Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Bovinity55
    Bovinity55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Today was my Dad’s birthday. He died 15 years ago at the age of 83. I stopped by his grave today to have a little chat. As I was walking through the cemetery, there were lots of graves of young men who died in the Gulf War and Afghanistan. I thought about Dad’s service in the British Navy during WWII. Radar was just coming on line, and he repaired the radar sets on the planes. He was from Northern England, Yorkshire County, as was my mother. He spent a lot of his service time in Aberdeen, Scotland. After the war, he returned home, went to technical school for textile design, started working, and eventually married my mother. My oldest sister was born in England. When she was about 2, my parents decided to emigrate to Canada, because the post war economy in Britain was still very poor. After a couple of years, my Dad got a job offer in Massachusetts, USA. Dad, Mom and my sister eventually became US citizens. Me and my two younger sisters were born in the USA. Mom is still with us, living in her own home and still driving at the age of 92. It was a pleasant visit with Dad, I’m still so proud of him!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    Diane: I am up early this morning to go to the farmers market.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It's 54 feels like 50 with a high of 57 and chances of rain this afternoon. I AM: The only person I compare myself to is the person I was yesterday. Axe Sharpening: When asking a parent if they would die for their children, they will say yes with zero hesitation. But would you live for your children? Think about that….Do this for your loved ones.~~Chico Bean 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Armed Forces Day!!! Happy International Tea Day!!!!! Action for Happiness: Look up at the sky. Remember we are all part of something bigger. Fitness quote for today: Set goals. Exercise. Love yourself. Focus on fitness. Rest and relax. Eat right. Smile. Portray positive. Enjoy life. Care for others. Tell yourself you can do this. (Self Respect)~~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: You deserve someone who makes you excited for tomorrow.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 16,721 steps yesterday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol I just reread what I wrote. I must have been really tired or distracted. I didn’t play the clarinet. I played the violin from 4th-11th and played piano from like age 3 to 11th grade. (My babysitter was my first piano teacher. Really strict). Aw I am sorry you couldn’t play the flute. In my school we didn’t have a choice. The teacher chose for you
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day! We did have a thunderstorm during mid morning. Had multiple walks and did some of my exercise. My brother dropped my Son off after work. Played cards, visited with friends, and had takeout. Not the healthiest choice but a decent price. Ended up over on my calories. Also got my 4th booster.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,249 Member
    Options
    @Bovinity55 ,,, Its hard losing our dear parents. My Dad was in the service during the Korean war, like your Dad he worked with the electronics, my Dad did radio's. He loved it, but after he didn't stay with it. Your Dad did well. Oh there's no doubt he loved you all so much, was a very good Dad.
    @Patti241 ,,, What did you find at the Farmers Market? Any surprises? I wish our local one had more variety. If I went into Portland once the summer hits, it's so much FUN!!! Such a wide variety of things.
    @Bookienj,,, I can't imagine a TEACHER choosing for me what "I WANTED" to play!! YO!!! So sorry the piano teacher was also your babysitter!! That must of been hard. NEAT on the violin though!! It's such a beautiful instrument. Now if I took up an instrument and could do it,, HARP!! Those are so COOL OR the grand organ like at City Hall!! I LOVE THAT THING!!! I went to the inner city school which is next to City Hall, later on I worked in City Hall so I got to hear it playing from time to time.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, WOOHOO on the great day!! Don't we wish we had WAY MORE OF THEM!!?? Awesome to have your S there and all the fun of that also!! Tomorrow is another day for calories and now and than we go over. NO BIGGIE!!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 46 feels like 44 with a high of 66 for today. I AM: I am building bridges from the world that is to the world I choose. Axe Sharpening: Don’t' work so hard showing up for others that you forget to show up for yourself. Take care of your needs too. They matter.~~Rachel Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Find a way to help a project or charity you care about. Fitness quote for today: Fitness is a part of WHO I AM.~~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Everything always works out in the end.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,463 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane; INot much variety right now but I did get so me squash and zuchini.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a day of walks, rain and cleaning. My arm is still sore from my 4th shot yesterday. Also watched movies with Hubby. Son wanted to go home today but my sister told him no because they wouldn't be home till tomorrow. He wasn't happy about that but oh well. Tomorrow I will be mowing my neighbors lawn for him.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241,, those are so nice!! Will you make bread with the zucchini? One of these days I WILL TRY THAT!! Well, maybe I'll start off with banana bread first. I DO LOVE it, though hehehehe I DO NOT like banana's!! GO FIGURE!! LOL
    @Cseguin2 ,,, NICE JOB on the walks, and cleaning. Sometimes those rainy days are just needed. So sorry about your arm, hopefully it'll be better tomorrow. Being rainy at times it was a great day to watch movies with Hubby!! NICE!! Hopefully S found a way to enjoy being there that he'd not be able to do at your sisters. TY TY TY For helping your neighbor! SWEET and FREE Exercise instead of paying for the gym!!

Today I stayed in so my foot would have NO stress other than what I had to do here. WOOHOO I think it helped!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 47 feels like 45 with a high of 65 for today. I AM: I have the power to think positivity. Axe Sharpening: Strive for excellence not perfection. Winning is in the process.~~Stacey Ervin Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Recall three things you've done that you are proud of. Fitness quote for today: The beginning is always tough. But once I'm in it I become UNSTOPPABLE.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Do something this week that lights you up and activates your joy. You're worth it.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 16,725 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is either Upper day 1 or Legs/Shoulders will see how sore my back is after work.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Yup. Hoping that next Saturday there will be more veggies.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been cold and cloudy all day. Tried to go for a walk this morning. But was just to cold for me to do my whole walk. Got the neighbors lawn mowed but still need to weed wack as the battery wasn't charged. Arm still tender when moved wrong. So stuck to some light cleaning and playing cards. Tomorrow is scale day. Not sure how I did but do know that I tried. Tomorrow I am also going to get a good bathing suit. My nephew's birthday is next weekend and the pool is open!

Here's a picture of 3 Canadian geese families I took yesterday. I figured there was close to 30 babies.gx91j91vl76d.jpg
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup it was weird how the teacher picked. Specially because I had fine motor delays so something with less fine motor could have been good. And my friend with severe asthma got put on clarinet. She didn’t last many years. Piano teacher wasn’t too bad. Lots of time to practice. She did hit our fingers with a pencil so you tried not to make mistakes. Harp sounds pretty. That’s great you got to see it being played.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    uvorz5abbp1l.jpg

It's been ten days since Billie had her surgery. She is back to her active self. Animal stories tonight: I got about four nails trimmed on Billie, who ended up growling and got up in a huff and left the room. Catawissa let me trim all her nails and got a nice treat. I chased Cricket all over the house and once I tried to hold him, he went full claws out. We both survived but Cricket still has long nails (lol).

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 WOOHOO Patti more and more things will be there over time. Are there many farmers who are starting to have greenhouses? It's getting to be the thing here. That'll help us out a LOT since it's cold 99% of the time.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Brrr on it being cold!! I totally enjoyed today we were in the mid 60s with a very nice breeze. WOOHOO on getting the lawn done! WTG!! Hope tomorrow your arm no longer hurts. Great job today! WOW Lots of babies they do have!! Awww babies are always so cute!
    @Bookienj,,,, That's to bad the teacher didn't take that into consideration, I suppose that happened a lot. Hopefully now a days things have changed. From what I saw in the 2nd grade I helped in it has. Thankfully! That was simply cruel about your friend being put on the clarinet, erring on the side the teacher "meant" well, thinking maybe her breathing would improve, of course that's foolish. Cool about the piano teacher!!
    @Novembergail,,, LOLOLOL Oh they can be slippery little things!! Awww Billie looks just as cute as EVER!! OHHH THE DRAMATICS they pull!! Izzy is like Catawissa,,, though she WILL GROWL at me, and show her teeth onto my hand, but she never bites down,, and LOL SHE'S PURRING at the same time. Just letting me know "I know it NEEDS to be done (You tell me that A LOT!) and I myself being the brilliant kitty I am I know my paws will feel so awesome!! STILL I am growling to make you feel so guilty I get extra treats!" The moment I let go of her, she'll RUN about 5 or 6 steps, turn around ,,come back. She knows the routine. Momma survives the "NAIL CUTTING OF DREAD" and I get SNACKS!! They play it up so well!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 57 feels like 55 with a high of 66 and rainy all day. I AM: I value my thoughts. Axe Sharpening: Effort always matters. No matter how big or small, progression is progression. Be proud of it all.~~Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Make choices that have a positive impact for others today. Fitness quote for today: Focus: if you want to reach that goal so bad you will have to make sacrifices, stay focused, stay passionate.~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Your best days are still ahead of you.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,101 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: 21-15-9 lower body after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: One of the venders has a green or hot house for tomatos and some in the fields
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx! Yup I still remember my piano teacher/baby sitters name-my mom used to bring her name up a bit
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    it is a beautiful sunny day here today! woo hoo! my daughter says hi to everyone! she will be working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.