WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @jugar can I please push my weigh in until Friday this week?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Lots to catch up on today!

@DD265 I'm glad to get you thinking about breathing! Keep a dumbbell nearby for practice :wink: Your allotment sounds like it is really becoming awesome, and everything will taste amazing when it is eaten within a couple of hours of being picked. Nothing like it. You are what you eat! So that means when you are eating all the lovely results of your hard work, you are even more fabulous, right?

@jan110144 I wish you cooler weather. We are having the most perfect spell of mid-70s at the highest, and I would share it with everyone if I could. The hot is especially bad for working with horses, unless, of course, you have a young horse who goes really well when it is so hot out that the effort of misbehaving is not worth it! Keep up the great work on your habit tracking, figuring out the hunger vs thirst vs fatigue jumble, and good luck at the doc today. I hope you can start riding again soon :heart:

@micki48 the baby steps are working I am sure! Logged ice cream is always better than unlogged :smiley: and all those steps are taking you closer to getting the scale heading down.

@lauren_989 you are now moved to Wednesdays - sorry about letting that slip through the cracks... And you are having another green week! Hats off :star:

@PlaneMonkey no problem for delayed weigh-in :smiley:

@JEB03253 your gain is small! That looks like a big success as vacations go. It will come off in no time. Getting right back on plan is going to work so fast your head will spin.

Have a fabulous Wednesday, everyone! I'm off to a sheep farm to collect raw wool for my upcoming project. What does wool have to do with music, you ask? My colleague and I will be finding the sounds that reflect the wool, the working of it, the women spinning and weaving it - and the sheep! It will have everything from speech rhythms and contours in several languages to sound textures resembling the work the women do with the wool, the gestures they make, and who knows what else. We're going to have fun, I'm sure!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    7/5 exercise: 14080 steps

@jugar Sounds neat about the wool! Have a blast

Sun is shining here today, so hoping to get another big day of steps + a Peloton ride
    Things are busy so I'm just trying to fit it all in!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Have a fabulous Wednesday, everyone! I'm off to a sheep farm to collect raw wool for my upcoming project. What does wool have to do with music, you ask? My colleague and I will be finding the sounds that reflect the wool, the working of it, the women spinning and weaving it - and the sheep! It will have everything from speech rhythms and contours in several languages to sound textures resembling the work the women do with the wool, the gestures they make, and who knows what else. We're going to have fun, I'm sure!

@jugar Your project sounds so interesting! My sister is a spinner/weaver and was a sheep and angora rabbit owner. She even taught me how to spin and weave. I have a lovely floor loom she gifted me that I will put out if I ever have a home with some room. I’d love to hear more about it as the project progresses.

@Kali225 Oh how scary! Glad you have a doctor’s appointment today to check that out.

@jan110144 Hope your doctor visit goes well today and you are riding again soon. I know that hippy/butt/back pain too.

@mmarceau2 Sounds like you are making great use of this time while your kids are away.
  • jugar
    @eggfreak and @ells_bellz you are now both on support team. I will pester you at the end of the month to see about August! In the meantime, you are always welcome to post any time, and stick with the group without worrying about the weigh-ins. The break can be great to reduce the stress. Hugs!

• jugar
    Go @micki48 Go! Dancing can certainly get the heart rate up :sweat_smile:

Ready for Thursday? Here's the list of everyone due:

@MoonlitMuse
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @PlaneMonkey
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Kali225 wrote: »
    oh also for some fun tracking outside the actual tracker, I added a little grid to my whiteboard in my kitchen for "5 weeks in the green in July" - 2nd check going in today!

So inspiring!
    Way to kick your vacation's butt girl!
    Also, congrats on the job offer.
    Hopefully the heartburn situation was a one and done.. that sounds terrible.
This discussion has been closed.