Trimstones Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've had a busy few days both with my daughter and my parents so I'm just now sitting down to reflect on the week.

I realize I should make a more intentional choice with regard to what I focus on each week. I think a few weeks ago I said I wanted to increase my intentional exercise, and I did that pretty well, but then I had that 3 lb. weight gain last week so that became my main focus. I tried to stay away from salty food this week, but it's tough because I love salt! I never got my period like I thought I was but my rings are still stuper tight so something is going on, Oh well, whatever the reason and whatever my weigh in is tomorrow, I know I just need to keep going and trying to do better each week.

I think that kind of covers the first two questions of the captains's challenge so I'll start with the third:

What was your triumph? I followed through on purchasing a new treadmill and went on my first run in a long time.
    So, what will your focus be for week 5? I will focus on planning my meals the day before. I've noticed from my habit tracker that my days after planning go more smoothly than the ones where I forget to do it.
    What are your concerns about your choice? I'm worried I might be too tired some nights to do it or that an emergency with my parents will throw off my plan.
    What is a mini goal in relation to it? I will set a goal of planning my food choices the day before at least 5 nights this week.
    What do you hope to achieve overall? I want to make it more of a habit to make food choices that are truly good for me, not just whatever is easiest or that I'm craving.
    How will THIS focus help you in planning? Making this a deliberate goal for this week will remind me of it's importance to my overall success. Otherwise, I just try to do ALL the things and I can get overwhelmed.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    It is that time to recruit new members for the month of November ... If any of you have any friends that you think would love to join our amazing group ...Please encourage them to sign up :) Thank you
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847168/registration-for-new-members-november-2021#latest

this link has been corrected - please be sure to use this one!
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ssssseika wrote: »
    Hi, all!
    Sorry for the late post of my weight...
    Please add it if it is not too late...

Username ssssseika
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW 163.5
    CW 161.5

I updated your weight @ssssseika and I'll ask the MODS to switch you from NWI (no weigh in) to LWI (late weigh in). Please send me an email if you forget to post or know you'll post late for whatever reason (sick, out of town, vacation, etc.) and I can get it excused if I know in advance. Unfortunately, the stats have already been posted. Hope you're having a great weekend! Great loss this week!
    Jessica

Jessica,
    Thank you so much for adjusting this matter, and I really apologize for making you do extra work.
    I understand the instruction you have provided me; I will follow it moving forward.
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Here is my steps for the week;

10/16 - 10920
    10/17 - 11003
    10/18 - 11070
    10/19 - 9067
    10/20 - 13014
    10/21 - 17008
    10/22 - 6613
    10/23 - 11555
    10/24 - 10003
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Sunday, October 24
    • Exercise: no
    • Knee push-ups: no
    • Net calories: 1027
    • Steps: 14.599 / 8.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Another heavy cleaning day, so I am pretty tired. Ended up with a fairly high step count as well. Got a busy couple of days ahead now. Going to get the last groceries in a bit, then doctor to pick up sleep test things, mom should be here around 11:00. We haven't set anything in stone, but I expect she will want to go for a walk. Tomorrow we are taking the bus into town and go shopping, out for dinner in the evening. Wednesday is probably a little more relaxed and she will be picked up again by her partner around 13:00. Have to move my gym around because of her visit and I will likely only go twice this week; Thursday and Saturday.
    Happy Monday <3
  • napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    napattack9558
    PW: 141
    CW: 140

sorry for the late weigh-in xx

• napattack9558
    napattack9558 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Steps

Oct-10: 6724
    Oct-11: 11846
    Oct-12: 4103
    Oct-13: 9741
    Oct-14: 2012
    Oct-15: 14302
    Oct-16: 5058
    Oct-17: 9725
    Oct-18: 6706
    Oct-19: 9031
    Oct-20: 12012
    Oct-21: 4389
    Oct-22: 7398
    Oct-23: 13148
    Oct-24: 7217
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 307.9
    CW: 306.0
    LTD: 74 lbs
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @bearchested and great loss this week!! Sounds like your goals are right on track...emotional eating is hard for many of us...your plans are good. Enjoy your week!

@Pupowl Your step counts are always amazing...good job getting your house organized and thoroughly cleaned. Enjoy your visit and shopping trip!!

@napattack9558 Congrats on your loss...thanks for reporting your step counts...got you all caught up! Have a great day!

Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Starting the week off right, I went shopping for some healthier foods, picked up my food scale from my moms and she let me have her george forman grill since mine broke, and did some meal prepping last night. So grilled chicken, long grain brown rice, asparagus and brussel sprouts are on the menu for the next 3 days, also made egg whites with spinach to have today as well.

Workouts were paused and hopefully will start maybe tomorrow, but I have developed an odd rash at the crease where my thigh meets my hip, at first I thought is was allergies because this time of year I break out a ton, but now it stings and Im 90% sure I have shingles, and the only real issue is anything rubbing there hurts really bad so pretty much all my workout bottoms will irritate it, but I am going to try tomorrow and do what I can, see how that works.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    You have a new member joining you ..Please welcome @suziieq56 :)

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Workouts were paused and hopefully will start maybe tomorrow, but I have developed an odd rash at the crease where my thigh meets my hip, at first I thought is was allergies because this time of year I break out a ton, but now it stings and Im 90% sure I have shingles, and the only real issue is anything rubbing there hurts really bad so pretty much all my workout bottoms will irritate it, but I am going to try tomorrow and do what I can, see how that works.

@angmarie28 I hope it's a simple heat rash...try using corn starch...you're awfully young for shingles...I get a rash there a lot too because of excess skin. Of course, check with your doctor or pharmacist first, but that's what I use...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    You have a new member joining you ..Please welcome @suziieq56 :)

Welcome @suziieq56 ! My best friend growing up had that same nickname (Suzy Q) just different spelling...hope to get to know you in the coming weeks! Glad you found us!
    Jessica :smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »

@angmarie28 I hope it's a simple heat rash...try using corn starch...you're awfully young for shingles...I get a rash there a lot too because of excess skin. Of course, check with your doctor or pharmacist first, but that's what I use...
    Jessica

I sent a picture to my old coworker, my old co-nurse at the school, and she agrees its shingles. Definitly not a heat rash, I get those sometimes, but this it different, and it looks like theres a few little blisters . I know im pretty young for it, but Ive seen it in kids before so it isnt unheard of. Im going to stop after work and get Domeboro, which doctors recommend a lot for shingles and other rashes.
  • suziieq56
    suziieq56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Goodness think I finally made it whew. Nice meeting everyone. Looking forward to being on the team.
  • suziieq56
    suziieq56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. Just learning the ropes 😁
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2021
    Options
    suziieq56 wrote: »
    Goodness think I finally made it whew. Nice meeting everyone. Looking forward to being on the team.

Glad to see you were able to reply to your team and that the problem was resolved......Best of luck to you on your journey :)
  • ncfitbit
    edited October 2021
    Options
    suziieq56 wrote: »

Welcome, @suziieq56!
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    ncfitbit
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 187.8
    CW: 185.8

Lost 2.0 of the 3.0 water weight pounds I gained last week so I'll try to be happy about that.
This discussion has been closed.