Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 266
    C. W. 269

I know I'm a couple weeks overdue. Please forgive me.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It's been a good day today. I went to the gym early this morning and it was successful. I stepped everything up a little bit today since it's the first of the month. I also was intentional about eating. I had a coaching call with my wellness coach and it was enjoyable. She feels that I'm on the right track. That being said, I'm off to bed. good night all!! Let's go get it tomorrow! B)
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @nfll406 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@amioc We do an intro every month so if you can also post it here that would be great! I still learn new things about people that were here before me and I'm going on three years. Welcome to the gang!

@Cornanda I feel the same about the group, it's the only group I've stuck with so long. Prayers for your pup today.

@19shmoo69 I'm so sorry to hear about the death in your family.

@vegan4lyfe2012 You can't leave us, who would we talk about horror movies with among all the other many great things you bring to us? I hope you stay, if there's anything I or all of us can do to support you please let us know.

@trooworld Sounds like a beautiful, relaxing day! It's been windy today so I'm staying inside.

@nfl406 Welcome to the gang, you must be really busy all the time on a cattle ranch. So glad you found us, I'd love to see pictures of where you live sometime!

@TeresaW1020 Love how you're starting off the month strong! I'd asked how your husband was doing but just read your last post, I really pray it's the end of the cancer and there's some way to improve his memory, keeping him in my prayers.

@askewcr So glad your heel/ankle is doing better! I love the idea of the heart stickers, I respond well to that kind of reinforcement too.

@FushiaKat So glad you're having a good pain day, sounds like you got a lot done! I wouldn't sweat not getting rid of anything, you finished a lot of stuff!

@trooworld Way to go on finishing yoga! I like the idea of making yourself do SOMETHING, that helps me a lot to keep it open as once I say I have to do something I start disliking it.

@Jactop I would think small things, you can think of now as a new month, new moon, new Chinese astrological year, end of Mercury retrograde, lots of good reasons to try something new now! Like a new recipe a week, a different workout, for me it helps to change things up to keep it more exciting even if it's just different music. I used to put things I had to do on little pieces of paper and pick them out of a jar, you have to do whatever you pick no changing your mind so if you picked scrub toilets you're scrubbing toilets! Since my workouts are pretty repetitive I play a game when I'm bored where I have to work out to songs with a certain word, I did "love" recently so LoveGame, Love Bites, etc, you get the drift or bands/singers that start with a certain letter. I get some weird suggested playlists from doing that though from opera to metal to rap! Recipes I just look for something that sounds good but I get Skinnytaste emails and she sends ones sometimes. Rewards can help too. I've roped a friend into trying an Instant Pot recipe with a pork roast this week from my Rootitoot cookbook so I'm excited to try that!

Hi everyone! So I did this thing, I was telling a friend how I moved here to be by my family but don't know many people around here so I don't go to concerts or anything and she asked me why I don't go alone? Never really crossed my mind to go alone, I was supposed to see Lindsey Sterling with a friend for my birthday but my ex-boyfriend was supposed to be out that weekend and I wanted to keep an eye on things so that was a bust and of course he dragged it out. Anyway, I bought a ticket to go to a thrash concert in May in Sacramento this morning, I'm really excited! I have a couple people that would like to see them but no one around here, neither of my best friends are into metal so it's all me. So now I want a cool outfit and would love to lose a little more weight by then! I'm going to have a ton of snap peas, every seed has started. I didn't go to the food bank farm this morning because last week I was soaked from sitting on the ground, I'm going to wait for it to dry out a bit. My OB/GYN agreed to keep me on hormones for now at my appointment yesterday. My nephew cut school again yesterday so I went over to talk to him. I told him I didn't want him to fall behind in school, of course he said he wouldn't so I told him how Aunt Kathy cut school and fell so far behind she (I) got sent to a continuation school where all the troubled kids went. This post reminds me of something @AustinRuadhain would say:

qga8dxyq0gbk.jpg

Ok thank you @Katmary71
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I will say some prayers for you and Joe. I hope the oncologist can shed some light on what's going on. Maybe a med tweak could help? I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. How scary and awful.

The vet news was bad. He has a severe inflammatory bowel disorder. They gave me some meds, but if they don't work it's not survivable. He seems to feel OK for the most part, so we will just go day by day. I know he's old, but he has still been quite healthy and perky, so I was not prepared for this. 5 days ago, it seemed I had a healthy dog.

I was upset and I ate a bunch of crap yesterday. I cannot spend every day like this. I will not spend every day like this.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 235
    CW: 234.6
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Jactop I'm sorry Jan has been crappy. I find setting REALLY SMALL goals helps...celebrate the tiny things. A celebration could be putting a check beside the goal on the Habit Tracker for Feb, it could be taking a bubble bath, it could be putting a sticker on a calendar...celebrate any healthy decision you make. Congrats on the loss!

@FushiaKat 2.5" is great, congrats! I have Kindle Unlimited as well and find it useful.

@TeresaW1020 It was really yummy. I think you are right about overdoing goals. I'm glad you had a good workout. I'm so sorry about Joe's health, that must be hard. Thinking of you and Joe. Hugs.

@Katmary71 It was a nice day! Yeah, it felt good to do the yoga. I enjoy going places by myself sometimes. I've never been to a concert by myself but I bet you'll have fun. That does remind me of something she would say. I like it. And 1% definitely beats 0%! Great point. That's so cute about your kitties!!! <3

@askewcr Great job pushing yourself!

@Cornanda I'm so very sorry about your pup. I hope the meds work. That has to have been upsetting. Hugs to you, friend.

Hello all. I had a small loss at the scale this week. I'm happy that the scale is going in the right direction. We are grabbing food to go tonight, El Pollo Loco. I can get a double avocado chicken salad with no dressing, it fits into my plan. I'll add my own dressing.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: lose4me71
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW:299.6
    CW: 299.9
  • Mom24_2021
    Mom24_2021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have put in the order for my scale. Shipping estimate states it will be here by Tues or Wednesday of next week so I will be able to update you all on my weight then, but since I selected Friday as my weigh in date, I’ll provide my weight then. Thank you for being so understanding and allowing me to join despite not having a scale yet. 💛
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 That is awesome that you bought a ticket to that concert and plan to go. I hope you find the perfect outfit and have the best time ever! Your poor nephew is really struggling. You are such a good aunt and I will pray for him to follow your great advice. I miss Austin and her wonderful wisdom very much!! I’m thinking you are going to have to buy your cats their own device. :D

@FushiaKat That is a great idea to use your Alexa to set timers so that you will be reminded to take your meds and get up and walk. I think you can freeze yogurt. I know you can freeze milk and cheese. :)

@Cornanda Thanks for your prayers.<3 I am so very sorry that you received bad news from the vet and I do pray for you and that the meds will help. It’s totally understandable that you are upset so be gentle with yourself.

@trooworld Yayy on your loss! And that is great that you will go out and make it fit your plan. Wayyy to work it! B)

Hi Team! Well, today hubby and I went to see his new oncologist and the doctor didn’t mince words. Joe needs chemo to make sure that he will have a longer survival rate. That is if his body can handle the chemo. Joe has his first treatment on Feb. 17th and if he does OK he will have three more rounds every three weeks. It’s a lot but we are just going to take it as it comes. In the meantime, we have church tonight so I need to go get ready! :)

2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
    Workout/Treadmill I didn’t work out today. Just couldn’t make it fit in.
    Eat one meal below my DDF trigger Trigger is 83 and lunch was 84 and dinner was at 80
    Track my food and macros I tracked and did really well with my calories and macros
    Eat min. 100 grams Protein 125 grams of protein
    Bible study/reading I worked on my Bible study for tomorrow night
  • nfll406
    nfll406 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 That is awesome that you bought a ticket to that concert and plan to go. I hope you find the perfect outfit and have the best time ever! Your poor nephew is really struggling. You are such a good aunt and I will pray for him to follow your great advice. I miss Austin and her wonderful wisdom very much!! I’m thinking you are going to have to buy your cats their own device. :D

@FushiaKat That is a great idea to use your Alexa to set timers so that you will be reminded to take your meds and get up and walk. I think you can freeze yogurt. I know you can freeze milk and cheese. :)

@Cornanda Thanks for your prayers.<3 I am so very sorry that you received bad news from the vet and I do pray for you and that the meds will help. It’s totally understandable that you are upset so be gentle with yourself.

@trooworld Yayy on your loss! And that is great that you will go out and make it fit your plan. Wayyy to work it! B)

Hi Team! Well, today hubby and I went to see his new oncologist and the doctor didn’t mince words. Joe needs chemo to make sure that he will have a longer survival rate. That is if his body can handle the chemo. Joe has his first treatment on Feb. 17th and if he does OK he will have three more rounds every three weeks. It’s a lot but we are just going to take it as it comes. In the meantime, we have church tonight so I need to go get ready! :)

2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
    Workout/Treadmill I didn’t work out today. Just couldn’t make it fit in.
    Eat one meal below my DDF trigger Trigger is 83 and lunch was 84 and dinner was at 80
    Track my food and macros I tracked and did really well with my calories and macros
    Eat min. 100 grams Protein 125 grams of protein
    Bible study/reading I worked on my Bible study for tomorrow night

Teresa - Thinking of and praying for you and your husband. Can you tell me DDF trigger is?
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Being chronically ill or having cancer and chemo can cause Brain Fog. It's not permanent. Sometimes it's just too much to process all at once. Stress and anxiety will make it worse. Being relaxed and happy will make for much better days. I sincerely hope your husband gets better and that the Chemo does its job and does not make him sick. Walmart sells Nauzene Chewable tablets that can help with Nausea. Ginger also helps in any form, but I don't like Ginger.

Mr. Snicket was in the doghouse last night. He woke me up at 2:30am by playing with my feet with his claws. I put him out on the Cat Deck and closed off the cat door so he couldn't get back into the house. Tonight, I'm seriously thinking of sleeping with my shoes on! That would have been the 4th night in a row that I slept all night. I don't know what's changed, but I'm sleeping better lately.

OMG, I forgot you can freeze cheese!!! 🧀😁
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat wow, almost 70lb lost, that's amazing. Can i ask how long that's taken you? And how much more you want to lose?
    I ve lost 46.4lb since August 2021 and have another 30lb to go :)
  • trooworld
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Mom24_2021 No worries!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm glad your husband has an oncologist that gives it to you straight. That way you know what you are dealing with. I hope Joe can handle the treatments and it doesn't make him feel too bad.

@FushiaKat Ouch, that would hurt and be startling to be sleeping and suddenly have kitty claws in your toes!

Hi all. I stuck to my guns for dinner and had the double avocado chicken salad. For being called "double avocado" it really didn't have much avocado lol.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday! It was a very busy day. I started sleeping a little late so that threw my schedule back quite a bit. I went to the gym and then volunteered at United Way. I left there for a meeting at the library and went back to United Way to finish helping. I did a virtual reading tutor session and then tutored two of my nieces. On top of that it was their brother's first birthday so we celebrated that. When I finally got home to wind down, this girl was tired. I thought about the group while in bed but just didn't get up to post.

Hoping everyone else had a great day. It's a rainy day in Georgia but it's great because we are still here.

There is so much death going on around the world. Three deaths in our not so immediate family just this week. :(

I count my blessings daily and "OOooo God We Thank You!" <3

Don't forget to be awesome everyone and let's go get it! B)
  • nfll406
    nfll406 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today. Nothing exciting except the weather. Was -27 yesterday morning and is currently +27. We are calving and nothing is born outside, if we can help it, meaning, sometimes they are but are rushed to the sheds. As for me, first year in 40 I have not helped - yet. Get this knee replacement rehab behind me and I’ll be good to go.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135.0
    CW: 135.0

I just wrote a long intro and lost it😩.
    Nothing exciting about me, 50yo, married for half that, 2 grown-ish daughters and work a full time desk job.
    I like the vibe of this group, the support, advice and the non-judgement attitude and been here for over a year.
    Welcome to all newcomers and good luck to everyone this month!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would like to be more conversational with my responses, but I'm just popping in when I can. :)

I've got my attitude going in the right direction. Still having a little weep over my pup every so often. The last two days it's clear he's not feeling good. But he was doing a very good job of hiding it before then. Dogs are amazing! Humans may sit around and whine, but dogs just carry on. Hopefully we'll see some results from the meds in a few days.

I ate better the last two days and followed my exercise plan. I probably already did enough damage this week to not see a loss, but that will not take me back to the dumps.

@TeresaW1020 - I've been praying for you and Joe each day and will keep on. Chemo will be tough, but we are here for you and I know your Savior and your church family will be with you through it all. Hugs to you both.

@GabiV125 - I think you are plenty exciting!

@nfll406- Yep, get that rehab behind you so you can get back to doing what you really like. We LOVE to see animal pix in this chat if you have some cute new little ones!

@FushiaKat - Mr Snicket sounds like quite a dickens.

@trooworld - Double avocado implies TWO avocados!

@askewcr- thanks for the smiles I get from your always upbeat posts!

@Katmary71 - good for you with the concert tix and yes, find a great outfit and feel awesome when you go! Your cats and their apps cracked me up.

I'm reading a Dr Phil book on weight loss. Now I'm NOT a big Dr Phil fan, but the book was cheap at Good Will. He describes 7 keys to weight loss and they are mostly mental. He's spot on with them, if only I could stop hearing his Dr Phil voice as I'm reading. :p Anyway, this morning I was reading about replacing a bad habit with one that is incompatible with doing the action of it. For example- you can't eat chocolate cake while you're in the shower. You can't scarf down three bowls of cereal while you are dancing to music. Now, I've often read about distracting yourself until the impulse passes, but these are some solid distractions. I hope that no one will take these ideas as a challenge and try to prove me wrong.... if you do, no pictures please. :D:#

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I know it’s a bit late for my intro but finally finished all my night shifts. So here goes

Hi I’m Tammy and I’m 54. I have 2 adult children both boys and 2 amazing grandkids. I am a healthcare worker and live in Brockville On Canada. I have a wonderful supportive husband that puts up with all that comes with my trials and tribulations with my weight. He is my rock. I enjoy baking (and eating lol) and gardening in the summer. Nothing pleases me more than to sit outside on my deck in the summer and just read a good book. Since Covid that hasn’t happened near as much as I’d like though.

@Cornanda it’s great that you have the right attitude cuz frame of mind is vital for all of us. And don’t worry about not posting all the time. Life happens and we come here when we can. Sometimes everyday sometimes not so much. Just know we have your back.

@Katmary71 awesome on getting tickets!! And I agree but a new outfit and paint the town red!

@nfll406 I grew up on a farm and envy you. There is nothing more beautiful than the country and country living. At least in my opinion. Most of my adult life has been spent in a small town as my husband is NOT a country lover lol. So we compromised haha. Winter can be long with not very many neighbors so I understand the isolation but now you have us. The people on here are great and really help each other out. So welcome.

@askewcr wow that is one busy day! You must be exhausted. I wish I had time to volunteer. We had snow here to your rain lol. And yes I count my blessings each and every day for all that the Lord have given to me and my family.

@GabiV125 that is so frustrating! That has happened to me more often than I’d care to admit. And YOU are exciting! I do agree that this group is easy going and that there is no judgment at all. It’s the biggest reason I have stayed on track most of the time. I actually don’t want to disappoint my team members.

Anyway hope all of u have a great night and I will pop I. Tomorrow
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 1/19: 226.7

Check in weight (2/2/2022): 225.2
    Check in weight (2/9/2022):
    Check in weight (2/16/2022):
    Check in weight (2/23/2022):

Hello, sorry for the late intro: My name is Leona, I am 48 years old, living in NM. I have an amazing husband and daughter living at home with me along with our 2 puppers. I have been overweight my entire life, but I have never seen this weight I am at since being pregnant with my daughter! My goal is to get away from the idea of knee surgery for as long as I can. That means losing weight!

....Hi everyone, I have resurfaced! Vacation was much needed and I feel so much better. Work is crazy but has eased up considerably.

I was finally able to start my knee injections, so I hope to be walking for exercise in a few weeks! Yay!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    fatfifties wrote: »
    @FushiaKat wow, almost 70lb lost, that's amazing. Can i ask how long that's taken you? And how much more you want to lose?
    I ve lost 46.4lb since August 2021 and have another 30lb to go :)

I did lose a few pounds before joining MFP because I wanted to go see my friend in Louisiana. But it was very slow and painful. I joined MFP 174 day's ago and I've lost 49.2 pounds. I have 30.8 more to go. I was 245 and I want to be at 145 We are losing about the same amount, and we have almost the same amount more to lose. My doctors are amazed. And I'm only walking, no other exercises, I average about 3000 steps a day. My calories are set to 1200 a day. I get lots to eat, and I confess I like to eat a lot.
This discussion has been closed.