Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options
1333435363739»

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,559 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -thx! Yesterday I did a Zumba class with a mask on. Last night I had weird pain on the top half my arm so I am on break from the gym. I am thinking it was too heavy of a weight not long ago but I am not sure…
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I do stretch before my walking. This is a quick check-in as I am off to a BBQ at my friend's. Not much exercise today but enough walking. Made potato salad loaded with veggies. Got other things done that needed doing so an all-round good day.
  • gardenergal24
    gardenergal24 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have a procedural question: how do we find the summer 5% challenge when it opens up? Somehow I missed the spring group sign-up for a week or two and don't want to do that again.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, Nice going Patti!! WOOHOO!! YOu did 2 walks!! Your exercise is getting stronger and stronger. WTG!!! I need to improve also. Now that I "think" my foot is about as good as it's going to get.
    @Bookienj,, Sounds like probably. As you increase on the weights do you do so slowly? After the weights you are using seem easier to do and you are faster before increasing, that all parts of your body agree? I am new at the weight thing (WELL new AGAIN LOL)
    Please becareful.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,Hope you LOVED the BBQ!! Today a friend and I went to The Clambake ,,, it's mostly fried stuff which neither really eats now, but YO!! We really enjoyed it. Hehehehehehe we were FINE with a lunch plate AND we each brought half of it HOME!! She's been on her journey for only 9 months, is down 26 lbs, I've been at this so long,,,, hmmm 11 years and am down 115 lbs. LOVE your idea of adding veggies to the potato salad!! What did you add in? Great job on the walking!
    @gardenergal24 ,, HI Joni!!! It'll be on this team and also on your current team. Will you be a running back to us? It may??? be up Saturday, but most likely on Sunday. It looks so welcoming and SUMMERY!! You'll LOVE IT!! WE DO!!! Can't wait to have you all back!!!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    It’s 56 feels like 56 with a high of 79 for today. I AM: I love my vulnerability. Axe Sharpening: Consistency yields results. All we need is the commitment to the process. Trust the process.~~Dale Beatty 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. Fitness quote for today: Consistency is what transform average into excellence.~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Smile to let the people around you know that it is still possible.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,586 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Lower Body 21-15-9 at home after work.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,559 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -hmmm. In class I use weights and they are fine-always the same weight. Tuesday I used the machines and didn’t pay strict attention to the weight it was on. My arm is done now but hubby asked me to wait til Monday to hit the gym. Which is fine specially with covid numbers increasing. I have two friends with covid now (they don’t know each other) and family in MD who just came down with it
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i helped out with the provincial election that happened here yesterday. i enjoyed helping out and i will do so again. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i did some strength training this morning. i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

The veggies I added to the potato salad was celery, carrots, onion, chives and radishes. The boys wanted cheese and bacon so I added it as well. Normally I don't.

Today was a good day all around. Ended up going with a friend to Canadian Tire. Needed to get a new weed wacker. Found one that also comes with a blower and was on sale for under $150. It's Black n Decker and battery operated! So that threw off my my day and plans. But still had a great time. Also did some creeping charlie weeding as well.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Bookienj,,, That sounds like a really good especially with Covid on an up kick. We finally today went back into the green, we were red for a few weeks. I "think" we were in the red for 4 weeks, many so many of my friends, family got it this time. THANKFULLY no one died, but some are now long haulers. I was fully exposed I'd of NOT of been at all surprised if I had gotten it, but thankfully I didn't. If you continue to mask as you have been, use your hand sanitizer with you, hopefully you'll also escape it.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, Ohhh your potato salad sounds so GOOD!! WOW Does that ever!!! LOVE hearing it was a good day!! NICE DEAL with on the weed wacker!! They are a great invention I agree!! When we had the house, that was just FUN to play with, so was the "Walking" lawn mower. Well it was self propelled and I LOVED IT!! Creeping Charlie,, that's quite the name of the plant!! Hope you got it all!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    So on this last Friday of the spring challenge, I have one Billie story from the day. I was out gardening and my trusty little companion was with me--until she disappeared into the woods. Next thing I hear is the bleating of a baby fawn with the howls of my beagle. My heart was in my stomach. I went out into the woods and stood by a tree, trying to figure out where they went and if the baby was hurt. A few minutes later, mama doe runs down a hill, snorting to get Billie to chase her. Billie comes a short time later, pretty winded and ready to have me drive her home in the mule. The ole' girl is showing her age and for the sake of the fawn, I am so happy.

edemongb51bt.jpg
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    Last Weigh in of the challenge and also my final post. For those that don't know I'm taking a break from the seasonal challenges to focus on my own journey. A heart felt thanks to you all for being such a wonderful team. For those that came over with us from Spark thank you for helping make the transition so easy. I wish you all the success in the world. Taking a line from the CEO of 1st Phorm Sal Frisella I love and appreciate each and every one of you. Let's all win the day, week and challenge.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,994 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Looking forward to the summer challenge
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a busy great day! Went for my morning walk, mowed the back lawn, and helped my friend with her gazebo. We also went to the rib fest. First time going. Really expensive but good.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Novembergail,, OH BILLIE HON!! MOMMA'S ALWAYS protect babies, just as your Momma went a RUNNING today to protect you. LOL Ohhhh Billie, we DO MISS YOU!!! LOL She's still something Gail!! LOL Keeps you on your toes!!
    @Macrat12 ,, Sarah, we'll MISS YA GAL!!! ENJOY the summer, we DO HOPE You'll be back in the Fall!! STAY SAFE Please hon!!
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! WOOHOO!!! What LTGL (our choice) are you doing to do? I'll probably change mine so I do not get bored. This coming week I am working on 40 to 60 mins of exercise, since my foot I THINK?? is finally recovered enough (YO that took A MONTH!) to go up to the 60.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, WOW you did a LOT of work today!! SO NEAT!!! CONGRATS!! Oh my A RIB FEST??? WE NEED ONE OF THOSE!! I'll be FIRST IN LINE!!! Ribs, a salad and one roll and I'd be so ,,OH YUMMY!! How was it?
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

The ribs were awesome! Today went for a walk, did some chores and visited my friend. Also did some work on the computer that needs to get done. I have come to the realization that I am over stressing about stuff. I have decided not to worry about my workouts and mainly aim for one walk a day. Anything else will be extra. Once I get all my paperwork done I will get back on track in a more organized way.
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, greetings from Vermont! Here the snow we got over the weekend is quickly melting, with high 50's again today. My snowdrops are in bloom and other spring bulbs are starting to peek through the surface. I love this time of year as we get to watch nature waking up from a winter's sleep.

One of my favorite exercises is walking in nature, but this time of year the trails are so mushy that it's best to stay off until the ground firms up. So I'm trying to convince myself to drive into town and walk where there are real sidewalks. So far I've only done it twice, but at least that's a start.

I've become a Wordle junkie, look forward to doing it every day. In addition, I now do Quordle and another called Wordle2 (https://www.wordle2.in/). In this last one the word is 6 characters long and you can play up to 2 games each day.

Looking forward to the start of the spring challenge, but I'm guessing it's going to be several weeks yet, since most of the teams are no where near full. Any updates on when it might start?

Thanks to our Canadian friends on here, I can suggest Canuckle to you for an added game. I play Wordle, Canuckle, and Quordle.
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    tgd3gg90ir2i.jpg
    Looks like everyone is doing great and enjoying wonderful weather and lots of exercise. I am sticking to my regular days of walking and playing golf when I can. The newest grandchild just turned 7 months and is such a joy! msvh1cnxtp4d.jpg