Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 827 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @DNjoys Good to know about a practice week,
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Thanks for your guidance.
    @Tabatha_Cain I felt better through the day, thank you. I did manage to do a slow walk on the treadmill in the evening. 🐌 I'm hoping it doesn't hold me back (ha) this week.

Hope everyone has a great day! 🌼
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday !! May all you do be successful and give you peace.
    8kks3cju7zea.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! m daughter is working at her part time job today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i am helping a friend to move some of her stuff to her new place today. i like to help others as often as i can. i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Kurtize I see froggies !!! They are so cute, what a nice gift from the family - very useful too. I hope you both enjoy it. I hope you get answers from the Orthopedic as well. Maybe I should have been sent to one, but to be honest, our health care is on the brink of colapsing so I am not pushing anything at this time.
    Here in BC Canada we have an air advisory due to the forest fires that surround us. The sun is shining orange instead of yellow, that only happens when the forest fires are that active and the wind blows all the smoke our way. I have an air purifyer I can use so no worries there.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day. Got some weed whacking and branches trimmed back. Trying to deter the squatters from hanging out on our property. Ankle is feeling back to normal again. Birthday party was great and found out that one of our TOPS members is her best friend since grade school. I am always greatful for the advice on my Son. He is good with going to Church and admitted that it was time to go back. He hasn't decided if he will serve. That's fine as I am just glad he is going. For him it's more about going without my Mom for the first time. I haven't pushed the issue till now and if he had a good reason not to go that would have been fine.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 I ment to tell you, a photographer in your area took some great shots of the Harrow Fair including a couple of videos. He is Donny Moore Photography, and he has a face book page as well. If your interested check it out, he goes all over Essex County and such and does some great photography. I have the calandar he does every year. I am glad your day went well. When your son is ready, he will go, it must be really hard not to go with out his grandmother. Prince William was quoted as saying he will miss his grannie ( Queen Elizabeth 11) I think sometimes we forget that people have family and private lives. To us she was royalty, to her family so much more.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,012 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, I SKIPPED the corn, we had enough of everything else. LOL We had to much meat!! That's so good though. On Monday we'll grill it (Well Wayne will !! LOL I'll make sure it goes well though). With 50 people coming it went so smoothly. We had a lot of help setting up, during and with the clean up. YEAH YEAH!! I am so pleased you both had a great date night!! As said I think those are so important. Did your Mom find the picture? That'd be so cool!! Hope the day was ROARSOME!!
    @Patti241 ,, OH I hope you have /had a GRAND TIME!!! That the weather was PURRFECT!! You know it IS CATURDAY!! LOL Izzy says she HAS approved of Caturday!! LOL And of Purrsday (Thursday) too!!
    @macrat12 ,, nice steps!!!
    @WinterflowerSP ,, YW, please be super careful if you aren't feeling well with exercise. If the treadmill was to much, or could be, you may wish to do some chair exercises, or a slow walk around your place if being outside is to much. We are so happy you are here with us! ASK ANY questions you have. If we do not know the answers we'll make them up!! LOLOL NAH we'll do our best to answer them, we've been here for a year now. So most questions we can question (I'd never say 100% cause LOL LOL that could turn out to not be).
    @Lindiemaep ,, Awww SWEET!! We hope you LOVED the day!! Its CATURDAY!! Please be super careful about the air out there.
    @Cormierannie ,, Hope the move went smoothly! One move I did 12 people said they'd help. LOL 3 showed up!! After that I paid for movers instead of paying friends! Paying friends when we are young is a good way to go, but as we start to get older none of us usually needs the extra money from moving others. Moving others is HARD WORK!
    @Kurtize ,, OH lets hope the orthopedic Dr can be of help!! WHAT A NEAT NEAT BENCH!! WOW That's so cool!! LOVE the wheels!! I'm going to show this to @Katiecondy1 she'll LOVE IT TOO!
    @Cseguin2 ,, so happy your ankle is feeling better!! WOOHOO on the lawn. Yeah with kiddo's no matter the age, from young teens up it's best to not press it. I have no doubt you are pleased he has an interest.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,148 Member
    Options
    It's 57 feels like 56 with a high of 77 for today. I AM: I keep myself open and let myself be. Happy Patriots Day!!! Action for Happiness: Make time to do something you really enjoy. Fitness quote for today: I'm better THAN YESTERDAY--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Stop overthinking. You can't control everything, just let it be.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,253 steps yesterday.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today as it goes we will be going grocery shopping, then going to the gym and then having a birthday party for my son. He will be 18 next Saturday. I am super excited. I cannot wait until he is 18. I have to set some ground rules for some stuff and we will see how it goes with them. I am taking the 20th off and we are going to get him his learners permit to learn driving. I have already taught him to drive it is just that he now gets the official permit.

@WinterflowerSP - I think if you go slow it won't effect you that much or for that long.
    @Kurtize - That is a really cute bench. I am sure you both will love it.
    @LindieMaeP - I hope you are doing ok with all the fires.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Glad your ankle is feeling better. That always helps.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We are going to go look at photos today. I really hope she still has them. I don't remember her giving them to me. So she has to have them. She tried once before and I asked her to hold onto them.

Well it is time to get our breakfast going. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It rained last night. Luckily, we left the outing just in time.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, it is a beautiful day, sat outside for a bit and had my morning coffee and breakfast, nice breeze and 80 degrees. Loving it, but also remembering this day, 21 years ago. One I will not forget or all the thoughts running through my head. Hugs and blessings

l7a28j1q1b3f.jpg

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,527 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP -thx! It’s getting easier.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw I hope they can find something that works. Can you switch to a different antibiotic?
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,527 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw he’s so cute! And his sign is perfect. Around here people seem to do teacher and school which i think is crazy.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Our squatters don't always stay long but they attract more and it usually takes the police to get them moving. But you never know if they are just homeless or addict's that can leave needles or even start fires.

Today was a nice day even if a little gloomy. Had a great time at church. Lots of happy people to see us, compliment us, and of course give their condolences in regards to Mom's passing in January. Most of them we had not seen since before COVID. DS did chose to serve and he did awesome as I knew he would. For me there was no crying during Church. I think it was because of the Church I was in. The rest of the day has been all about football and just relaxing. Also at end of the service one of the members brought me a bouquet of flowers that were on the alter in memory of some of his family members. He use to send them home with Mom so I felt very honored to receive them. ij1oqo3cn52u.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, How did the grocery shopping go for you? Its so neat watching the kids turn 18, and have some freedom though of course it depends on how dependable the kid is. Hope he does well. Did your Mom have the photos?
    @HIcim705 ,, that day sure did change so much for all of us. Our hearts break for all the families who are affected. For the many first responders who are still getting sick as well as others in the area.
    @Patt241 LOVE it when the rain waits for us to finish the things we want. Hope today was ROARSOME!
    @Kurtize it hit 78 today. I'm so ready for this weather to LEAVE until May of 2023 or even June, or July!!! No doubt all of us remember that day as if it was just yesterday. All of us very likely remember the place we were when we heard it. A friends son worked in one of the towers on the 23rd floor. His boss told them not not leave. He was the only who did leave. He's the only one left from the office. The guilt can be overwhelming
    @Bookiej,, How did your day go? I've been on 8 different ones since June though a few of them were only a few days. I broke out on those 2. This will likely be a lonngggg and drawn out thing unless they find one that works. Oh, I totally agree! To me they should not do the name of the school or the name of the child. LOL If I do not know this is my GGS well,, LOL that'd be sad!! Any of our friends/family know who he is and most of us know the school.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, are the squatters living next door where your neighbor moved out? Its terrible how they anyone feels they can just take someone else place regardless of why. Those flowers are GORGEOUS!! Such a nice fall arrangement.
    Today is recovery day from yesterday!! I did go to meeting this AM, and take a friend grocery shopping. Our little grocery store is ALWAYS so crowded!! There are only 7 registers and 3 self checkouts. We hit it perfectly with only 1 person in front of us. Have you noticed those who use the cashiers are the slowest customers? LOL the lady in front of us was so slow I had time to go home, put mine away, buy them again, take a 2 week vacation and welcomed in 2023!! Than my friend,,, well she was even longer. I reached RETIREMENT AGE and I am only 18 (LOLOL). Usually I use the self checkout. Today was take care of the stuff I had cleaned from the BBQ bring them back to different ones places and the storage closet, put up a new sign for the BBQ tomorrow for suppers. Its a bring your own containers and eat in your place or with someone else, cause this gal is NOT laying out a spread! LOL Hope you all sleep well!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Had a wonderful morning out with my Congregation volunteer group and then went to two places, one in Ladner for the last day of farmer's market days, and then to Tsawwassen ( pronoun toowassen) to a huge mall, got lots of steps in.
    ik7df6bmaosp.jpg
    1l5ah8rxa1f5.jpg
    Can't wait to try the water Buffalo yogurt - grass fed
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @LindiemaeP you are away more daring than I am!! Hope it helps you. COOL fish pond and flowers. Enjoy the yogurt!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Lol all is good!!