Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful fall day. Love being able to wear a hoodie with shorts 🤣 in the morning till I get to warm. All planned workouts done! 2 day streak. Also did laundry, dishes and played 2 games of Skipbo. Also got a little more studying done. Seem to be slipping into my fall/winter routine. But time will tell. I just pray that it sticks. I have figured out a few other things. Music is key to me working out and planning my day of meals the day ahead keeps me on track.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thoughts, prayers and hugs to those who need them.

Summer is back😆. Today was a great day! Got all planned workouts done with a little extra walk to the bank and a couple of stores. Groceries can get heavy if you buy carrots, onions, and squash among a few other heavy things. Started rereading the chapter I am on so I can remember the info. Can't write an exam otherwise. Tomorrow's plan is study, walk, exercise, then get ready for a birthday party.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 432 Member
    edited September 2022
    My roommates are up to something. LOL

Last week, roommate #1 gave me a coffee cup that says "hello pumpkin". (she calls me pumpkin)

This week, roommate #1 gave me another coffee cup that says "hello pumpkin".

Last week, roommate #2 gave me a coffee cup that says "happy fall".

This week, roommate #2 gave me a water bottle.

What do you think? ;)
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal - You know your roommates better than any of us. But they could be up to something or they just seen these and decided to get them for you. No matter what enjoy the gifts.

Yesterday was a great day. Completed all my workouts in the morning. Spent the afternoon and evening at my cousin's 3rd birthday. Hoping to get some photos as I didn't take any. I believe I did better than usual at the party calorie wise.

Today was another great day. Didn't get all planned exercise done as I only had 3 hours of sleep and wanted to save my energy for the 16.8 km bike ride during our open streets event. Also spent time visiting with friends in the afternoon. When I should up at my one friends house she said I have a job starting Wednesday if I want it. So I start my new job on Wednesday afternoon! That's a week earlier than planned.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Hello!

Yes, I do like the presents! I was simply joking around.

This evening, I came up with 13 article topics! Now, I need to write the darn articles!

A roommate #1 always does the grocery list for the 3 of we gals. Until she had moved in, I always did the grocery list. I brought this to her attention. So, we agreed to rotate each week. I do one week then she does the next. The other roommate #2 waits until we get to the grocery store to tell what she "thinks" we need. I know. Unreal.

I told roommate #1 my list tonight. Big mistake. She wants waffles, and she wants sausage, and she wants gravy, and she wants coffee creamer, etc. Stuff I did not plan on.

My list?

salami
    cheese franks
    pasta
    spaghetti sauce
    bread
    milk
    eggs

I thought roommate #2 would have been pleased. My plan is ruined.

• CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am sorry that you and the roommates struggle with agreeing to the shopping list. I have been there done that. Definitely don't want to deal with that again. So glad Hubby usually has no issues with what I buy unless the junk food is missing.

Today was a pretty good day overall. A storm hit just as I was getting up. So that threw my morning off. Got all of today's workouts done. But didn't have the energy to make up what I missed yesterday. Oh well. I am still happy with how I did this week exercise wise. Food choices and amounts were better this week as well as water. I expect the scale to show the change tomorrow. But if not oh well it will in time. By do I wish I had the energy and motivation I had almost 4 years ago when I started this journey.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Down 3.5 lbs. Now to keep what I am doing right going with more improvements. Tomorrow afternoon is my first day of work. I work 2 - 6pm. Then I get to come home and reheat dinner. My plan with this schedule is to stick to the morning schedule so I get all my workouts and studying done. Today I mowed the neighbors lawn. Now it's getting a good rain.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Quick check-in as it is past my bedtime and still have lots to do before I can go to bed. All workouts were completed. My first day of work went great!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Hello!

Right now, I have 2 Arnold Palmers in the fridge waiting for me!

I need a siesta.

I have book reviews to do, articles to accomplish, surveys to complete, forums to post, and even MFP!

Have a good evening!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal - wow you're busy. You sound like me if I list everything I need to do the list is never ending.

Fall is back! Today has been a great day overall! Need to remember to dress in better layers for my walks. Was a little brisk and ended up making a watered down hot chocolate with marshmallows. Switched on of my workouts with tomorrow's as I didn't think it was a good idea between my thumb I cut at work yesterday and that I knew how much pain I am in after work. I am off till Monday. Read through the employee handbook and started filling the paperwork out. I also managed to stick to the food plan for dinner tonight. Today at work I was on my own and only had to call my manager (friend) once 😁. No injuries. Dinner served on time and multiple complements on my cooking. Felt a little more at home in the kitchen with the flow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out freezing for my walk with some strong breeze. Then it warmed up to cool but comfortable. Almost decided to go home not long after I started it was so cold. But decided to tough it out. Also completed the rest of my workouts. With the adjustment of no bands as it would bother my thumb, and also only did one set as it was bothering my hip and back area since starting work. Also did some cleaning in the kitchen.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

My job is feeding people that have mental illness issues. The age range starts at about 30. But don't think there are any old enough or ill enough for a senior home.

Today was a gloomy day with rain on and off. Not supposed to be much better for several days. My walk consisted of a 4 block perimeter for 2 laps. Other workouts done. Also got some paper work done as well. Son is here over night and we played Monopoly on the Wii. Also visited my friend for a little bit.
  • the_frugal_chef
    I want my window fan air unit taken out of my bedroom! Even when the darn contraption is shut off, a cool breeze comes through.

Lunch is soon! LOL Should I have yesterday's mac n cheese, yesterday's vegetable soup, etc.? Maybe a peanut butter sandwich or french fries? My roommates never shop for what i would like. I am a pasta person and am picky about my spaghetti sauce, in other words, I do not like Ragu or Prego! I do not argue though, which is why I rarely go shopping with my roommates.

• CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was a lot of studying and training for work. Took most of the day. Managed to also make breakfast for 3 and potato salad. After all my studying my reward was a bbq at my friend's and some football.

Today woke up at 4 am. Got up and did some studying. When I got tired I went back to bed. It was also raining on and off again today. So as you could imagine my system was out of wack until I went to work this afternoon. Tonight the residents got ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, mushroom soup, and a butter tart. Talk about the carb and sodium overload. I think I might have gained just cooking and serving it😆. The important part was that they enjoyed the meal. Not sure how the scale is going to show the change in my life with a new job. Missed 2 days of exercise and over ate at least once. Oh well it is what it is. Not sure how often I will be able to check in. But will do my best.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,982 Member
    Good Morning,

Last night I made a chicken breast with long grain rice and corn. The chicken breast cooked was 11 ounces. I only ate about 5 ounces. I could not eat anymore. The rice I had 1 cup of rice, and the corn was half a cup of corn.

Tonight we are having brats, and tater tots. I may only eat the brat and no tater tots. I do not need all those carbs.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabitha - I have a rule in my house that if we have a starch we don't eat a starchy veggie like corn. I find I get hungry faster.

Today overall has been a great day. Took me 3 buses to get to my TOPS meeting. Which was a little stressful as I had not taken 2 of those buses before. But I made it safe and sound. I was leader of the group today as the leader was not there. Come to find out his wife's aunt had a severe stroke on Friday. She is the lady that I clean for. Also found out that her breast cancer had returned. Anyways she is on life support and not expected to make it. Can life please go back to a more normal. I am not sure how I will handle this loss when it happens. Anyways I lost 1 lb this week. Work went well. Served spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread, salad, chicken and rice soup and canned pear slices.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

My friend passed away last night in her sleep. Just found out tonight.

Today was a busy day! Went for my walk and then went to Goodwill to get scrubs. Got enough to cover one week of shifts for about $70. That's 4 shirts and 5 pairs of pants. I think I am going to get addicted to shopping for scrubs 🤣. Still need to get my no slip shoes. The residents at work had hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, green beans, turkey gravy, soup and desert. Stopped by my friends on the walk home to update her on the happenings at work.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,982 Member
    Good Morning Friends:

Last night I made a simple Grilled Cheese Sandwich and that was all for dinner. I made a salad for lunch and my meal replacement shake for breakfast. I had a banana for snack. Things seen to be going pretty good. I am doing well. I am thinking of having another grilled cheese for dinner. It is easy and I have to volunteer at the center tonight. I am hoping it all goes well tonight. No weirdos coming in.

@CSEGUIN2 - I am going to have to implement the no extra starch rule. To many starches and it messes with my stomach. It does sound like a good idea too. I use to have that rule. Not sure what happened to it.

Well time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a busy day. Woke up at 5:30 am. Studied till almost 7. Then met my Son at the bus stop to go to his orthodontist appointment. Had to wait a half hour for his appointment so he treated me to a Tim Hortons everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese. After his appointment we headed back to run some errands. When I got home hung the laundry and started another load. Then worked on my next TOPS program till I had to get ready and head to work. Residents had beef stew, cream of potato and bacon soup, dinner roll and a Rice Krispy square. I made the stew and the squares. The squares were extra sticky. Now off till Monday unless I get called in. Was supposed to be going to a surprise birthday party for my SIL but she has COVID so it's postponed until further notice.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful day despite the cold temps this morning. Only went for a short walk as it was just to cold for me this morning. The rest of my exercise was running errands, step-ups and house chores. Sometimes I wish Hubby wasn't so lazy. Also did some studying and hoping to work on my TOPS program. See if I find time.