Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,519 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Thursday. Tomorrow is hubby's 82nd birthday. We have no plans, going to make a birthday card for him. Right now he has been doing everything around the house since I can't get around. Sent a note to dr. I need some answers this is too much for me to deal with.
    Have a great day.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    happy thursday everyone! it is a beautiful warm sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she enjoyed her first day of school yesterday. she has work at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i helped one of my friends to move some of her stuff to her new place this morning. i like to help others whenever i can. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on tonight. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Read all the posts. Everyone seems to be busy.

Today has been a beautiful day. Hurt my ankle yesterday and iced it on and off all afternoon and evening. Today when I got up it was feeling not bad. So I wrapped it and went for my walk. Just slower and a little more carefully. Then I mowed the lawn. My ankle was not bad till I had to do the backyard where it is way more uneven. Have been icing it on and off. Tomorrow I am cleaning for a friend in the afternoon.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, nice day here today, the wind was not as wild - too bad I like to feel the wind in my hair without getting on a bike lol
    @Kurtize I hope you get the answers you are looking for, but it may take time to get them. I hope your DH enjoyed his day.
    @CSEGUIN2 oh no about your ankle and especially after such a nice time at the Harrow Fair - yup I remember parts of it, I used to play at that park when there was no fair ... I have a sister burried in the cemetary there too. The little one, but she never had a marker and no idea where her grave is now, cause they moved the post that I was using from my 7 year old memory to remember where she was burried. I hope your ankle is better soon.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I hope all goes well foryour foot - don't over do it eh !! Know when to say when it is enough, I had to do that today as we had many stairs and I told the Sister I was with, it was enough.
    @cosmiccurves my granddaughter would love your theme for Harry Potter, I myself am not a fan, however I am excited to see the views from the James Webb Telescope, what do you think?
    @cormierannie I hope your daughter's day at school went well and her part time job went well too.
    @Tabatha_Cain, one of my fav scriptures is Psalm 147:4 - He counts the number of the stars; He calls all of them by name - I think of this when I CAN see the stars and it amazes me so and gives me peace. I hope you too have peace. I hope today was good for you.
    I have laundry going on so I best get at it. Have a good night everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,149 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @cosmiccurves ,, how was the pumpkin spice Latte? did you make it yourself? COOL STUFF!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Indeed the bible brings peace to our lives. I've learned much from the site JW.org and how to have a peaceful life. Hope work went very well. The foot,, hmmm the FOOT!! Yesterday went as it should of, , we'll see if I end back in his office within 2 weeks. Though he had said a month, we both laughed, knowing likely I'll not make that, but I have to wait until symptoms are really back. Until the foot is red, swollen, I have a fever etc. So they can see the white blood cells are high. Otherwise we are beating a dead horse with the antibiotics. WHERE DID THAT SAYING actually come from, it's kinda EEEEWWW!
    @Macrat12, HI Sarah! My GDs name
    @Patti241,,, OH COOL about being at a gathering after your friends Dr appointment!! Did you all do anything special or just get to enjoy the company?
    @kurtize ,,, WOW 82 so neat!! Have they seen you or run any tests? I SURE HOPE SO!! YO!!
    @Cormierannie,, nice job helping others and exercise.
    @Cseguin2 ,, PLEASE OH PLEASE be so careful with the ankle. How's it doing today? Ice is my preferred to go. I might be throwing some on my foot tonight. It helps it to stop hurting at once. Ahhhhh!!!
    @Lindiemaep ,, last week I did some stairs my friend with me couldn't, but I didn't mind them. I THOUGHT I would, but no. They were fine. Today I played on ZOOM for almost 2 hours. The foot LOL THE FOOT!! I put under the answer to @Tabatha_Cain.

Aww my GGS started school today. Awww he's doing Pre K since he's not been around hardly any kids his age. He turned 5 during the summer. Still he needs some more socialization first. OH LOOK AT THIS SMILE!! I LOVE IT!! I'm SO HAPPY THEY DID NOT Put any real info on this sign!! MANY DO!! There's no info on which school or even state!! Or his DOB!! WHY do some parents put the kids DOB??? Than put it on social media? So cute at this age he wants to be a fireman!! I'm going to see if I can have him for an overnight the next time his Dad doesn't have him on the weekend, there are a few places around here he can play on fire equipment.

xgrhvuoe4wou.jpg
    jvwqq129lhe8.jpg
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,237 Member
    Options
    It's 63 feels like 63 with a high of 89 for today. I AM: I see my progress and continue along my path to a better tomorrow. Axe Sharpening: Make sure that as things become easier, you find something productive to fill the new gap. It's the only way to grow.--Kelly Pollman 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Aim to be good enough, rather than perfect. Fitness quote for today: Endure the PAIN.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: If you lack in one area of life then turn your focus to an area you prosper in, let go of any negative lacking thoughts and embrace abundant thoughts.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,153 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Truck unload this morning then Pull Day2 in the gym.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well Today is Friday and I couldn't be more excited. Not only is it date night with my boyfriend but I get to wear jeans to work and today is the last day for the weekend. I am excited to see what tomorrow brings. Saturday I will be super busy with Pride stuff. I am not sure I am going to get dinner in on Saturday that I can eat. Who knows. I have a ton of stuff to do Saturday. This weekend is going to be so fun. I am hoping so anyways. Have my son's family birthday party to do Sunday. Then next weekend he will have his party for his friends.

@Kurtize - I am sorry you are having a rough go of things. Happy Birthday to Hubby.
    @cormierannie - Glad your daughter had a great day at school. I hope it continues to go well for her.
    @LindieMaeP - Thank you for the verse. I like it too. I was having some peace now. Still have to pull out my bible.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I truly hope your foot is healed this time. I will pray for it.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,038 Member
    Options
    Diane: I just went and enjoyed the company
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have looked around the discussions for the group and can't seem to locate the start date, though I am sure I saw it once. Could someone help me with the date? Thanks! :)
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,356 Member
    Options
    @WinterflowerSP - start date is probably Saturday, September 24 (which means we should be on our teams by Saturday, September 17 for Practice Week. But it's an unusually short time between Challenges for team sign-ups to get filled and leaders to get things set up. So keep watching announcements here. Since you're on my team, I'll make a note to send you an MFP Mail message when invitations to the individual Fall teams are sent out.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,519 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Friday. Still waiting to hear from Dr, called this morning and nurse said she would get back to me this afternoon. It's a nice day, 80 outside, a little breeze.

@Dianedoessmiles1- your ggd is precious.
    @WinterflowerSP - Nice seeing you here.
    @CSEGUIN2 - hope your ankle feels better

Hope everyone is having a great day, hugs and blessings.

8b331cgyoc0o.jpg

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk this afternoon and i feel great! i will be dancing to the 80's music later on after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, WOOHOO date night is so important to do. I know a couple who did it for over 40 years, they had 5 kids, never missed a Friday Date night unless there was a new aby or one of them was very sick. They said how much that really helped them through their marriage. ENJOY the meal out. BUSY WEEKEND!!
    @Patti241 ,, that's GREAT!! Do you have anything planned this weekend?
    @DNJoys TY TY TY For helping @WinterflowerSP !!
    @Kurtize ,, isn't he adorable? He was so SUPER EXCITED today he woke his Mom up quite early, LOL wanting to go and take the bus. Ohhhhh when he hits Middle School or HS and no longer wants to get up ,,, LOL YOU KNOW Grandma will send him these pictures!! What else are Grandmas for?
    @Cormierannie, glad you enjoyed the day.

WELL I NEED TO GET off the computer for a bit. I need to take the husk off 36 ears of corn for tomorrow. We have 50 people coming hopefully LOLOL 14 won't want any. But it's great to have things disappear very fast!! I'm going to roast them. I'm the one in charge of organization, so far we are pretty lined up!! WOOHOO!!! Enjoy the night. I may be able to pop in later.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

Today has been a beautiful day. Woke up with my ankle sore so I worked on my program for TOPS I am doing on Tuesday. Decided that I wouldn't do my morning walk as it was sore and had to walk to and from cleaning. Wrapped it and it is fine. Tomorrow my Son is coming for the weekend. We have a 80th birthday party for my great aunt. On Sunday we are going to Church at my Mom's church. It's been enough time since her passing and she would be disappointed he has not been going.
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    @DNJoys Thanks for your help! I might need a little help remembering how the posting/challenge works once we get going.

@Kurtize nice to see you also! Closed the SD group. How are you doing? I saw a post about your leg buckling. Any improvement?

Hurt my back yesterday but it was feeling a little better by this afternoon. Walked on the treadmill somewhat slowly for 20 min. after dinner this evening. Would’ve rode my bike but it was raining. 🫤
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,356 Member
    Options
    @WinterflowerSP , that's one reason we like to have a Practice Week. But if you have any questions, please ask. We're happy to help!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,, So glad you took it easy on your ankle!! Smart thinking.
    @WinterflowerSP , @DNJoys,, you'll work well together. @WinterflowerSP you can also ask any questions here, we are all happy to help answer them.

I went to husk the corn and it had a ewwww smell, tried 2 other packages same thing. SO OUT THEY WENT!! We have a number of grocery stores here. One of them is Shaws, I would NEVER EVER go there for anything, highly overpriced, horrible service, and food is not guaranteed to be fresh. I do love Hannafords which they do no gimmicks (of course sales, but no gimmicks on food items) they do push their own product line, but its cash back which I like) Hannaford service is so much better over all, and they do guarantee any fresh products and their name brands or double your money back. Of course NO STORE wants to give away money so they are very careful with their stuff. GLAD I only semi husked 12 ears before saying "NO they are ALL GROSS!" down the trash chute they went. OFF I GO like a cat who's tail might get caught in a rocking chair!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well Today is going to be a good day. My boyfriend works so while he is at work I am going to go to my Mom's. She thinks she has a photo of us from when we dated in high school. So I am going over there and we are going to dig up the photos. I hope we can find some and not of other boyfriends. Although I guess it is alright that she has some of those too.

@WinterflowerSP - I am thinking it is the 24th. Not quite positive on that though. Sorry you hurt your back. I hope it feels better today.
    @Kurtize - I hope they do get back to you today.
    @cormierannie - It is so great that you have a routine. I am starting back at the gym yesterday.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It was a great date night. I loved it. I hope you got all the corn husked. That is a lot of corn. Oh no. Sorry about the corn. Were you able to get more or are you just going to skip it?

Well it is time to get breakfast going. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,038 Member
    Options
    Diane: We are going to an outing today. The outing is a 3 day one and I have been two times now.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,237 Member
    Options
    It's 62 feels like 62 with a high of 89 for today. I AM: I am grateful for the small things that make up my life. Axe Sharpening: Do one thing today that will add value to your life and the lives of those around you.--Katie Hoehn 1st Phorm Advisor Happy World Suicide Prevention Day!!! Action for Happiness: When you find things hard, remember it's ok not to be ok. Fitness quote for today: Do it now. Sometimes 'later' becomes 'never'--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.--Napoleon Hill Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,739 steps yesterday.