Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started mostly cloudy but the sun started coming out. Day 3 of all my workouts completed! Cleaned for my client and also reorganized the bedroom to fit in the freezer. Need to get the a/c as next week will be in the 30°Cs and will feel like the 40°Cs. Feeling tired so glad dinner is easy tonight.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a busy but great day. Mostly sunny and comfortable. Got all my workouts done. Walked to and from the farmers market and also went to my cousin's graduation party. We went to Swiss Chalet for dinner. Not over in calories like I thought I would have been. But also didn't make the best choices. Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday party. Hoping to make better choices but it's hard to say. I can't pass up cake.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Quick stop in it's already past my bedtime again tonight. But always have to checking with all my groups before I go to bed. Today was my nephew's birthday party. Got all my workouts done early. Went swimming at the party. It was a little cold but felt great. Very happy how well my bathing suit did. The booty shorts not so much. But that might just be a self-confidence thing. Over ate but also didn't have any ice cream and only one cupcake. Where as before my journey started over 3 years ago I would have had 2 cupcakes and ice cream. Got to do a lot of baby bouncing as well as my cousin's 5 month old was there and he loves to be moving constantly.
    lvkeqgx0vh1c.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a hot one with a high humidity. My neighbor offered to take me to get my A/C out of storage. So we did that before my Son's appointment. Definitely feeling the difference. This morning I woke up feeling off. Went for my walk and decided my body wanted a rest day so no workouts. My mind kept saying I needed to workout. So I compromised and weed wacked and mowed the front lawn and swept the front sidewalks of grass. Will be interesting what the scale shows tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another hot one! A cold front is supposed to be coming through tonight or tomorrow. That will be nice. The scale was not kind again this week. Trying not to get frustrated with this new ugly unhealthy trend. I know what the issue is and am struggling with it. I know I can do it as I was doing it before.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
    Howdy folks! You are both very busy women! I've been taking a nice online art class, and the teacher is great! Been decluttering and cooking a lot. Made a big list of to do items today, and got all done but one. It was a pretty good day. :)
  • CSEGUIN2
    Becca sounds like a lot of fun!

Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day even if an off one. Didn't sleep well experienced pain in my left hip and knee but seemed to go away until after I mowed my neighbors lawn. So no planned workouts. Enjoyed relaxing and reading instead. Also spent time with friends. The cold front definitely came through this evening as it is chilly outside tonight.
  • beccaboo1276414
    The cold can definitely make you achy. Glad you got some enjoyment time!

Had did a piece of lamb in the crock pot layered over slice sweet onions and sliced sweet potatoes. I used Stubb's spicy bbq sauce!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Becca that sounds so good! I have been wanting to cook lamb. But have never done it before and am a little intimidated

This is a quick check-in as I am off to a BBQ at my friend's. Not much exercise today but enough walking. Made potato salad loaded with veggies. Got other things done that needed doing so an all-round good day.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Yummy. I love potato salad.

Check out a YouTube channel called "great depression cooking." Clara was 91 at the time of the filming, and gives you great tips to do easy, cheap meals! She is precious and has left a wonderful legacy.

A crockpot makes cooking pretty easy. I defrosted the lamb shoulder in the microwave, then cooked it on high for two hours. I then cooked in on low for 2 hours. I almost overcooked it, but it still came out moist and good!
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 432 Member
    Speaking of Crock-Pots, I used him for Crock-Pot French Toast for dinner today. The recipe calls for day-old bread. Whenever I have a ton of day-old bread, I prepare the dish. Talk about saving money!

Tomorrow, I am going to a barn sale. An annual yard sale at a huge barn. I was really hoping to find scrap fabric to create wreaths. Now, I am hoping to find a nice bathroom scale. I am a pro at yard sales. LOL I only let the sellers see spare change. I do not take loads of cash.

Have a good evening!

w2767s2lpa9h.jpeg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the tips on the lamb and other ideas as well

The veggies I added to the potato salad was celery, carrots, onion, chives and radishes. The boys wanted cheese and bacon so I added it as well. Normally I don't.

Today was a good day all around. Ended up going with a friend to Canadian Tire. Needed to get a new weed wacker. Found one that also comes with a blower and was on sale for under $150. It's Black n Decker and battery operated! So that threw off my my day and plans. But still had a great time. Also did some creeping charlie weeding as well.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a busy great day! Went for my morning walk, mowed the back lawn, and helped my friend with her gazebo. We also went to the rib fest. First time going. Really expensive but good.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

The ribs were awesome! Today went for a walk, did some chores and visited my friend. Also did some work on the computer that needs to get done. I have come to the realization that I am over stressing about stuff. I have decided not to worry about my workouts and mainly aim for one walk a day. Anything else will be extra. Once I get all my paperwork done I will get back on track in a more organized way.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I have decided that for a little while I will just do what I feel is the most important things that need to be done. Today was the first day and I went for a walk and concentrated on get stuff on the computer done. I actually completed the first part of one task and worked on studying for the food handlers course. I also went to the bank and shopping. Got a new out fit for jury selection as I don't really have many summer dress clothes. Received a call this afternoon from the courts. Jury selection has been cancelled. Not sure I will be going to TOPS tomorrow as my ride has not returned my call. For the most part I feel more relaxed today. I have a sore left side of my mouth which is also causing a headache. Unfortunately can't get in until Thursday. The good thing is Hubby still had pain killers from his tooth issues.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am still in a lot of pain when the meds wear off. May have to go to the walk in clinic to check for infection tomorrow. Scale at home had a dead battery so walked to get one. The scale was not happy with me at all this week. But as I am taking somewhat of a break I am try not to stress about it. Got more paperwork done. Had a great visit with some friends and brought them chocolate chip cookies.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

I am not really under the weather. I think my body just said STOP you're trying to do to much at once. So I am concentrating on things that have been causing me stress that needs to be done. While I am on this somewhat break I am taking time to find my why and my motivation. Once I figure that out I will find my new path and be on fire.

My hip and knee have been good most of the time. I just do my best to walk through it as I know it actually helps it feel better.

Today was a nice day. Went to the clinic to get antibiotics and pain killers for my tooth issue. He couldn't tell where the issue was but knew by Monday when they open again I would have been in trouble. Enjoyed my short bike ride and my morning walk. Pulled some more creeping charlie as well today. Every time I mark a project off that has been needing done it feels like a weight has been lifted. Hope you enjoy my picture of my zucchini plant.p4x88x83pboa.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a beautiful day. We even got some evening rain with rainbows 🌈🌈.Cleaned some of my kitchen. Got my new shelf today and got it put together and put in its spot. It looks soooo much better. Went to the dentist found out I have a cavity and my tooth with the root canal is normal as there was some nerve left. Have to wait till next Thursday to get the cavity fixed. Ran a couple of errands and visited with my friend for several hours. Can't wait for tomorrow. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!🎉 My goal for my next birthday is to be at goal. Same goal as the last 2 years but that's ok. One of these times I will reach that goal.
    55445qxvj44h.jpg
    hwu04tc2o75k.jpg
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 432 Member
    Hello!

Yesterday evening, I was just so tired of reviewing cookbooks. So, instead of reviewing other people's recipes, I thought to myself to do recipe articles of my own! Right now I have about 13 recipes that were saved for future use and certainly came into use! Yay! Woo Hoo!

Today, I cleaned and organized my bedroom and my office. We are out of furniture polish so I had to use spray bleach.

For lunch I had on the border homestyle thick & crunchy tortilla chips with Marzetti vegetable dip. Not sure what to have for dinner. The tortilla I won at bingo. The dip from my roommate's sister. Cha Ching!

For dinner, maybe a cheeseburger?

Have a good day! :wink:
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out good the got rough for a bit. In the end it was a great day. Got lots of gifts. Clothes, Tim Hortons gift card, cash, Madagascar kartz wii game and more to come. Oh yeah also got bottle of wine and a chocolate bar. Tomorrow we are going to continue celebrating with a BBQ at our friends. The cards I got from my Son and Hubby were so wonderful.