This Year is Our Year for Success!

1606162636466»

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Helene, I hope Milton doesn’t do any damage to your home. Fingers crossed for you and everyone in its path.

Yesterday I celebrated my 71st birthday quietly at home, except for a quick trip to the grocery store, lol. I do have a couple of celebrations planned with girlfriends coming up.

DH had an appointment with his cardiologist for pre-surgery clearance required by the orthopedist who will do his shoulder replacement. The cardiologist has had the same surgery and was able to allay some of DH’s concerns about the surgery. He ordered a nuclear stress test before he can sign off on the surgery, which will happen in a couple of weeks. He also has to see the PCP for clearance, but that appointment needs to be within 30-45 days of the surgery, which won’t be until January. It seems like our lives revolve around all of the medical appointments these days.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Here's good thoughts to everyone in the hurricane's path! Sounds like it's going to be a bad one.

Meanwhile we have sunny but chilly weather.

I fed this morning and then ran around doing all kinds of errands. Trying to whittle down the "to do" list!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    We just got home from a trip to NJ to visit my brother-in-law at his assisted living facility. He has Parkinson’s with complications. We saw him in June but he’s frailer than he was then. All in all it was a good visit. He has dementia and can’t speak louder than a whisper. We talked about things from the past and he was engaged in the conversation.

Our house in FL came through Milton without damage. Power was just restored to and my neighbor said he could hear our AC start up when he reset the main breaker for us.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    We just got home from a trip to NJ to visit my brother-in-law at his assisted living facility. He has Parkinson’s with complications. We saw him in June but he’s frailer than he was then. All in all it was a good visit. He has dementia and can’t speak louder than a whisper. We talked about things from the past and he was engaged in the conversation.

Our house in FL came through Milton without damage. Power was just restored to and my neighbor said he could hear our AC start up when he reset the main breaker for us.

I'm sorry about your brother but glad you could visit!

Also glad to hear your house survived!

Two days ago I got my winter coat out to feed, yesterday it was in the 80's, today it feels like fall with the wind whipping around all the dead leaves.

Long time Marylanders are fond of saying "if you don't like the weather today; just wait until tomorrow".