Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    The weekend is here!
    Do you have any bad weekend habits that interfere in your weight loss or fitness you can work on this weekend?
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Friday Weigh in!

chrissyinbloom
    PW 224.6
    CW 224.8

Been holding steady all week.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    The weekend is here!
    Do you have any bad weekend habits that interfere in your weight loss or fitness you can work on this weekend?

I'm pretty strict with my diet. My best friends daughter is having a lemonade stand fundraiser for her school and I'm gonna break my diet to have a glass of lemonade lol
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,068 Member
    Options
    Steps: 8,903
    Exercise: 8,903

PW 197.6
    CW 198.2

Quick pool session yesterday. I had to go to my daughters for the my granddaughters birthday party. It was with her friends. I stayed after and we had pizza for supper with the family. The pizza along with snacking in the afternoon lead to a small gain this week. I am surprised it’s not more because pizza usually leads to a gain of a couple of pounds. Better weigh in next week.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have the celery on my grocery list. Do you buy flavoured cream cheese or plain? I have a dip/spread mix that might be good to mix with the cream cheese. It’s low in calories and sodium.

I use the whipped cream cheese and I sprinkle smoked or regular paprika on top of the cream cheese that is in the celery :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Fridays
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 170.3 (loss 1.5)
    LTD: 98.7
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    The weekend is here!

I treat the weekends like I do the weekdays ... We will swim tomorrow ...take Sunday off ... I already have my goals for September ... I like to be ahead of the game :) ...My plan is to walk 5 days a week (not sure how far we will go) ...Use my gym 3 days a week ...and I want to get some bands to work out with and use 3 days a week ...
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168
    Massive gain this week 🤦‍♀️ ive been on holiday but going back to work next week so hopefully it will even out. Also i normally weigh in as soon as i wake up in the morning but today i forgot, so its a late afternoon weigh in, im not sure if that makes a difference
    Also can i drop my step goal to 7000 please i rarely meet my 10,000 goal
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168
    Massive gain this week 🤦‍♀️ ive been on holiday but going back to work next week so hopefully it will even out. Also i normally weigh in as soon as i wake up in the morning but today i forgot, so its a late afternoon weigh in, im not sure if that makes a difference

It definitely makes a difference. If you want to weigh tomorrow morning and post that weight it would be fine. Let me know.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Note the step goal change.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The weekend is here!

My biggest bad habit is eating potato chips on the weekends. Also, we never eat a proper meal on Saturdays. We tend just to eat something quick. I am about to start my meal planning for the week so Saturday I will be cooking. Once I have my week day eating back under control the potato chips will go.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 226.6

Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168

Absolutely ... I will change it for you right now
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168

It definitely makes a difference. If you want to weigh tomorrow morning and post that weight it would be fine. Let me know.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I got it Linda thanks
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Ok yes thanks, i will try to remember to weigh in tomorrow.
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168

Thanks 😊👍
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    PW-161
    CW-168

Thanks 😊👍

You're very welcome :)
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    fatfifties wrote: »
    rwillems wrote: »
    fatfifties wrote: »
    rwillems wrote: »
    @fatfifties you lost 65lbs in a year! That is fantastic and for those of us who are on similar journeys, we know the dedication and effort you put into that. It is certainly a call for celebration. Don’t demotivate yourself, you went to that party rightfully feeling proud of yourself. Next year you’ll attend and have even more to celebrate. Your knocking on the door to One-derland, you go girl!

Thank you. Picked myself back up, have a week visiting my mum in the UK at the end of August then look out September! I'm joining the step challenge and losing 21lb before Xmas!

That's the spirit!. I'll join you in that challenge -- 21 lbs by Christmas. 😅👍🏻

I like a little competition!

You’re on. This is a challenge that can truly be a win-win (or hopefully lose-lose)!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 156
    CW: 155.6

• Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/15: 8,089
    8/16: 9,976
    8/17: 9,975
    8/18: 2,083

some of these dates might be beyond your date for recording them. No worries!!
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    So, hub's healing is going well. He will be in a non-weight bearing cast anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks...😳😬. It is a case by case, sort of deal. Needless to say, we are hoping it is the former. He is able to get around in reasonably well hopping with a walker. Crutches were just too precarious. I have his permission to post the x-ray his Orthopedist texted me. I'll post it later, or tomorrow. Be well everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.