WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Hello. I am alive. It's been so many months, I know. Some members probably dont even know me. Things have been difficult and I basically haven't been able to face anything. No coping skills. :/

It really hurt to weigh myself this morning, because I've gained so much back. But there's reality. I'm at 187 pounds and I need to start again from there. I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a year.

@jugar I'd like to come back please, if I can.

You bet! It will be good to have you back and hopefully turning that spiral around. You made it to the gym - that is a great way to start! So we expect to having you hanging around here with us, joining up with the comeback crowd of anyone who has had a setback, and bringing us your inimitable style and panache. I'll put you right into the spreadsheet - just let me know if Saturday is what you want for weigh-ins.
    micki48 wrote: »
    If I could lose the weight maybe my bp would go back down.
    You KNOW it will! It is amazing how much, too. I know a lot of people whose BP got right back to something more normal as soon as some pounds came off. Keep those swollen ankles in mind when you're tempted by the snacks :heart:
    micki48 wrote: »
    But this week, with no extraordinary events/eating, I gained the most weight in a week since joining. I hesitate to record it because everyone is doing so well. I don’t want to mess up the stats.

That said, @jugar you can decide. I will give you my weight but if you want to give me an excused to retain our losses, I have no problem with that.

PW 205.9
    CW 209.7

Well, I don't have any problem with including the real life ups and downs in our stats - we learn a lot from those terrible weeks when a few pounds result from times when it is hard to keep it all under control. The team takes those gains with the losses we celebrate. And this one seems like a big gain to you, but you're an amateur compared with some other post-vacation jumps we have seen, right? :wink:

Hang in there - as you say, dropping in here every day will help. We want you feeling better soon!
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Happy belated bday @YinxFed and yes the cake sure does look good.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 482 Member
    Ok, so one thing that I love is ranch dip with veggies. And with the bbqs coming up this weekend, I wanted to find a healthy alternative. 1 individual container of no fat plain greek yogurt and then mix in about 1/2 packet (to taste) of a ranch seasoning packet = a whole container of ranch dip for 80 calories! It is so good!

Also, @jugar would it be ok to switch my weigh-in days to Wednesdays? It will work better with my summer schedule.
  • jugar
    @YinxFed OMG that cake looks amazing!! I am glad you are being spoiled, surprised, and loved on your birthday.

@Shawtytel you have had a fabulous week! The water vs snacks is working for you - be prepared for when it doesn't :grimace: - and yes, the timing of all that water can make or break a good night's sleep, can't it?

Garden veggies - so many now coming in! Please come over and help me eat all the salad greens :yum: Now there are kale and mustard greens, spinach, and an encouraging number of green tomatoes. The beans have not begun flowering yet, but they are still little. I think I'm turning into a vegetable - you are what you eat, right?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @jugar Saturdays are still good.

I'm going to a wedding tonight, because of course I have a wedding to attend on the day I decided to restart. But the way I see it, I'm driving so I won't drink and I plan to dance my face off, so it'll work out more or less.

I'm also going to Stampede next week and I WILL eat deep fried oreos, but that's the only treat I'll have. I'm not really into meal worm hotdogs or mac 'n cheese ice cream anyway. :0

July is a busy busy month.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    The July Week 2 Group Challenge is now open and will begin Sun, Jul 3rd. Special thanks to @katmary71 for creating this challenge. Please join us for "The Rainbow Challenge". Hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10868455/july-week-2-group-challenge-the-rainbow-challenge/p1?new=1

Jessica :smile:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,126 Member

I'm going to a wedding tonight, because of course I have a wedding to attend on the day I decided to restart. But the way I see it, I'm driving so I won't drink and I plan to dance my face off, so it'll work out more or less.

I'm also going to Stampede next week and I WILL eat deep fried oreos, but that's the only treat I'll have. I'm not really into meal worm hotdogs or mac 'n cheese ice cream anyway. :0

Oh @Terytha I am so on the same page as you here!
    Deep fried food will be in my future too - my Stampede schedule is pretty busy between personal stuff and corporate events.
    The mac and cheese soft serve literally makes my stomach turn just to think of it!
    Welcome back girl - have fun at the wedding tonight!
  • ashleycarole86
    jugar wrote: »
    And this one seems like a big gain to you, but you're an amateur compared with some other post-vacation jumps we have seen, right? :wink:

*cough cough*
    Who might she be talking about @bowens1973
    LOL
  • panera88
    panera88 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to post my weigh in for this week. Sorry I didn't post this earlier.
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    SW: 212.7
    CW: 210

This week was good for me in terms of staying on track with my diet and exercise. There were some moments where I wanted to emotionally eat due to stress, but I didn't. I have been getting in my steps daily, and I did some youtube workouts. Exercise has certainly helped me de-stress. To anyone who doesn't like their results this week, just remember this is a process. I believe things will get better if we stay committed to our health and well-being. All the best to everyone, and I'll see you next week! Happy 4th to my fellow Americans!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar CW 167
  • ashleycarole86
    panera88 wrote: »
    To anyone who doesn't like their results this week, just remember this is a process. I believe things will get better if we stay committed to our health and well-being. All the best to everyone, and I'll see you next week! Happy 4th to my fellow Americans!

So true!

Great weigh-in this week. Keep up the great work

• jugar

What?? You don't have those deep fried onion blossom things? They are my kryptonite at any horse fair event around here. Have fun.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    What?? You don't have those deep fried onion blossom things? They are my kryptonite at any horse fair event around here. Have fun.

Omg, I love those but they hate me. Specifically, onions are my digestion's literal kryptonite.

Besides, I'll always choose sweet over savory.

• jugar
    edited July 2022
    @panera88 Good to see you! I know you dropped in briefly last week when you joined, but when you have a minute, tell us a bit more about you, your goals, where you are and what kind of things you do, and any questions you might have. I hope you'll make a commitment to head in here every day, or as often as you can, to connect with the team and add to the wonderful energy we have here. You have certainly had a good first week! WTG
  • jugar
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    @jugar

Can I please be excused this week from weigh in? 🥺
    After 2 years of being lucky the COVID disease finally cought up with me and I tested positive on Thursday night. I was quite ill with it too.
    I simply forgot to weigh in on Friday as most of the last couple of days I've spent in bed 🥺

I am sorry team 🥰
    No problem! Get well fast :heart:
  • jugar
    Last call!

All weigh-ins due for week 1:

@EvMakesChanges
    @robinhardysmall
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @once_mas

If I missed you just let me know!
  • ashleycarole86
    7/2 exercise:
    18932 steps

Our trailer resort did their Canada Day fireworks tonight. We took the boat on the water and watched from there. A beautiful way to spend the night.

Early wake up call as we have to be in Calgary by 10:30 for a birthday brunch which includes a stop off at home to get showered and ready. Enjoy your Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.