Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Has been cloudy all day with a chance of rain but still haven't seen any. Got my exercise done including a short bike ride. Weeded and watered today. My neighbor is still in hospital. Not getting many details. So I am still loving on his fur babies for him. They miss him so much. Other than that has been a rest day with tv, reading and visiting with friends.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a day of flexibility. Went for short walk as my phone was saying it was going to rain. Rained shortly after I got home. All planned workouts done plus some bonus movement. My neighbor thinks he might be home tomorrow. He misses being home. I get that. But told him they would let him out when he was healthy enough.

Here is a picture of the fur babies. The white one is Gus he is the oldest. The black one is Mizzy and is the youngest.
    w7kiosxxe6w1.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is a HOT one! But they say it's only going to get hotter. Today was a great day a TOPS. I stayed the same! So I know if my calories were where they're supposed to be I would have lost. Either way it's a win! Anyways have a meeting tonight so busy busy busy.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

It's so hot and humid here. We have been under a tornado watch here. We did have a thunderstorm roll through with a down pour this afternoon. Didn't help with how it feels outside much. Wanted to get a bike ride in today to the grocery store but that didn't happen. Hubby had other plans. Oh well will walk to the grocery store tomorrow after my dentist appointment. All planned exercise was done. Food choices today have been off the chart. Tomorrow is a new day! One off day no matter how bad will not derail my success this week. Prayers to all who need them.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Hot and Humid again. Today has been a busy day. All planned workouts 💪 done. Didn't get to walk home from the grocery store as I bought to much to carry but got some great deals. Dentist appointment went well. The dentist informed me that my one tooth he fixed still needs a crown and it's not covered. Which I know or he would have already done it. Anyway I told him there's no way I can afford that. His response was "Let me know when you want it done". Hello didn't I just tell you it'll never be in my budget 🙄.

As I haven't posted about my neighbor since Monday I decided it's time for an update. On Monday evening after my update was posted he contacted me to let me know he had just tested positive for COVID but didn't believe it would affect his release. Well he didn't get released. Yesterday he told me he wanted to be taken to the Feild and be shot. This afternoon he called and informed me he still has COVID but that he is being released and will be home in a hour or so. He didn't sound like himself at all and I thought I was talking to his friend.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a pretty boring day. All planned workouts done. Some cleaning and visited with friends. My son is coming tonight and spending the weekend as he doesn't have to work tomorrow. Talked with my neighbor and he is doing as well as can be expected. A couple of his family members are coming to see him tomorrow before they head back east.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day. All planned workouts done. My morning walk didn't happen due to early morning rain. But did get all other planned walks done. Visited the farmers market got my favorite dressing. But anything else I was looking to get they didn't have or way more than I am willing to pay. Also visited with a couple friends and played some Wii with my Son.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Today has been a pretty boring day. All planned workouts done. Some cleaning and visited with friends. My son is coming tonight and spending the weekend as he doesn't have to work tomorrow. Talked with my neighbor and he is doing as well as can be expected. A couple of his family members are coming to see him tomorrow before they head back east.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Hot and humid today. Had rain this morning and has been a chance all day. Probably more tonight. Planned workouts done except my bike ride as it was just to hot when I was able to go. Had an afternoon and evening of binge watching Bones. My no random eating this challenge is no random eating during the day. Yesterday I had no problem and it even helped into the evening. Evening random eating was way down.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a busy day. All planned workouts completed and got an extra walk by taking Son to the dentist for his cleaning then walking home. Visited with the neighbor from a very safe distance. He still has COVID but seems to show a very slight improvement. Also felt with my Son's medical insurance company. That was fun. My Son ended up seeing my temper as we the guy wanted to transfer us back to where we came from because he didn't want to listen. Oh well that's all taken care of now.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day even with my small gain of 0.25 lbs. I believe it's water retention as my feet feel like there swelling each afternoon into the evening. I try to keep my salt intake low most of the week. I also make sure to drink a minimum of 64 oz. All I can do is keep moving forward doing my best each day. Didn't succeed on my no random eating today.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a truly great day! All workouts were completed including a bike ride that I didn't do yesterday. The rain today was helpful for plants but not the humidity. Got a few chores done as well as played a game with Hubby. Feeling really tired but doing my best to keep from snacking for no reason. Woke up early this morning and wasn't feeling well but didn't let it stop me.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another great day! All planned workouts done. Even played Wii sports with Hubby for a couple of hours. To get extra movement I marching in place when it's not my turn. My hips, knee's and back are definitely feeling the extra movement. Also got some chores done.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a gorgeous day. All workouts completed with some extra walking to run a couple errands. Also watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition and visited with my friend. Today's food choices have been really bad. Tomorrow is a new day. The heat is coming, the heat is coming! Could see a high of 36°C this coming week. Not sure how it will affect my planned exercise for the week. All I can do is my best.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

The heat is slowly creeping in. Today was still not to bad with the breeze. Workouts completed, also did an extra walk with Hubby to run a couple of errands. Visited with my friend again today and managed to get a blister while cutting mulberry bushes out of her shrubs. I enjoyed helping her. To bad I can't put that energy into the work around my own yard.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very active day. All planned workouts done and even got in an extra walk to and from the grocery store. Did some laundry and binge watching Bones. Need to still plan my program for TOPS on Tuesday.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is a warm muggy day. All planned workouts done and was able to increase my sets of core and upper body workout. Shortly after my walk this morning my neighbor messaged me. He went back to the hospital and asked me if I was willing to watch the puppies. Of course I agreed. Not long ago he messaged me to let me know they sent him home. I am glad he is home but still worried about him. Also played cards with Hubby and did some laundry.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day overall. Gained 4.75 lbs this week. This has put a little more determination to do better in the air. This week's plan is to keep doing my workouts and to keep my food in check. I can't afford to keep going in the wrong direction. Time to use tough love on myself. Anyways... enough about that. Today also was my first week as co-leader of our TOPS group. It went well although there wasn't very many people there. Learned from my neighbor his issues are from his cancer spreading. Got some exercise done as well.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been extremely hot and humid. Tomorrow is supposed to be better. Completed all planned workouts except my bike ride. Woke up with a kink in my neck. Didn't feel safe riding when I can't turn my head far enough since I don't have mirrors. Worked on the laundry and the dishes. Also played cards with Hubby. Visited with my neighbor as he is COVID free. He has been updated about his cancer. Worst case scenario is he has 6 months to live. He will be going back on chemo to see if it helps. He's not sure what will happen with the puppies yet. I wish I could take them. Please pray for him.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today isn't as hot but it feels bad with the humidity. All planned workouts 💪 done. Had an extra walk after Son's Dr. check-up (passed with flying colors) to grab a few things in that area and then back to the bus stop. My hips are not to happy with me but oh well. Also still have the kink in my neck but it's not as bad.