Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
    Wtg on ur food handlers course!

It is sunny off and on here today. I've done some necessary inside chores, and am watching senior year with rebel Wilson on Netflix. I am spring cleaning my bedroom, bit by bit and feeling better about it.

Homemade meat loaf is in the crockpot with a layer of golden potatoes on the bottom. I will stir fry my sister's favorite vegetable, brussel sprouts for her side. Yuck for me, but I will eat it anyway.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day! Lots of walking and gardening. Did my walk in the morning, then went to the farmers market with my Son and friend. Came home had breakfast, and then started my gardening with my Son. Got strawberries from neighbour, tomatoes and my zucchini plant planted. Still have cucumbers, lettuce, and parsley to go. Hope to have them planted tonight before it rains. Also did dishes and laundry. Hung out with a few friends for a bit.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another hot and sunny day. Got my walk done early and did some searching and strength. Son left after lunch to go home. Visited a couple of friends and watched Bones. Started the BBQ for the first time and cooked steak and stuffed mushrooms. Now it's raining which makes me happy because I don't have to water them all.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out slow. When I got up it was raining so decided to lay in bed and read for about an hour. By then it had stopped raining and the sun came out. Had breakfast, did some exercise, and ran errands. Had lunch out. Wasn't the healthiest but am full and will have something small and healthy for dinner. After lunch we went to the liquor store and I carried a 24 of Smirnoff ice all the way home. Took lots of breaks as it got heavy. Great workout for arms and core. Now just resting as I am still feeling the burn. Tomorrow is Tops, rest and weigh day. Looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow. Hoping all the yard work and walks show. But if not that's ok too. Oh almost forgot. Have to go for jurry selection on June 7th. First time ever doing this and unfortunately it is on a Tuesday so I will be missing a Tops meeting that day.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Quick check-in as I am on the way to a meeting. Lost 1.75 lbs this week! Woohoo!

Catch-up with you all tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was busy. TOPS in the morning, lunch out, went to a friend's in the afternoon to celebrate Hubby's birthday. Had chinese delivered for his birthday dinner, and then went to a meeting and didn't get home till 10pm.

Today I got a walk in before it started raining. Feeling sluggish today. I think from an early morning and a late night yesterday. Made a deal with myself that I would do what I call my minimum amount of exercise. While do that my Son called good thing too as I completely forgot about his appointment. Of course I get down there and he hasn't even left his house yet🙄. Ended up eatting lunch out. Not the best way to start after a loss. But it is what it is. I don't have any intention of gaining it back. This afternoon played cards with Hubby and am having a light dinner.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 432 Member
    Today I had big salad for lunch. I might prepare myself a tuna melt for dinner with some potato chips.

I got 3 sports bottles in the fridge with tea bags. By tonight I am going to have some fresh unsweetened iced tea.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day! Took Hubby shopping for some shorts. Lot's of walking at a slower pace. But was still pretty good. Got lunch at Subway. Most planned workouts done and also did my morning walk at the river. Seen the biggest family of Canadian geese yet this year. They had 13 babies! I also made ruhbarb crisp and played cards with Hubby.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is a hot one! Went for my walk early, did my workouts and walked to the grocery store. Had to bring a cab home as I bought another 4 bags of soil. Got lots of fruit and plan to get that made up in the next couple of days. Almost caught up with my dishes and got some laundry done as well. Hubby wanted to play cards so we did.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day! We did have a thunderstorm during mid morning. Had multiple walks and did some of my exercise. My brother dropped my Son off after work. Played cards, visited with friends, and had takeout. Not the healthiest choice but a decent price. Ended up over on my calories. Also got my 4th booster.
  • the_frugal_chef
    Yes! Yay! Whew! Woo Hoo! My new laptop is up and running! I have access to my teams! With my online work, I can work like a beast and earn much more money. Kindly pray that this laptop is going to last. The laptop may have been cheap, but even so, it was a lot of money to me, myself and I.

I have had my morning iced mochas. My mocha syrup is so delicious. 0 carbs 0 calories 0 sugar My next syrup is caramel fudge waffle cone. Sinful! LOL I treat myself these syrups as they are good for my health. I rarely drink. I do not do drugs. So, I am worth the splurge.

• CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

So glad you got a new laptop that is works well for you.

Today was a day of walks, rain and cleaning. My arm is still sore from my 4th shot yesterday. Also watched movies with Hubby. Son wanted to go home today but my sister told him no because they wouldn't be home till tomorrow. He wasn't happy about that but oh well. Tomorrow I will be mowing my neighbors lawn for him.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been cold and cloudy all day. Tried to go for a walk this morning. But was just to cold for me to do my whole walk. Got the neighbors lawn mowed but still need to weed wack as the battery wasn't charged. Arm still tender when moved wrong. So stuck to some light cleaning and playing cards. Tomorrow is scale day. Not sure how I did but do know that I tried. Tomorrow I am also going to get a good bathing suit. My nephew's birthday is next weekend and the pool is open!

Here's a picture of 3 Canadian geese families I took yesterday. I figured there was close to 30 babies.gx91j91vl76d.jpg
  • the_frugal_chef
    The geese are so cute!

Today, I picked up about 40 books for work. I am a book reviewer.

My roommate asked me to prepare her a grilled cheese.

For dinner, I had a cheeseburger with tomato on a bun and salt and pepper.

Real exciting, huh? LOL

Have a good evening!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sounds like you're going to busy. Cheeseburgers are the best!

Today was a slight disappointment on the scale. Gained 2.5 lbs. 🙄 Had a great TOPS meeting today otherwise today. Also went out for lunch and went bathing suit shopping found something I really like and feel secure in. Also went to Walmart and bought some plants, a birthday present for my nephew, and a few other things. Hubby decided we were ordering dinner out. Neighbor gave me some hostas today so planted them as soon as I got home. Calories are over. Arm is still tender but hoping can get my workouts done with little discomfort tomorrow.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a little cool and some rain. Got all my exercise done! Haven't done that in a week or so. Also got some more plants planted in pots. Did laundry and played some cards. Not sure what all is planned for me tomorrow but I plan to have another great day!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Right now, I am waiting for a mocha to cool off. Mochas are my daily treats. I rarely drink. I do not do drugs. So, I reward myself to mochas!

I have 40 books to review for work! Attached is a photo.

For lunch, I had a burger with 2 slices of tomato, salt and pepper.
    For dinner, I am having a french fry salad.
    As a mini-meal, an English muffin with peanut butter.

Right now, I am only -21 calories. So, I can exercise off the calories tonight. I have already walked around 25 minutes.

Have a good evening!

photo by myself

ohgz1fepddhv.jpeg

• CSEGUIN2
    Good Evening Everyone!

You're definitely going to be a busy lady!

Today has been rain on and off all day with bits of sun worked in. My walk this morning was partly in a rain shower. Completed all my workouts for the second day in a row! I am trying not to get to excited so that I keep the streak going. Did some laundry and got the dishes finally caught up. Got my sports Fitbit band in the mail today. Bought the wrong size but will still work. The color is frosted lilacs. Tomorrow I get to go to work and clean. Didn't go last week as she was not home.
  • the_frugal_chef
    You are Speedy Gonzalez!

I cannot afford sports watches. I simply estimate the minutes of the activity.

I just bought a laptop and now need a new cellular phone!

Got to go now... the roommate is not pleased with the bathroom. She can kiss my lily butt. I do clean the bathroom and with lots of bleach. Her chore is the garbage and living room of which she never does.

uuugh
  • the_frugal_chef
    Our landlord treated we gals to lunch today... He is so kind.