Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    It's 40 feels like 36 with a high of 72 for today. I AM: I am ready to receive and give love. Axe Sharpening: We all go through stuff. It's our reaction and response to that stuff that separates certain people from the crowd.~~Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. Fitness quote for today: Sometimes you WIN, sometimes you learn.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: It's OK if things fall apart. It's what happens next that defines you. Will you sit and stress, or will you roll up your sleeves and put them back together?~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,447 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Back and Shoulders as I switched from Cross Training to Traditional weight lifting.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -that’s awesome you have walking buddies! I have one person I walk with every Wednesday and then a few people just every once in a while.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    boi1phia6ure.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. 🔻2.75 lbs! Woohoo! Got my Son's and my life insurance taken care of today. Feel so much better having that done. She also talked to me about some other things as well that I need to figure out. It was great to talk to someone who has known my family for years and has experience in multiple things. Back is feeling better today but still a little sore. Glad it's a rest day.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    @Bookienj,,, SO COOL you have Weds walking buddies!! Are you interested in more people to walk in? I belong to Next Door, I am sure if you do and put up a post you'll get some results. Or check to see if there's another way to find them. OH NO DOUBT there are quite a few. Or just simply do as I did ,,, ask your friends and neighbors.
    @Wallahalla,, LOLOL Okay that one I CERTAINLY DID LAUGH HARD!
    @Cseguin2 ,, GLAD you are taking care of your back!! WOOHOO on the weight loss!! Hey GREAT JOB!! AND also on the insurance etc being taken care of.

I made some honey mustard chicken strips for supper. OH MY SO SUPER GOOD!!
    rtshs0arpt4i.jpg

By making it myself the sodium was so LOW!! On the other hand the sugar (honey) was higher, but I am okay with that. Well for today. LOL!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 45 feels like 41 with a high of 76 for today. I AM: I am the only one who can control my life. Axe Sharpening: if your circle isn't pushing you, inspiring you, loving you, motivating you, and growing you-you need a new circle.~~Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. Fitness quote for today: When your work speaks for itself, DON'T INTERRUPT.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Wake up in the morning and smile. When your body tells your mind you're happy, it falls in line.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,903 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is modified for at home leg day.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, Hi Patti!!! It was cold here again,but we know i love that!! Its 37 feels like 31 with the wind chill. I've taken a friend to an appointment. It's an hour long one. So I did a 10 min slow walk. No need for a heavy coat, I have on a sweatshirt,,didn't need it buttoned up. Have you been able to go outside today?
  • wallahalla
    Options
    d87g94ikgrb7.gif
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx for the suggestion! I walk with hubby most mornings and evenings. And when I am solo I gladly have an audio book going.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very busy day! I even went for my first official walk of the year. Hadn't planned to do the whole distance but felt so good. I have been planning a challenge that I am doing in a group. I am surprised how much work is going into it. How inspired I feel when I read over what I have written. I am so excited about leading it but extremely nervous as well. This is giving me good practice in positive self talk.

gcsynhkzg7vh.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Wallahalla,, OOPS!! Though I'd DO SNACKS ANY DAY OVER SNAKES!!
    @Bookienj,,, I enjoy the peacefulness when I am on my own. LOL Today I've had so many texts I WANNA SCREAM SO BADLY!! Sadly if I do, LOL they both might hear it!! Though one is upstairs 3 floors in the other wing, and the other person is in the building next door. Its good to be loved of course. But the peacefulness of grabbing a book on a walk,, ahhhh nice!! Glad you get to enjoy that!!
    @Cseguin2 ,, what a LOVELY area you get to walk in!!! Have FUN with the challenge!! Love it when I feel motivated!! I HAVE been feeling that this time around ,, for the weight loss. I kept my goal at a simple 50% or at least 25%. I'll likely hit the 50%! WTG on setting goals and reaching them as you are doing!! INSPIRING!! TY TY TY!!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 43 feels like 43 with a high of 67 for today. I AM: I have the power to change my story. Axe Sharpening: Don't be that person that spends a lot of time talking about what they are going to do, but no time actually doing it.~~Tony Sentmanat 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Start today by appreciating your body and that you're alive. Fitness quote for today: A little progress each day adds up to big results.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: When you make an effort to enjoy every single thing in your life, suddenly you'll see your life from a whole new perspective.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,147 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is truck unload this morning then Shoulders/Chest this afternoon in the gym.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Diane: I was able to go out for a walk yesterday. Today I am going to the bank and some do some shopping so I will get my walking in that way today.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw I hope today is a better day!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was cold but sunny. Had a productive day! Studied, went for a short walk as it was just to cold, got my dishes almost caught up, and some laundry done. Also worked on the challenge a bit and played cards with Hubby.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, WOOHOO On combing both errands and exercise!!! I call it "exercise with a purpose." Hope you got some good bargains!!
    @Bookienj ,,, It was in many ways. How was your day? Where you able to get out today or was also so COLD out? LOL It was SO COLD!!! Not that I really minded that much. We know I'm MUCH happier in the ❄than I in the ☀🌡(heat).
    @Cseguin2 ,,,Its almost 6:15 PM (EST) and its 23 (I think our high was 33) feels like 9,,, highest I saw the wind chill today was 21) going down to 1 F. I can EASILY understand why you kept it really shot outside. THINK of the 🌷⚾🌺💐cause it'll be here before we know it!! For Maine usually we really notice it starting mid April for some flowers to start to come up, but lately not til May for leaves to really POP out on the trees.

How are you feeling about the Winter Challenge and how you did?

I had set in my mind what I wanted to lose, knowing I DO NOT lose quickly,,, and WOOHOO I am RIGHT on schedule, if not a tiny bit ahead of time. I have my EYES on the 50% Weight loss badge the Positively Strong 4 Life team makes
    qk4ao7f2x750.png
  • wallahalla
    Options
    95rcjgd1w16n.gif
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day! Morning of studying and working out. We decided to wait till tomorrow for our trip as the winds are high and chance of white outs. Afternoon was movie time. Dinner is left overs so enjoying my relaxation.
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Rained on and off all day. Today is rest weigh and TOPS day. Gained 7.5 lbs🙄. I knew I was struggling but not that much. Oh well. Once I get everything back on track, finish dealing with Mom's stuff and find my new routine that works maybe I will reach that goal. Loaded up on veggies and fruit at the store between the rains.

Sound great and nice to hear from you!
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    @Bookienj,,, SO COOL you have Weds walking buddies!! Are you interested in more people to walk in? I belong to Next Door, I am sure if you do and put up a post you'll get some results. Or check to see if there's another way to find them. OH NO DOUBT there are quite a few. Or just simply do as I did ,,, ask your friends and neighbors.
    @Wallahalla,, LOLOL Okay that one I CERTAINLY DID LAUGH HARD!
    @Cseguin2 ,, GLAD you are taking care of your back!! WOOHOO on the weight loss!! Hey GREAT JOB!! AND also on the insurance etc being taken care of.

I made some honey mustard chicken strips for supper. OH MY SO SUPER GOOD!!
    rtshs0arpt4i.jpg

By making it myself the sodium was so LOW!! On the other hand the sugar (honey) was higher, but I am okay with that. Well for today. LOL!

Wow! They look yummy!