TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll. Been awhile but I'm back :smile: I'm ready to continue on this journey now that my mind and body are into it.

@MotivatedM3 Welcome! Being ready to carry on is half the batter, we're happy to have you along!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SalluR wrote: »
    Hi !! I am Sallu . Welcome to all the new and old members ! Lets face this weight loss challenge and win the game. ;)

@SalluR Welcome back!
  • AB0215
    Options
    elelja945 wrote: »
    Hello Slimsons :) My name is Pearl. I started a battle with my weight almost 22 years ago after the birth of my first child. It has been a roller coaster ride with MANY ups and downs. Now all these years later I find myself back at almost the exact same weight I began. But this time it is not a battle. I am choosing not to fight with my body anymore. I will no longer abuse it, insult it, shame it or compare it to an unachievable look it had once 25 years ago. While I lose the weight this time around I want to learn to love this body, my body that has been a strong, dependable, and constant partner to me. It has carried me through many stages of life never once faltering nor failing to step up everyday to support me. I set a goal to lose 5 pounds during this challenge. One day at a time just giving my body what it needs, fresh air, movement, and nourishing food in moderation. I look forward to sharing and learning this coming month with all of you. -Pearl

@elelja945 Welcome Pearl! I think that's an awesome goal and a great plan. That's the best thing we can do, give our bodies what they need, the right nutrition and some exercise and they'll repay us :smile:
  • AB0215
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Hi, all. My name is Cindy, and I was part of this team from February to August of this year. Had to drop out at the end of August because I had to flee Hurricane Ida! But even before that, I was starting to slide off the wagon, and during my evacuation and after I got home (no major damage, just some missing roof shingles), the wagon ran over me a few times.

But I got my head back in the game and am ready to do this again. Of course, I gained most of my lost weight back, so I have to re-lose those pounds now. Very frustrating, because if I had stayed on course, I would already be at my goal weight.

@Chalmation Welcome back Cindy! Glad to see you're okay and ready to rejoin us! I think it's important to recognize you've had a challenging couple of months and while it may feel frustrating that you have to re-lose those pounds, you're here and you'll do it in no time! Hang in there!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @southgirl94 Welcome back Leah! I'm glad to see you're hanging in there.

@vicky2767 Welcome back Vicky!

@gjaholy33 Welcome back Gloria!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Team Slimsons took 1st place for teams for the month of October, let's see if we can do it again! We got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walked 3 miles
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise no
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track:No
    Calories: probably over
    Exercise: No

Goals/Comments

I snacked on too much Halloween candy today without tracking it, and I’m sure that put me over. We’ll have to put any left over candy in the freezer - or give it away.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 73 minutes outdoor walking
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking, doing laundry, cleaning
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    November Week 1 - Sun, 10/31

Happy Halloween! 👻🍁

Track: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: None
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 525 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday 10/31

Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: Yes

Goals/Comments: Woo I didn't eat any candy this Halloween. I was on my way to bed and remembered I forgot to post today.

Welcome new comers and welcome back team members. I'm glad to be here for another month.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options

gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to November Challenge!

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 42 yrs old, been on this weight-loss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in the back and knees.

Current Weight: 478.6lbs
    71.2lbs and 45 inches lost overall so far.

Woo Hoo because of His Grace and guidance along the way I haven't weighed this low since October 15, 2019. HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!

Just goes to show you when you have God's Power as your strength, acknowledge your faults, and start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

My Plan for Success this month:
    • Surrendering to God in prayer morning & night
    • Abstaining from Fast & Junk Food (except scheduled days)
    • Guidance from my Bariatric Doctor & Personal Trainer
    • Intermittent Fasting Window (16:8, 18:6, 20:4)
    • Start Aquatics 3x a week when permitted
    • Increase Overall workouts from 60mins to 90 mins a day
    • Follow current Whole Food Plant Base with 1600 calories, (Macros 65% Carbs, 15% Fat 20% Protein) allowing 4 days of semi-healthy splurge during (Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday (12/31 and New Year's day)
    • Increase step count from 5000 to 7500 steps daily
    • Continue drinking lots of water 💧
    • Meditate at least 4x a week to center myself
    • Always find a way to prep my food for the week
    • Keep Zero calorie frozen popsicles on hand
    • Measure every month on the 28th
    • Weigh Every Thursday to Stay on Track
    • ENCOURAGE SELF EVERY DAY NOT TO GIVE UP & IF I FAIL; GET BACK UP DON'T STAY DOWN‼️
    ‼️USE THE CRISIS HOTLINE 800 273 8255 ‼️

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤
    You are a true inspiration to us.
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Hi, all. My name is Cindy, and I was part of this team from February to August of this year. Had to drop out at the end of August because I had to flee Hurricane Ida! But even before that, I was starting to slide off the wagon, and during my evacuation and after I got home (no major damage, just some missing roof shingles), the wagon ran over me a few times.

But I got my head back in the game and am ready to do this again. Of course, I gained most of my lost weight back, so I have to re-lose those pounds now. Very frustrating, because if I had stayed on course, I would already be at my goal weight.
    You got this. Glad to see you back and glad you had no major damage.
    elelja945 wrote: »
    Hello Slimsons :) My name is Pearl. I started a battle with my weight almost 22 years ago after the birth of my first child. It has been a roller coaster ride with MANY ups and downs. Now all these years later I find myself back at almost the exact same weight I began. But this time it is not a battle. I am choosing not to fight with my body anymore. I will no longer abuse it, insult it, shame it or compare it to an unachievable look it had once 25 years ago. While I lose the weight this time around I want to learn to love this body, my body that has been a strong, dependable, and constant partner to me. It has carried me through many stages of life never once faltering nor failing to step up everyday to support me. I set a goal to lose 5 pounds during this challenge. One day at a time just giving my body what it needs, fresh air, movement, and nourishing food in moderation. I look forward to sharing and learning this coming month with all of you. -Pearl

Learning to love and truely accept yourself is what I’m working on too. You got this.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Team Slimsons took 1st place for teams for the month of October, let's see if we can do it again! We got this!

Woohoo. And thank you Ashley for your continued guidance and support.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Sun 10/31
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes 50 min walk with the dog

• vicky2767
    Options
    Was in a terrible cranky mood yesterday. Not sure why. Here’s to being in a better mood today.
  • lilith40
    lilith40 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm really happy to be in this challenge with all of you. I've struggled with my weight since my 20s (am 50 now). I lost a lot of weight 2 years ago but gained most of it back during the lockdowns (working from home is NOT good for me!). I'm here because I want to stay motivated and accountable and want to help others do the same if I can.

I'm posting for Sun - I just read about the mini challenge now.
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: 2 hrs of yard work.

Have q great day everyone!
  • AB0215
    Options
    lilith40 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I'm really happy to be in this challenge with all of you. I've struggled with my weight since my 20s (am 50 now). I lost a lot of weight 2 years ago but gained most of it back during the lockdowns (working from home is NOT good for me!). I'm here because I want to stay motivated and accountable and want to help others do the same if I can.

I'm posting for Sun - I just read about the mini challenge now.
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: 2 hrs of yard work.

Have q great day everyone!

@lilith40 Welcome!! Personally, I've been working from home since before it was a thing and it's definitely for me. It gives me more time (due to the lack of a commute) to walk and workout, I think it's always about finding what works for you and everyone is different. That first step is figuring out what works for you and you are well on your way!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Was in a terrible cranky mood yesterday. Not sure why. Here’s to being in a better mood today.

@vicky2767 Some days are like that, maybe spend a little extra time on self care :smile: It IS important!!
This discussion has been closed.