Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!!! WOW it's already Friday!! When I first woke up I for SURE thought it should be Thurs, I was surprised when I looked at my watch!!
    @Macrat12,, HI Sarah!! Cold here too!! Brrrr
    @Bookienj ,,, LOL Kids are so much FUN!! Thirteen is a fun age for some, and sounds like your sweet D is one of those!! I LOVE goofing around with them just to hear that laughter!! Oh no doubt she'll remember it even better because of the goofing around mixed in with the seriousness. Awww you are a good Mom!!

Ohhh I'd so HAPPILY take ALL the snow I could get!! It's so pretty and it'd not so cold as it is,, well LOLOL MAYBE????

At 9 it was
    21gcpx2dw9jl.jpg

Now at 12:30 PM it's 15 and feels like 4. I need to go to the grocery store, I THINK today is a day to wear my winter coat, though not the heavy one.

@Cseguin2 ,, Hon we are thinking of you.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Last fall I paid for MFP Premium. It is supposed to eliminate advertisements and enable tracking and analysis of nutrients. I think I might have had it for a little while and then the ads appeared again. I have tried to contact customer support at MFP to have Premium activated, but no results.

What is the “Priority Customer Support” feature of MyFitnessPal Premium?

Premium MyFitnessPal members will receive personalized, priority assistance from our dedicated support team. To ensure priority handling, please note: If you have purchased Premium and you are not seeing it on your account. Please contact support.

Hmmm..... Contacting support seems quite useless. There is no confirmation that my email was received, etc. and no action is taken.

This month Rebel and started walking every morning before breakfast. As of today we have every street in our neighborhood, and have done a number of walks in the forest.

I have lost about 5 pounds this month, and am still 10 pounds over my lowest weight in 2021. What working?

Walking every morning
    Calorie tracking
    Breakfast smoothies
    Menu planning
    Hubby is doing all of the above too
    Focusing on getting a better quality and amount of sleep

We haven't socialized since Dec. 26th. Hopefully Covid subsides and we can get together again. But is it a coincidence that it has been a little easier to lose weight by not getting together with friends for meals?
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a sunny and cool day here today. my daughter says hello to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep,cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    I had a post but it poofed. it did not like what I was posting about adds... so ... I'll post it on my feed instead ..
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Unfortunately this is my last Mom update as she passed today at 3:30 pm EST 😢. We were able to see her as they knew it wouldn't be long. We had to be masked, gloved, and gowned. But we got to touch her, see her and talk to her. It was really hard to realize that this time she was not coming back. I would have like some private time with her but would not ask my siblings for that as I was trying not to be a problem to my brother. I hope that someday they realize I am not who I was before.

Anyways this morning got up and dressed. Tried to do my studies but just couldn't seem to concentrate and felt very tired. Cuddled with Hubby on the couch then went back to bed. Got up, had breakfast, and some exercise. Still tired so skipped my main workout. After lunch went to work and was there for 30 mins before the call came. Not sure how much the plan will be stuck to for the next several days. But I promise to at least try everyday.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    8dpi8rbgb1hi.jpg
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Gradually getting settled into a routine in the home living with Mom. Other than all the work and listening to her moaning and groaning it's almost like living by myself. I try to have conversation with her and she is just so much in to how she feels, what she wants she doesn't pay much attention to anything I say.

My niece came by today and saw the place and I gave her 5 totes of things of mine I was getting rid of. That much less in the shed
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @kaliswalker ,,, I've not tried Premium. I don't mind the ads, actually LOLOL I rarely notice them cause I just look at what it is ,, I going for. I don't mind not having the macro's that had never played into my losing weight. I too had gained during the break, WOW Just checked not nearly as bad as my memory had me at!! At the start of the Fall Challenge I was at 177.2 at the end of it I had barely lost at 176.8. The start of this challenge at 180.2 so a gain of 3.4 lbs.

Like you Lynn, I've clamped back down, and this time around I want to at LEAST lose 50% of my 5% which would be to lose at least 4.7 lbs. But I also set a long term goal, of 163 by the end of the year. I had done my WHY do I want to lose, and did it in a blog. My WHY is simple. My heart. Its harder now with breathing than it's ever been, but it could be that much worse and faster. So that's my why. Today I was in the grocery store, I had to get cheese, which is near the ice cream. A phrase you use often hit me as I looked over towards the ice cream "RED LIGHT FOOD!" AND I WALKED AWAY!! Funny how things we say really do help others. TY TY TY!! So keep your WHY and the list you just wrote out, and we'll see you at the end of year ,,with both of us a SIZE OR MORE DOWN!! WOOHOO!! Let's stay focused. BECAUSE We've done this before,,, we will again. That goes for all of us, to stay focused on our WHY. And come here, we'll help each other. LOVE THAT!!

@Cormierannie,,,, CHEEP CHEEP ,,, cold here too. A high of 19. LOL indeed 19, last night low was -3 (F) without the wind chill ,, with the wind chill,, well I had my heat UP!! And Izzy ordered a new puurrrr coat. LOL SILLY KITTY!!
    fw2c4jcaf36f.jpg

@LindiemaeP,, HATE it when my post POOFS!!! Oh grrrrrr!!! I'll look for your post.

@Cseguin2,,, Hon, I am so very very sad about your Mom. How fast life passes us by. I hope your siblings get to see you for who you are now. Indeed you care so deeply from the heart. May they observe your actions and forget the past. Its so good you all got to go in and say goodbye to your sweet Mom though of course we'd of much rather she'd of improved. Our hearts are with you. Do not worry about your team, know they'll understand. If you hadn't notified any of your leaders or posted on the chat you may wish to do that. It's up to you of course. Take one day at a time. Hugs from us all.

@wallahalla ,, LOL I am a WONDERING WHERE IT IS??? Our grass is back being bare bare , bare. HOPEFULLY we'll get more soon. It really makes such a difference to those who have wells. We worry about them.

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 My condolences to you and your family over the loss of your mom.. @Dianedoessmiles1 gave some good advice. Hugs,
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @dkhudson56 ,, Sounds GREAT that you are setting in!! WOOHOO to that!! Sometimes when one is older, they're pretty settled into a comfy "who they are" and it's nearly impossible to change things for them. It helps us to see what type of older person we'd like to be, and work on it while we are young enough. COOL that it's almost like living alone (I hope that's in a good way). Are you bowling? Or doing something else you enjoy? Perhaps trying new things in the neighborhood?
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It's 24 feels like 17 with a high of 46 for today. Axe Sharpening: The harder the journey, the more you learn about yourself.~~Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy National Blonde Brownie Day!!! Fitness quote for today: I will reach my goal weight this year.~~changeinseconds.co Motivational quote for today: Happiness comes from giving up the need to be right and learning to appreciate different perspectives.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,746 steps yesterday. Won't know my work schedule for next week until sometime today to plan my training sessions for the week.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 - I’m so sorry about your mom. It breaks my heart knowing how difficult this is. I’m new to the group, don’t know you at all, but understand this is heartbreaking. Hugs to you.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • NBQANYMORE
    NBQANYMORE Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ha!! I finally figured out how to join the group! This site is so different than SP in many ways. For any of you that remember BITEMENCO from SP, that's me... From what I've read so far, it seems the challenges work the same way here as they did on SP - breakout teams and tracking exercise and living the good life challenge points. Do I need to be put on a team? The team intro says it's never too late to join in, and that's a change from the SP groups....a good change, since it means I don't have to wait until the spring challenge to get started!
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    hqo705c917ps.jpg
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx! Enjoying this age. We get attitude/slunk sometimes but I know get it an hour or day and she’ll be back. We have the cold you have-no precipitation planned til Tuesday thank goodness.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -oh I am so sorry. I am glad you were able to say goodbye even though you couldn’t be alone with her.
    @wallahalla -lol! And so true-specially with the slipping. I get so many less steps due to this.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Hi everyone! Later check in for me-spent time playing games with family and then Pokémon go community day with hubby. While walking I got a text from my dad that my 95 yo grandma is in congestive heart failure. I talked to her for a while and said I would call again tomorrow
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @biketheworld ,,, WELCOME to the 5% Challenge!!!
    @Patti241 ,,, HI Patti!! Hope you are doing well?
    @NBQANYMORE ,, WOOHOO So happy to see you with us!! WTG!!! You do need to be put onto a team, the way to find your invite easily is to: When you click on the Community Tab (up above as it was on Sparks) Than click on the GROUPS, and RIGHT underneath that you'll see your invite to one of the 8 teams. WOOHOO TO THAT!!!
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,785 Member
    Options
    @NBQANYMORE I have sent you a team invitation.