WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @planemonkey thank you, must be bcuz I am obsessed with checking out my reflection these days
    And I am so sorry about your dad, that is heartbreaking. Your strength and attitude in the face of this tragedy is truly mindblowing, hats off to you!

@kellie_erin and @conleywoods Thank you! I tell myself that there are two ways I can win at any given day. It's either by staying within my calorie budget for that day. And if that doesn't happen, then the other way is by forgiving myself for overeating. That day was a win bcuz I was quick in forgiving myself :)

@jugar ofcourse I am sweet and wonderful, no question about it :)

@ashleycarole86 Thank you! Skiing was such a workout but still fun. And omg, didn't know crying after drinking was a common thing. Another reason to avoid drinking I guess :)

@DD265 OMG! that was such a sweet compliment. Thank you 🤗🤗

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    That was one lovely Tuesday, at least here. I hope everyone else has had or is having a good one too!

Time for some reminders!

Overdue weigh-ins:
    @twdempsey
    @Phyllislee0124

Up next Wednesday people:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @MandiSaysHey
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon

I just had a very celebratory apple crisp (gluten free so my taller half could enjoy it too!) with vanilla ice milk - SO good. It is now put away. I will NOT have any more. No.

Question to ponder - since we are heading towards the last part of January - what will keep you going into February? Are there things we can do together to keep on track and hitting those goals? All suggestions accepted.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,132 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Question to ponder - since we are heading towards the last part of January - what will keep you going into February? Are there things we can do together to keep on track and hitting those goals? All suggestions accepted.

For me it's just continuing to be here every day, and to stay focused on my habits.

I have felt mentally tired from work, and I am glad I have put so much control around set habits so that I can go on auto pilot a bit.

So I think just ensuring you're always clear on which habits you're working on and keeping focus on those is really helpful.

1/17 exercise:
    48 minutes Peloton, 10 minutes strength, 7934 steps

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I’ve been struggling to find my motivation but today we’ve started planning a summer trip - those tend to give me some motivation. There will be a lot of hiking so I’ll need to prepare!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I went waaay over my calorie goal yesterday :# it was a combination of being very busy and very tired (mentally and physically) so I over ate. I did see a gain on the scales this morning but that's OK - I somehow managed to power through and the gain will drop off easily enough. As a result of getting so much done last night, this evening can be calmer.

I got the last of the baking done; sultana flapjack and chocolate oat & ginger biscuits, another coat of primer in the airing cupboard and that should be sufficient on the walls/ceiling now. Also got some more 'bits' ordered - it's amazing how many pieces are involved in upholstery and how long it can take to find the right thing at a good price. I will be making a roman blind, four cushions for the sofa, a window sill cushion (for the cats) and reupholstering our dining chairs, so there's quite a lot to get. Once I have all the materials together, I can arrange time with Mom and her sewing machine - she used to be a seamstress and has always wanted to teach my sister and I.

Tonight I will lightly sand and prime the airing cupboard woodwork. I also need to get some activity points; either a walk, a run, or I could go to the gym and use the rowing machine. Tea is a freezer jobby - spicy chicken pasta - so there's no time consuming cooking to do. Mostly I can't believe it's only Wednesday!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I had a perfect day yesterday. I do not want to mess that up by hopping on the scale today. For this week only, I am going to weigh in Friday. Thank you.

I had a rough January so I am definitely looking forward to crushing my goals in February.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @jugar Continuing to log my food daily motivates me into February. Also, getting in extra steps.

I have a busy day today as I start teaching again after taking some time off (since May). Spring semester begins this week and I feel hopeful and a little nervous (although I've been teaching for 15 years).

But I plan to stay positive and focused!

Jenn
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    1/17: 20 minutes weightlifting + 31 minutes step aerobics + 5983 steps
    1/18: 30 minute walk + 80 minutes yoga + 5582 steps

Mostly sat around at my computer on 1/18, getting ready for Spring semester and playing video games, and doing other work. But I was happy to get in a walk and some yoga.

Happy Wednesday, team! Weighing in today...in just a few moments.

Jenn
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar may I please be excused this week?
  • metaphysicalstudio
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    I’ve been struggling to find my motivation but today we’ve started planning a summer trip - those tend to give me some motivation. There will be a lot of hiking so I’ll need to prepare!

@gak71 I love that you're planning ahead. Cash in tomorrow's motivation today. What a great idea!

Jenn
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1/18 exercise:
    12,112 steps + 1 hour Orangetheory (25 minutes treadmill and 35 minutes weightlifting, rowing, and stretching. Fitbit gave me 4653 steps for this).

@jugar that's a good question. I find February one of the most difficult months to get through, thankfully it's short. For me, I'm signing up for an 8 week transformation challenge at my gym that starts on January 31st with a gym friend (who is now a friend!). I'm hoping we can help keep each other motivated. While I want to keep losing weight, I think I'm going to try to focus on lifting heavier weights to feel stronger. I know I feel the best about myself when I'm feeling strong, especially if I can see the biceps growing!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I had a perfect day yesterday. I do not want to mess that up by hopping on the scale today. For this week only, I am going to weigh in Friday. Thank you.

I had a rough January so I am definitely looking forward to crushing my goals in February.

absolutely no problem! I am glad you nabbed that perfect day. I'm on one today to recover a bit of a celebration yesterday that involved apple crisp and ice milk. I'll think of you today any time temptation hits - we've got this :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar may I please be excused this week?

Indeed you may!
  • jugar
    Options
    I think I'm going to try to focus on lifting heavier weights to feel stronger. I know I feel the best about myself when I'm feeling strong, especially if I can see the biceps growing!

I love this! I'm going through a "back to the weights" time and even though it is hard sometimes, the results of feeling strong are a real boost. Let's keep it going through February!
This discussion has been closed.