This Year is Our Year for Success!

KonaKat
KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
We have been going onward as we set our goals and downward as we lose weight despite challenges. Maintaining is a big challenge as we can become careless in our daily activities and eating. We are our own food police. Remember that those "just one more bites" can
add up!

Replies

• KonaKat
    I lost 21 pounds last year and hope that I will lose some more this year. I have my regular appointment with my primary doctor today, and assume the hospital mini-vacation is still on for tomorrow but that is still a wait and see with all the Covid cases.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Jean, thank you for setting up the new thread. I’m wishing you good luck with your office visit today and praying a bed is available for your procedure tomorrow. I’m sure you’ll be happy to get that done and behind you. Congrats on the 21 pound loss! That’s quite an achievement given the conditions we all faced last year.

Due to the broken arm diet I’ve been on, I have lost about 5 pounds since November 30th, lol. I’m not sure if I’m eating better food, or if it’s because I drop several bites because my right hand is weak and shaky now, and my left hand wasn’t much better when I was using it. I do know while I was in the hospital they didn’t feed me for 2 days, so that gave me a big jumpstart! Of course, it also made me so weak and shaky that I had a hard time walking the hallways with the PT person and they didn’t want to sign off on releasing me. DH finally said to them “What do you expect? She hasn’t eaten for 2 days. Of course she’s weak and shaky!” It seems no one had even thought about ordering any meal trays for me until then. I was pretty heavily medicated so I wasn’t keeping track. As long as they gave me the pain meds I was happy, more or less. Since I’ve been home we’ve had several kind friends and neighbors who have brought us food or sent us Door Dash gift cards, so we have had some very nice meals. Those are tapering off now, so it’s back to our regular meals now. I think I may have regained a pound or two of that 5 pound loss.

I also discovered this morning that it is not only my pinky that is numb. One side of my ring finger (the one facing the pinky) is also numb and it extends into my hand, all the way down the side to just below my wrist. The accident has been the gift that keeps on giving!
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Pam - no one thought about feeding you in the hospital? Boy, the hospitals really are in bad shape (not their fault of course). I'm so sorry about the numbness!
  • mdubbs1
    Weight-wise I had a bad year. I know that's related to everything horrible that happened this year. Once upon a time I thought I wasn't a stress eater but that's obviously not true. I weighed myself this morning and have myself set up to get back on track!

ruvbv4fx632j.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    The last two months of 2021 were not great. I stress ate, didn’t weigh myself or log any meals. My head just wasn’t in the right place. I started over yesterday. I was surprised when I weighed myself that I was only up a pound from my last October weight. I lost around 13 pounds during the year. I’d hoped to do better but life got in the way. I’m back to logging and tracking my water as well as reading the Noom lessons. Baby steps back.
  • PamS53
    Helene, considering the stress and sadness you were and are dealing with, a 1 pound weight gain is nothing. You are taking control and will soon be back on a better, healthier path.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene - I second that - you did great considering!
  • KonaKat
    I think everyone has done well considering all the stressors of 2021.

I am sitting here waiting to see if the hospital calls. Regular person who has a procedure that can be delayed because of beds going to Covid patients. My niece who works at the hospital said they had patients with breakthrough Covid but the huge majority of Covid patients had never had one shot.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I think everyone has done well considering all the stressors of 2021.

I am sitting here waiting to see if the hospital calls. Regular person who has a procedure that can be delayed because of beds going to Covid patients. My niece who works at the hospital said they had patients with breakthrough Covid but the huge majority of Covid patients had never had one shot.

Still sending out good thoughts for you to get the call!

It's beyond frustrating that we have the answer to reducing the trauma/damage of this virus and we're not taking them! Hospital people are leaving in-person care as fast as they can figure something out. And who can blame them?
  • Helene610
    Jean, I hope you got the call about your procedure schedule. It makes me sad to see people on the news who chose not to get vaccinated and then they or family get seriously ill with Covid. In some cases, family died. They have regrets that they didn’t get the vaccine but it’s too late. I saw a story this morning about an 8 month old who was hospitalized with Covid. She was born prematurely and had a non-Covid virus a couple months ago. You have to wonder how careful her parents were about exposing her to viruses. I don’t know if her family were vaccinated or not but you have to wonder if they masked up and socially distanced. I hope she recovers.
  • KonaKat
    I accidentally deleted the message so here goes an abbreviated version.

I didn't make it to the hospital. The cardiologist's nurse called me and said the emergency room had too many non-Covid patients waiting for a room. My heart rate this morning was 124.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    I accidentally deleted the message so here goes an abbreviated version.

I didn't make it to the hospital. The cardiologist's nurse called me and said the emergency room had too many non-Covid patients waiting for a room. My heart rate this morning was 124.

Well, drat and double drat!!!!!
  • mdubbs1
    DH keeps forwarding me these depressing articles. I'd rather open Lil's emails with photos about the cats we rescued at Sharon's. In the process of trying to trap the two cats she was feeding on her porch she got 3 bonus cats. Doesn't this guy just look super relieved to be inside? We're calling him Andy.

t7u5qlrf9bim.jpg
  • Helene610
    Andy does seem to be happy being inside. Jean, the only bright side is you got the call about the cancellation before you trekked over to the hospital. I ordered a new Fitbit and some N95 masks from Amazon. My old Fitbit was about 18 months old. The band broke and it took me a few months to get around to replacing the band. Once I got it, I tried to charge it. Nothing happened. I had purchased the protection plan so I filed a claim. I mailed it back and the company emailed me a $99 Amazon gift card which I pin towards the new Fitbit. I was a lot more responsive about walking when I used the Fitbit.
  • mdubbs1
    6e9etxasz2o0.png
  • mdubbs1
    It's a cold but beautiful sunny day here today. We're to get a little more snow tonight. Just in case I left a ton of food at the colonies.

Tuffy is sitting here next to me. I'll have to move him soon so I can work. He's easy to move. Just rattle a treat jar. He'll do anything for treats.

So far this week I'm doing pretty good on the diet. Packets every day this week. Tomorrow will be grocery store frozen food.

We're apparently going to have a big package delivery day today. All the packages that were to come the last several days along with the ones that were to come today and even one that was to come tomorrow. At least they're all coming before dark and on a day with sunny skies.

• mdubbs1
    We had some more snow over night. I'm ready for spring. LOL!
  • PamS53
    It’s cold here, but dry. I’m with you Maryanne on being ready for spring! I really hate cold weather.

My OT appointment for today was cancelled because the therapist is sick. I’m assuming it isn’t Covid since I wasn’t advised to take precautions. Our numbers for Covid are skyrocketing again. I am staying home as much as possible and wearing a mask when I do have to go anywhere.

Three of my friends’ mothers are having a lot of falls lately. All should be using a cane but out of vanity refuse to do so. It’s hard to be sympathetic when they are willfully putting themselves at risk. I suggested that they discuss the falls with their mom’s doctors to see if they would perhaps prescribe some fall prevention classes as well as prescribing a cane. Hopefully they will follow through.
  • Helene610
    Just hearing about the snow makes me glad I missed it. I watch stories of people trapped on the interstate and wonder why they didn’t stay home. They interviewed a woman stuck on the highway. She had no food with her and just a bottle of water. Hopefully the news crew had some food to give her. That’s a life threatening situation for a diabetic..
  • KonaKat
    I am home with an appointment with the cardiologist later this month. The problem still exists but it is non-emergency. I just spend a lot of time resting. The hospital is one of those overcrowded with Covid patients, so a pecking order is established for those wanting/needing a room. It just means that the cardiologist couldn't start me on the new med as it requires hospitalization. I could say something about those Covid patients who did not have one vaccine shot, but a severely ill person needs help regardless of bad decision making.

It is a "wonderful" 5 degrees. We had six inches of snow but an hour away, they had 13 inches. Love the way storms track. The news said some who only had a 30 minute drive never packed emergency provisions not thinking they would ever be trappe

In the meantime, I am existing with a heart rate in the 120s non-stop. I send a copy of my ECG I do at home to my carddiologist. I know what to do if I should have to go to the ER. I also just rest a lot.