the bread basket, etc. They want to do dim sum in China Town which sounds awesome to me. Although Asian cuisine can be bread/calorie-heavy with dumplings and rice, I usually find that it sits well with me, and incorporates more vegetables than I might otherwise.

Lots of fun chores on the list for today - I just stopped at the pharmacy to print a whole bunch of pictures, I'll be hanging some frames and running to Target for more frames later. And I picked up my new glasses! New Rx and it feels amazing. I forgot that leaves are separate entities, not just green blobs.

@DD265
    lemon drizzle cupcakes sound awesome. And a good substitution to take off the icing! I'm a sucker for a good muffin.
  • jugar
    Options
    What a lazy day here - it is rainy, sometimes even wildly and violently windy and rainy, so I'm inside yawning a lot. I doubt I'll make my steps for the day, but it is OK. Feels good to have a boring restful day. The leaves have been coming down thick and fast in this weather - it sometimes looks like an orange blizzard. That works really well in French - un orage orange! We have an old car parked up and you can't even see it right now. It is completely covered in leaves.

@Kali225
    New glasses! Isn't it the best? I have had some pretty weird and crazy eyesight challenges over my lifetime, and some of those "LOOK!! LEAVES!!" moments have been amazing. The funniest one was after a cornea transplant in 1985, I was walking down the corridor with a colleague at the university and I suddenly freaked out, thinking a very large dog was barging up next to my left leg. I jumped, and then realised that it was my own left hand swinging along as I walked. I had not seen it in a long time :grimace: Good eyesight is a beautiful large dog.

Hopefully the rest of the week's weigh-ins will come in soon :sunglasses: I'll be back to pester later!
This discussion has been closed.