March 1st to May 31st challenge

Options

Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I walked the dogs for 38 minutes and today I'm going to yoga for the first time in 2 weeks. Yesterday was a pretty good day but not a losing weight day. At least I did not snack

• zenobia9777
    Options
    Yesterday was a pretty good day. I was doing a lot of cleaning.

I did not get the dogs out but today we wandered around for about an hour.

I'm officially close to my ideal weight so I went ahead and bought new bras. They are also useful for sports and it feels nice to treat myself!!!

Even though I did not do any yoga for about a week and a half, I felt very strong in class. I was surprised. Maybe the walking and the kayaking helped. I lost the flow about 75% of the way in but I was still very pleased.

More non scale victories. I think the three month mark is a turnaround point for seeing results with exercise.

• zenobia9777
    Options
    122.6 5/14/22
    122.2 5/21/22

Progress...

Going to yoga today and I will also walk the dogs.
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Zen!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time...even though you caught a cold at the end. Keep your eye on it. I'm really proud of you for being cognizant of your exercise while you were away!! So I guess the index cards helped? I feel that as long as we maintain MINDFULNESS while away on vacation or our lives are interrupted, we won't completely derail. It's when an individual thinks...Yay! Vacation! Is not the least bit mindful, gains 10 pounds in one week.....and experiences the hangover when the party is over! 😩 Then the focus becomes the weight gain instead of the good memories ✨️.

I myself leave in less than 2 weeks. I've lost more inches! I thought I felt smaller!! Although my weight is still holding at 150, I will gladly maintain that weight...especially if I can do so through my vacation. Pre Covid, we traveled every June and every November. This year, at least, we have resumed that tradition. I will happily stay mindful thru my first week of June and start up again June 12th. With a goal to achieving "Normal" for my November trip! 😊 I have lost 25% of my weight. I am BEYOND THRILLED that losing another 25% would put me at the Disappeared stage....well below 100 pounds on my scale....and I am left with another 10 to 15%max. I can look at that and feel it's acceptable. It has been a long and difficult road. If I could talk to Obese women on the world stage.....I would tell them a 10 to 15 pound weight loss PER YEAR is plenty AND doable. In 10 years they would lose 100 to 150 pounds.....many of them less....and they would more than likely keep it off forever. When you reach the end of a journey...you always appreciate where you are....rarely the long haul uncomfortable flight it took to get you there. 😜 I ll let you know where I stand on the 31st. But because I intend to maintain, it makes me extra motivated to ensure I don't screw up now! 😅 You are doing wonderfully ❤️ Keep doing what works for you and stay healthy above all!!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    It is good to see you back on here! You sound very excited and happy. Where are you going on your trip?

I actually managed to forget the index cards but I was mindful of what I ate and it really did not detract from my vacation at all. I just skipped the muffins and the pastries that they put out in the morning and put my fresh fruit and yogurt next to the selections. I also did not have any bread at lunch and just ate some meat, cheese or nuts.

I was good about keeping my water bottle filled and the beverage of choice was hard seltzer, which helps everybody with a lower calorie count. I did have a couple of gin and tonics!

You are so right about the weight gain hangover. And I always tell myself that it's just keeping yourself steered the right direction that counts. Over time you will maintain or lose weight and it is very significant. I may be upset about something and why should it matter that I'm trying to lose weight, but then I realize how much worse I would feel if that area was also out of control and I felt uncomfortable and unhealthy.

Congratulations on your awesome progress.

I think I'm going to have another recovery day and just relax because I ended up sleeping three or four hours on the couch yesterday.

• zenobia9777
    Options
    Wlalked the dogs 37 minutee. Dogs are a lot of maintenance, but good walkIng motivation...unless they.do.not need much activity.
    One of my dogs gets a lot from fetching a ball...the other cannot settle at night if he doesn't get out. So I paid for it last night,,,pooir little guy was restless.

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Trying to get back in the game! Can I lose 10 pounds (the pounds I gained back after feasting with my hubby for a month - we had been mostly apart since Covid) by June 18?! Please tell me yes! Started back for real yesterday! Watching every calorie - getting in 10k steps daily. 💪💪
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    No doubt you can lose 10 lb! I am not very good about sticking to the plans but I still managed to lose about a pound a week. Just keep up the exercise and increase it if it nothing happens.

I was bad yesterday. Today is a new day. I walked the dogs 45 minutes and now I'm going to yoga.

I was planning to end this thread at the end of May and then decide what to do next. What kind of thread theme do you need? @ceebeeslim and @spirittrail?
    And anyone else here!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @zenobia9777 How do you like yoga? I’ve been trying to decide between yoga, Pilates, and barre. I can be a bit hard on my body and so type A that I find yoga - sometimes - unsettling. Go figure! Sore today - I realized the step I used for my aerobics was almost triple the height use. Thanks for encouraging me that the 10lb loss is doable. Day by day! Will noodle on next thene - what do you think? Another challenge? Accountability? Summers coming!! Daily weighing?
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I do yoga because my studio has a lot of variety and it is a fast paced flow. So I can get a good workout even though I do not do weights right now. It just seems like a reasonable method that isn't too high impact. I have a slipped disc and I am worried about it.

They also have a fusion class that combines weights and yoga, but I don't do that one any more.

Honestly, I have only done pilates a few times and no barre. I think it's really important to make sure whichever class you take is really doing what you wanted it to do. You might have to try out different classes at different places until something clicks.

I don't quite understand what you mean about yoga being unsettling!

Step aerobics is really powerful!!! Be kind to yourself. I can get really competitive in classes and I have to restrain myself because I don't want to get injured. It's kind of silly that I'm like that because I've never been a natural athlete.

Before the sciatica, I alternated the yoga classes with cardio (like elliptical) and weights. I think that was a good plan.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

• zenobia9777
    Options
    Today I walked the dogs 53 minutes.
    On to yoga...it is outside today!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @zenobia9777 At present, my weekly routine is a combo of strength training, step aerobics, kettlebells, trx, and kickboxing. Some days I throw in some hula hooping and just wild humiliating dancing. 🤪🤪. This is all in my basement gym - no classes for me just yet.

I find with yoga, trying to be present is difficult. Or clearing my mind is difficult. Maybe that’s why those more kinetic activities above appeal to me more. Once i am able to clear my mind, it becomes flooded with a cyclone of post it notes listing never ending to-dos. (Full time eldercare for both parents).

I did try Bikram which I liked for a while - more so to see how much I could withstand. Tried Pilates after using it to heal a back injury. And never tried barre - wondered if it was too “ballet-ish” for me.

I’ll search on YouTube - you’re right - just have to find something that clicks. I need something less harsh. 57 years young and I need to stretch more!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    You are amazing!!!!

I find it hard to clear my mind, too. Great imagery.

I was pretty on top of things yesterday. Walked the dogs for an hour today. Now I am loafing.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Thanks! So are you! I admire your commitment to posting! I hit my 10k steps goal already with several hours to go! I moved to a new neighborhood, and pushed my mom in a wheelchair not even sure where I was going. Hills everywhere! Lordy! 🤪Hopefully the talk I had with myself to get it together is working! So far so good.
  • zenobia9777
    Options

I was my mother's caretaker for several years and my heart goes out to you. It is a huge responsibility and you have two of them. You are very smart to prioritize your own health because then you can give your best to the situation and preserve your sanity!

I have news!

Woo hoo!.

I have barely lost anything the last few weeks but suddenly I dropped this week.

February 22 132.6
    May 29, 120.4

I think I was 2 lbs heavier last Sunday.
    My goal for tomorrow was about 15 lb to lose. I don't think I'm losing 3 lb by tomorrow! But that's okay. I did say about. I don't even know exactly what weight I want to try to stabilize around.

Going to walk the dogs and do yoga today. I guess getting lots of exercise later in the week did the trick. I have been better the last few days.

I haven't been logging my food because I've been practicing trying to stick with the program without logging. The most important thing is to log my weight and I think this daily reflection has been a big help
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Congrats! Great job. 💪💪👏👏. Hubby is traveling for the next 10 days so I know I can be better with my calories - less food, pizza, ice cream. takeout. He’s one of those - eat everything don’t gain an ounce type. 😡. Hope you have a great Memorial Day. I’m at 128.8 today - ugh. But if i share it, I’m hoping it will make me more accountable!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Good luck!

Walked the dogs for an hour. I was accountable yesterday. We are starting June well..
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    I walked the dogs for 45 minutes and now I'm going to yoga

Today I'm celebrating my 3-month journey and reaching my goals of improving my health. I will see you on a new discussion topic. I think I will call it invitation to daily accountability thoughts.

I also want to focus on what foods seem to be causing me digestive issues. I am contemplating drinking less coffee and eating foods that buffer alcohol or spicy foods so that I can take good care of my insides. Ideas appreciated!

I plan to try to get to 115 lb and maintain within a 5 lb range of that number. This could be interesting since I have never done that in my life as an adult.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Cool ideas! You can reach your goal I’m sure. I reached 112.4 - a weight I hadn’t seen since high school (I’m 57). I didn’t see it but everyone was saying I didn’t look good. I think I feel and look best around 118. So that’s what I’m hoping for.

Was 127.8 today - same as yesterday, despite junk high sodium food on the 6 hr road trip back home yesterday. Motivated!!

I’m sure it’s in this thread but what are your stats and goals?

I’m 5’3, 57, and trying for maintenance between 115-118. I’m small framed. Trying for 10k steps daily. I have a pair of size 4 goals pants I’m trying to look back great in. Right now, it’s a tight fit. 🙁
  • zenobia9777
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hmm-- stats and goals. My height is also 5'3" barely and I am 64 years old. I think my frame is medium rather than small. The last time I weighed I was at 122.

After yoga I will get back to starting the new or renaming this thread if I can do that

I walked the dogs for almost an hour.

6-hour road trip is a pretty tough slog for trying to do anything right!!!

I'm thinking of 115 lb as my goal but I'm not sure. I have to admit I still have love handles!