Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,982 Member
    Good Morning Friends:

Today is going to be a good day. Last night I did not eat dinner. I have decided that if I cannot eat at 5 pm I am not going to eat dinner since I need to stay with in my intermitten fasting. I just need to get it done.

@CSEGUIN2 - Thank you. I love the photo too. Some people really don't think about what happens outside of work. So she really may not even think about the fact that your friend does not work in the kitchen. I am glad you had a good time with handing out candy. It sounds like fun. I have never gotten to hand out candy as no one ever comes to my poor area of town.

Well it is time to get some food going. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a beautiful, warm, sunny day. Got my walk in, did step-ups, and inclined push-ups. Also did dishes, laundry and cleaned some other areas in the kitchen. I am determined to force myself to make a routine. Working on finding my Son a therapist. Hard to find one taking patients. Today the residents had ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, soup and rice krispie square. They had to wait an extra half hour for dinner as I didn't notice the oven was set to 200 instead of 350. Oh well. They know it's worth the wait. Tomorrow at work might be interesting. We'll wait and see.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another beautiful day once the fog moved out. So glad I got my planned exercise done. Also studied, finished the dishes and got some more laundry done. My Son showed up unannounced for the weekend while I was at work. Oh well no big deal extra time with him. The residents had pulled pork on a bun, homemade mac and cheese, California mix veg, mushroom soup, and butterscotch or vanilla pudding.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Friends:

I am going to Joe's parents for the weekend. I am going to have a lot to do. We finally decided on a venue and put in a request to book the venue. So now we wait for them to check dates and get back to us on our date or if we have to change the date as we are definitely getting married there. No doubt. We love the venue and it is really priced well since Joe's cousin is the Lead Pastor there.

@CSEGUIN2 - It is nice when our kids show up unannounced. That means we get more time to spend with them. I love when my daughter just shows up.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

It's nice when they do. But I prefer a heads up as that was the agreement with my sister and her husband. Plus we like to air out the house before he comes as we smoke in the house when he is not here.

Today has been a beautiful, busy and productive day. Went for my walk, went to the bank to check my balances (frustrating I can't do it on my phone), cashed in alcohol bottles and cans and picked up a few needed groceries. Also played a game of Deer in the head lights, took a nap and did my calf raises and inclined push-ups. For dinner my Son and I made shrimp alfredo, coleslaw, and cheesey garlic bread. Tomorrow is another busy day off.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was windy, mostly cloudy, and rain this evening. Went for my walk, did my inclined push-ups, and calf raises. Hubby, Son and I worked on cleaning up the backyard and parking area. Also worked on laundry and dishes. Also went and hung out with friends sor a bit this afternoon. Now watching Bones while Hubby naps.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another cool but beautiful day. Went to the 8 am and 10 am church services. I enjoy the early one and Son prefers the other. I have no problem taking him to the later service. We had coffee hour after the first service and a small luncheon after the second service. It was the Church's 170th anniversary. Did a couple of errands after the luncheon and then made a small lunch of blts. Spent the rest of the afternoon playing Transformers Monopoly until it was time for Son to get ready to head home. Didn't get any workouts or chores done but that's ok. Back at it all tomorrow.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning!

I hope you are all having a good weekend. My weekend was wonderful. I found my wedding dress and I am so excited about it. I cannot wait to wear it all day long. I am super excited.

@CSEGUIN2 - It is nice to not have to worry about chores and other things for one day. I usually do that every other weekend. I go to Joe's parents and spend the weekend there with Joe and we don't have to worry about doing anything. We just relax and do wedding stuff and spend time with his family. It is super nice. We love doing it.

Well I have to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was thrown off by my phone not charging over night. Then forgetting it at work. Good thing I didn't have TOPS this morning as the meeting was cancelled due to a Church meeting. Today's plans were sort of thrown off due to me having to wait till I could go grab my phone from work. The good thing was that I helped my friend figure out some of the dinners while I was there. Today as there was no TOPS I weighed at home and my scale as informed me that I have lost 3 lbs. For dinner the residents had penne and meat sauce, ceasar salad, garlic bread, soup and fruit cocktail. Yesterday they had chicken breast, rice, corn, mushroom soup and vanilla cake with blue vanilla icing.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Good Morning Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is going to be a weird day. We have 3 people out of the office today. So there is only 2 of us left in the office and the new guy who has no idea how to do anything so while he is doing training videos we are handling everything else. This should be a fun day. I am not looking forward to it. Maybe we will be lucky and it will be a slow day. That would be nice. I would like that.

@CSEGUIN2 - I am sorry you forgot your phone at work. Sorry for some reason it did not charge the other night. I am having to take my charger into work so I can charge my phone while using it for my job. I had to download our phone app as my bluetooth stopped working on my laptop and it is now saying there is no bluetooth device on my laptop. So we will see how that goes.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabitha I am sure you guys handled everything at work just fine.

Today has been a very productive day. Went for my walk, did inclined push-ups, and calf raises. I am trying to teach myself that something is better than nothing. Did the last of the dishes and more laundry. Also studied and worked on my bookclub assignments. For dinner the residents had roast pork that just fell apart, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, cheese sauce, gravy, tomato soup, and chocolate chip cookies.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another busy productive day. Sometimes I wish I could go back to COVID lockdown just so I can concentrate on me more. Oh well just need to find the new normal balance. Anyways, Studied, did dishes, laundry, planned walk and exercise, ran errands to give me another walk which included carrying groceries home, also picked all my grape tomatoes. Will use the green ones to make green tomato bread. The residents had open faced hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, beef soup, and jello. Had another issue with my coworker trying to force people out faster and shut down service early. Don't understand why we have to go through this once a week.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been cloudy. We were supposed to get rain but haven't seen any yet. Went for my walk this morning. Also studied, did dishes, laundry, my other exercise and got the green tomatoes all cut. Tomorrow I will make green tomato bread and freeze the rest for another day. Didn't feel as productive as I wanted but I know I got a lot done.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

It snowed most of the day and stuck for awhile but not on road or sidewalk. Did my 3 Mile walk HIIT video and my strength. Concentrated on working on my bookclub book so I wouldn't fall behind. Also worked on laundry and got all my dishes caught up again. Oh yeah also made green tomato bread today. Son showed up tonight and is staying till Monday sometime. Not a planned visit but will make it work.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

My MFP app won't let me log in...grrrr. Oh well. Won't be tracking till I get it working. Doing it on my phone with the website is way to slow.

Today has been cold with a few flurries. Went to Mom's church as we had flowers in the alter in memory of Mom and Dad. Mom always did them at this time as my Dad passed away in November of 2008. They also had soup day and bake sale to raise funds for a local organization. After that came home and did some laundry. Took my huge blanket to my friends as she has a washer and dryer to clean it. Watched the Lions with there game then came home to watch the Raiders and get more stuff done. Back to work tomorrow. This week is going to be an extremely long week as I will be working 2 full days as I need to learn the breakfast and lunch shift. I am also working Friday as the girl who normally works dinner shift that day got a new job and can't work it. Lots of hours this week. Tuesday I get off half hour early as I have a fairboard meeting @ 7:30.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 432 Member
    Hello team!

I am wondering... You never comment on other threads, just the workout, brag and chat. Wouldn't you like to learn new recipes? I have devoted many moments to these threads. It would be nice for some input.

Have a good evening.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was cold but sunny. If it wasn't for Hubby my Son and I would have missed the bus. As we knew we were going to be early for his appointment we had planned to have breakfast at Tim Hortons. His orthodontist appointment went extremely well. He came out and said "There's good news and bad news." Of course I ask for the good news first. "The orthodontist says my mouth is moving and he his happy with the progress." Then I ask for the bad news. "I have to come back in 5 weeks." LoL he is so funny sometimes. He then got picked up for work. On my way home I stopped to grab a few groceries. The residents had garden salad, spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread, potato soup and chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Since I posted last night more has been added to my schedule 🙄. We are doing Christmas cookie baking on Saturday with the family. Mom use to do this but now I have taken it over. So on Wednesday morning I need to get the cookie dough made ready as it's the only morning I have available. We normally wouldn't do the cookies till December but with the family Christmas before Christmas and my oldest nephews hockey tournaments it is what it is.

I comment only on those because I don't have time for the others. I am stretched thin now and only being stretched thinner. I do occasionally glance at them when I am looking for ideas.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been cold, rainy and snowy. My weigh-in was not good but not to bad. Based on the scale at TOPS I only gained 1.25 lbs in 2 weeks.
    The residents had sausages, oven roasted potatoes, gravy, vegetable soup, corn, and lime jello with fruit cocktail in it. Got off work half hour early and came home to Hubby with takeout. Rushed to eat in 15 minutes before my ride came. Went to the fairboard meeting and got out at a decent hour. On to tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very busy cold day. Did my 3 Mile HIIT video, made the cookie dough and have it refrigerated, went shopping for the icing I need for Saturday among several other items. Got home in time for lunch and to get ready for work. The residents had beef stew, a bun, mushroom soup, and apple crisp for dessert. Tomorrow is my first day of training for the breakfast and lunch shift. Have to be there for 7 am. It's going to be a long one. Not sure I will make it in tomorrow. But will try.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a long day after only 5 hrs of sleep. But it was a great day. Learned an easy way to make over easy eggs and how to use the fryer. For breakfast the residents had cereal, easy over eggs, bacon, and toast. For lunch the residents had poutine and soup and a choice of apple, blueberry or cherry pie for dessert. For dinner the residents had chicken stir-fry, rice, soup and fruit cocktail for dessert. As I was at work from 7 am till 6:30 pm with an hour break between 1 and 2 pm no official exercise today. Now to go to bed to do it all over again tomorrow.