Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,872 Member
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Fridays
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 224.2 ( Gained 5 lbs)
    LTD: 23 lbs

I am surprised the gain wasn't worse ... I expect a gain for the next few weeks ... with all the baking I am doing ... all the cravings that I am allowing ...come January 1st ... I will be going back to Keto and working out again ... I am excited to see what I can do in a full year :)

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,802 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW 218.4
    PW 219.4

Awesome loss!

So just had my dietitian appt and it went really well. She was hugely impressed with the changes I've already made and said I'd done half her work for her. Was very impressed by my weight loss so far. Gave me some good ideas for lunches and dinners going forward. Also wants me to do the optifast diet for 2 weeks just to really hit the fat around my liver fast and hard (but she did say don't try it until after the holidays which is good). But all in all pretty much just said kept doing what I'm doing. That feels great I just wanted to take the guess work out of everything and make sure I was on the right track and she said I was100% on track. 😁

Sounds like she gave you some great ideas. What is an optifast diet?

Optifast is one of the shake diets, I'm not looking forward to it. It's what they put you on when you go for bariatric surgery and they need you to shrink the fat around your liver. I only have to do it for 2 weeks though, she just wants to kick start getting rid of the dangerous fat in my liver.

I remember that from when I looked in to gastric bypass. I think it was 6 weeks you had to do it. Glad your dog was ok. He just wanted Mom to get extra exercise. I have to remember to ask my dietitian for a good goal weight. I think I would be happy between 160 and 170.

rwood566 wrote: »
    good evening everyone. one less day until New Years Eve. Woohoo. I hope you all have your plans set and your alcohol bought.

check in for 12/16:
    steps - 6922. will get more later tonight since i have to go pick up daughter from work in an hour.
    calories - 1512. it's a bit low but it's very close. i didn't put in 5 wheat thins this evening.
    exercise - neighborhood walk this frigid morning. i lasted 45 minutes. it was 43F when i left at 9am. tomorrow will be the gym. i'm not doing that again. since i've lost so much weight i'm COLD!!!

i do expect a weight gain for the weekly weigh in tomorrow. sorry everyone. i am trying to get the salt flushed out today. 157 oz water taken in. not nearly that much out....yet. i expect 3 or 4 trips in the middle of the night.

@Pippin20206 great job monitoring your weight and asking your nutritionist. nobody here seems to know where i'm supposed to stop since i'm carrying so much extra skin. Good luck with the optifast.
    @888Angie888 very nice loss. keep up the great work.

I never think of it being cold in your neck of the woods but I have a funny feeling your definition of cold is very different than mine. It’s 38F here today and I have all my windows open. Very nice walk!

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Fridays
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 224.2 ( Gained 5 lbs)
    LTD: 23 lbs

I am surprised the gain wasn't worse ... I expect a gain for the next few weeks ... with all the baking I am doing ... all the cravings that I am allowing ...come January 1st ... I will be going back to Keto and working out again ... I am excited to see what I can do in a full year :)

I love your take on this. I have been sulking all morning about my gain. I am going to look forward not backwards. Thanks!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,255 Member
    calories for today - under
    fitness minutes 142
    steps 12,563
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅ Steps
    ✅ Closed rings

PW 199.6
    CW 202

I hope I can maintain or keep any weight gain to a minimum over the next 2 weeks. I will not be in the pool as much with my Mom being here and lots of situations with food coming up. I am aiming to reach a step goal of 5,000 on days I am not in the pool. I will log my food the best I can but I will definitely practice mindfulness. I have set my calorie goal to maintenance for the next few weeks. Tomorrow is my granddaughters 16th birthday. We are having a small family gathering but there will be lots of food and cake.

Happy FriYAY!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 5,523
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Happy Friday everyone.
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 248.8
    CW: 249.0. +0.2 lbs.
    I will take that gain. Trying to eat better and control my snacking. Will be talking with nutritionist in an hour.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,950 Member
    Home from the hospital with an awesome report! Norm was a benign lipoma! Now I just have to be careful of the sternum to naval incision. I am so blessed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Home from the hospital with an awesome report! Norm was a benign lipoma! Now I just have to be careful of the sternum to naval incision. I am so blessed.

Welcome home... Glad it was a success ..............hugs
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,979 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 140
    CW: 140

Hope everyone is doing well. Off to mail another Xmas package.😊
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Weigh Day Friday
    PW 251
    CW 250.5

I’ll take it!
    Steps this week so far:
    M 11,354
    T 7763
    W 6000
    Th 3000

Oof. I was worn out yesterday and today. Lots of busy prep yesterday but did not equal a lot of steps. And today working on crochet projects…. We'll see what the evening brings. I want to make good progress this week. It is tough to balance holidays with new habits, but I want to do this for life. So I’m not giving up.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Well had an emotional binge Tuesday night. Those feelings of being an imposter popped up again. I know better than to think these negative thoughts since you become what you think of yourself. Literally was 5 pounds heavier Wednesday morning! Added another 1 1/2 lbs Thursday. Fortunately the scale is going down today. What triggered the imposter feelings is that I have a brunch date Sunday with a guy that has a lot of athletic hobbies. Don’t think it will go further. But it gets me out of the house.

Let’s all have a great weekend and enjoy our blessings!
  • rwood566
    Good evening everyone. Welcome to the last weekend before Santa comes. Get your stockings hung. For Santa's sake please wash them first. Lol
    Check in for 12/17:
    Steps - 3308. No cardio today and done shopping.
    Calories - 1441 or so. Therapist said to log all of my grazing. Hopefully that will help.
    Exercise - gym this morning. 9 machines, mostly upper body. Did back extension for the first time since back got hurt. I got a couple twinges so I stopped and didn't bike. Safe over sorry. Hope to hit the wild animal park tomorrow to see their lights.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in for the day:

12/17:
    Calories: 1,158
    Exercise: Elliptical 90 minutes and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 13,554

I had a great exercise day yesterday - was a little worn out - so will probably not have as strenuous of a day today. I hope you all have a great day!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Daily check-in
    Calories 820 too low i know but I didn't get up until midday so by the time I had breakfast and lunch there wasn't time for dinner.
    Steps 10357 woo! Did a lot of shopping, then took kids (dogs) for a walk.

Bought my old boy a beautiful sofa bed because he's the only one who doesn't wreck the beds. Set it up on my bed with a cool mat and a fan, he's loving it.

9d0rajp4bbc1.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Happy Friday everyone.
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 248.8
    CW: 249.0. +0.2 lbs.
    I will take that gain. Trying to eat better and control my snacking. Will be talking with nutritionist in an hour.

Any loss is good. Let us know how it goes with the nutritionist.

tahm42 wrote: »

That is great new! Heal quickly and get lots of bed rest!

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 140
    CW: 140

Hope everyone is doing well. Off to mail another Xmas package.😊

Maintaining during the holiday season is an accomplishment. How have you been doing?

MeowScout wrote: »
    Weigh Day Friday
    PW 251
    CW 250.5

I’ll take it!
    Steps this week so far:
    M 11,354
    T 7763
    W 6000
    Th 3000

Oof. I was worn out yesterday and today. Lots of busy prep yesterday but did not equal a lot of steps. And today working on crochet projects…. We'll see what the evening brings. I want to make good progress this week. It is tough to balance holidays with new habits, but I want to do this for life. So I’m not giving up.

Nice loss! The important part is never giving up.

Well had an emotional binge Tuesday night. Those feelings of being an imposter popped up again. I know better than to think these negative thoughts since you become what you think of yourself. Literally was 5 pounds heavier Wednesday morning! Added another 1 1/2 lbs Thursday. Fortunately the scale is going down today. What triggered the imposter feelings is that I have a brunch date Sunday with a guy that has a lot of athletic hobbies. Don’t think it will go further. But it gets me out of the house.

Let’s all have a great weekend and enjoy our blessings!

Binge eating is a tough one. I know for me the binge makes me feel great in the moment but worse after the fact. Negative self thinking is sometimes hard to stop sometimes. Do you have any positive things you can say to yourself when they hit? Maybe make a list and have them near by to read. Have a great weekend also!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Good evening everyone. Welcome to the last weekend before Santa comes. Get your stockings hung. For Santa's sake please wash them first. Lol
    Check in for 12/17:
    Steps - 3308. No cardio today and done shopping.
    Calories - 1441 or so. Therapist said to log all of my grazing. Hopefully that will help.
    Exercise - gym this morning. 9 machines, mostly upper body. Did back extension for the first time since back got hurt. I got a couple twinges so I stopped and didn't bike. Safe over sorry. Hope to hit the wild animal park tomorrow to see their lights.

Lucky you with all your shopping done. I hope to finish today. Great job on the gym! Smart stopping as you don’t want to be injured this time of year.
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in for the day:

12/17:
    Calories: 1,158
    Exercise: Elliptical 90 minutes and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 13,554

I had a great exercise day yesterday - was a little worn out - so will probably not have as strenuous of a day today. I hope you all have a great day!

You probably need a rest day. Do you do the elliptical at the gym or home? Sorry if I asked this already.

Daily check-in
    Calories 820 too low i know but I didn't get up until midday so by the time I had breakfast and lunch there wasn't time for dinner.
    Steps 10357 woo! Did a lot of shopping, then took kids (dogs) for a walk.

Bought my old boy a beautiful sofa bed because he's the only one who doesn't wreck the beds. Set it up on my bed with a cool mat and a fan, he's loving it.

9d0rajp4bbc1.jpg

Awesome steps! He is so cute! I would love to own a dog again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅ Steps
    ❌ Closed rings (like Meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad)

Due to the insane Covid numbers we are going back under restrictions starting Sunday. I am hoping that my landlord just reduces capacity in the pool and not close it. Social indoor gatherings are reduced to 10 people and capacity is cut in half at most indoor settings. Today I am heading to the pool and then grocery shopping. We have to pick the cakes( yes there are 2) at the bakery after lunch. I will not look at any of the goodies. I have to finish my Christmas shopping (mostly gift cards) today. Then it is the sweet 16th birthday celebration.

Now to decide my pool workout! 🤔

Have a super Saturday’

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 5,013
  • peng123
    @lindamtuck2018 I am lucky enough to have an elliptical machine at home so it's very convenient.
  • MeowScout
    Happy Saturday all!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 12/17 1000

I have a busy fun day underway. Breakfast out, University Basketball game with the family, then back to help with church youth group Christmas party. And jimmy Johns. Time to track!!
  • Pippin20206
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 188.7
    CW 187.6

Baby steps, just happy its still going down. Sustainable weight loss is 0.5-1kg a week. This week was 0.5kg so I'm happy. I'm now 85.1kg and in the past I've found it really difficult to get past 85kg so feeling hopeful that I can break past this barrier in the next couple of weeks and I hope Xmas doesn't muck me up too much.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Red1185
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 161.8

Finally on winter break!! Woop woop! 2 weeks off - I’m so excited!
    These next few weeks will be crucial for me to continue getting in my exercise, and not just laying around the house. Definitely need to make sure I get my steps in!
    This last week at work wasn’t so great because I was so crazy busy finalizing things for the end of the semester.

12/11: 3,567
    12/12: 5,338
    12/13: 7,391
    12/14: 9,366
    12/15: 6,602
    12/16: 4,993
    12/17: 4,829
    12/18: 1,062 (yikes!)
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2021
    One of the cakes for my granddaughters birthday!
    i4lbiko0zt20.jpeg
  • rwood566
    Good evening everyone. One more week and all this xmas madness ends. Then comes the store return madness.
    Check in for 12/18:
    Steps - 10830. More but I had my hands in my pockets to get warm.
    Calories - around 1650. Ate dinner at the wild animal park. Had hot chocolate, half of a brie/apple/cranberry sauce grilled cheese sandwich. It was surprisingly good.
    Exercise - 3 1/2 hours at the animal park to see santa (I asked for help to lose more weight) and see the lights and animals at night. The coolest thing was wild (not theirs) mule deer. I was 20 feet from them, including a very nice buck. They came to the park to feed and bed down in safety.
  • peng123
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! Here's my weigh-in and check-in:

PW: 179.6
    CW: 176.8 (-2.8)
    SW: 250

12/18:
    Calores: 1,162
    Exercise: None!
    Steps: 5,000

My body was really tired from all of the exercise that I have been doing - so I took a recovery day yesterday. I'm quite encouraged by my weight-loss this week - so I'm ready to get right back on that elliptical. I hope you all have a great day!!
  • Pippin20206
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 7091
  • lindamtuck2018
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Happy Saturday all!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 12/17 1000

I have a busy fun day underway. Breakfast out, University Basketball game with the family, then back to help with church youth group Christmas party. And jimmy Johns. Time to track!!

Sounds like a fun day! I bet you were beat by the end of the day.

Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 188.7
    CW 187.6

Baby steps, just happy its still going down. Sustainable weight loss is 0.5-1kg a week. This week was 0.5kg so I'm happy. I'm now 85.1kg and in the past I've found it really difficult to get past 85kg so feeling hopeful that I can break past this barrier in the next couple of weeks and I hope Xmas doesn't muck me up too much.

Amazing loss!

red1185 wrote: »
    Red1185
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 161.8

Finally on winter break!! Woop woop! 2 weeks off - I’m so excited!
    These next few weeks will be crucial for me to continue getting in my exercise, and not just laying around the house. Definitely need to make sure I get my steps in!
    This last week at work wasn’t so great because I was so crazy busy finalizing things for the end of the semester.
    12/11: 3,567
    12/12: 5,338
    12/13: 7,391
    12/14: 9,366
    12/15: 6,602
    12/16: 4,993
    12/17: 4,829
    12/18: 1,062 (yikes!)

Try doing mini walks through the day. It will help build those steps up.

Good evening everyone. One more week and all this xmas madness ends. Then comes the store return madness.
    Check in for 12/18:
    Steps - 10830. More but I had my hands in my pockets to get warm.
    Calories - around 1650. Ate dinner at the wild animal park. Had hot chocolate, half of a brie/apple/cranberry sauce grilled cheese sandwich. It was surprisingly good.
    Exercise - 3 1/2 hours at the animal park to see santa (I asked for help to lose more weight) and see the lights and animals at night. The coolest thing was wild (not theirs) mule deer. I was 20 feet from them, including a very nice buck. They came to the park to feed and bed down in safety.

Fantastic steps! Your sandwich sounds delicious. Hope Santa brings your wish.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, Downsizers! Here's my weigh-in and check-in:

PW: 179.6
    CW: 176.8 (-2.8)
    SW: 250

12/18:
    Calores: 1,162
    Exercise: None!
    Steps: 5,000

My body was really tired from all of the exercise that I have been doing - so I took a recovery day yesterday. I'm quite encouraged by my weight-loss this week - so I'm ready to get right back on that elliptical. I hope you all have a great day!!

Awesome loss! We definitely need to take a rest day.
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 7091

great day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅ Steps
    ✅ Closed rings

I did a fairly short swim/workout yesterday but my actual steps were over 10k. I am going to the pool this morning and then I am doing very little the rest of the day. It was a nice family birthday yesterday. Lots of laughs. I tried to log calories but I know I was way off.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 14,611
  • MeowScout
    Good morning!
    12/18 Steps 7060

@lindamtuck2018 Yes I was worn out, but in a good way. And happy Swimming! I should get back to that myself.

I will have to be intentional about my steps today, because I have afternoon work to do and a zoom gathering. And then out with friends for a trivia night. Light on calories for the day time!, saving some for tacos and a margarita!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited December 2021
    g25ysmuuf6uh.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need ... Please have them in by the evening of Tuesday the 21st ...If I do not have them in by then ..then I will have no choice but to zero them out... thanks for understanding :)

@tahm42... I don't know if you want to be excused from this week since you just had surgery ...let me know ...if you don't want to be excused then I need your steps from 12/12-12/18

@littleflutterby 12/14-12/18
This discussion has been closed.